The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• Mojave Music said:...The Wire is a television show.

The first issue of
    The Wire came out in 82.

So it is the real The Wire.

also even though i have never seen that show i can safely say the magazine is better.
  • edited 2013-01-29 22:55:26
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    Yes, Mojave.

Which made my question an entirely silly one instead of just a mostly silly one, since it's obvious what the answer is.

And no, i would most likely not have gotten your Family Guy reference.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.

WHAT IS THAT SPINNING BLACK THING
  • A laptop...came with...a wireless...mouse?

THAT'S THE STUPIDEST THING I'VE EVER HEARD

It's a fucking laptop. You have to have it right in front of you to use anyway because the keyboard is an integral part of the computer. What the hell advantage is there to wirelessness there? You know what? The cord on my mouse is really short. It's less than 3 feet long. But that's plenty, because I have the laptop right in front of me. If you have to have the computer that close to you to begin with, why would anyone ever willingly choose a mouse that you have to constantly feed batteries over a mouse that you just plug in to the damn machine?

WHY DO PEOPLE LIKE WIRELESS MICE
    I guess they're useful for teachers but other than that idunnolol

It's a fucking laptop. You have to have it right in front of you to use anyway because the keyboard is an integral part of the computer. What the hell advantage is there to wirelessness there? You know what? The cord on my mouse is really short. It's less than 3 feet long. But that's plenty, because I have the laptop right in front of me. If you have to have the computer that close to you to begin with, why would anyone ever willingly choose a mouse that you have to constantly feed batteries over a mouse that you just plug in to the damn machine?

the real question: why do people like mice?
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Naney said:

Hey there Knockout

I posit that the wireless anything boom is part of a conspiracy by the battery industry to boost sales of those

...have you ever,

EVER,

experienced the HORROR of a tangle of wires?

It makes me want to bring all those politician businesspeople back so I can kill them again.

And again.

by "came with" I mean "my mom bought me both as a belated birthday present".

We actually have a wired one but it's really unresponsive and trackpads are the devil for me because I need really precise mouse control for a) making music and b) playing certain games, and since I'm left handed I need something that precise.

I've yet to find an equally precise wired mouse unfortunately.

• edited 2013-01-29 22:57:10
    Naney said:

the real question: why do people like mice?

i like mice because they're not touchpads.
    AND AGAIN
  • The Wire is an American television drama series set and produced in and around Baltimore, Maryland. Created and primarily written by author and former police reporter David Simon, the series was broadcast by the premium cable network HBO in the United States. The Wire premiered on June 2, 2002, and ended on March 9, 2008, comprising 60 episodes over five seasons.
    Each season of The Wire focuses on a different facet of the city of Baltimore. In chronological order they are: the illegal drug trade, the seaport system, the city government and bureaucracy, the school system, and the print news media. The large cast consists mainly of character actors who are little known for their other roles. Simon has said that despite its presentation as a crime drama, the show is "really about the American city, and about how we live together. It's about how institutions have an effect on individuals. Whether one is a cop, a longshoreman, a drug dealer, a politician, a judge or a lawyer, all are ultimately compromised and must contend with whatever institution they are committed to."[1]

Sounds dull.
    Touchpads were made by the same guy that made Comic Sans
  • Touchpads were made by the same guy that made Comic Sans

what?
  • edited 2013-01-29 22:59:01

...have you ever,

EVER,

experienced the HORROR of a tangle of wires?

It makes me want to bring all those politician businesspeople back so I can kill them again.

And again.
    Tangled wires suck, but there's not a lot for a mouse wire to get tangled with, so it's not much of an issue.  The disadvantages of a wireless mouse outweigh the advantages.
    I hate touchpads.
  • Not a hybrid rabbit-skink spirit
    Shit, my wireless mouse is the most useful thing ever

It's the little things, like "I can shove it in my back pocket without having to deal with the cord" and "I can turn it off when I don't need to use the mouse without actually unplugging it" and "when I'm watching movies with friends and I have my laptop hooked up to a tv/projector I can use the mouse without getting up and walking to the table my laptop is on".
  • I hate touchpads.

i am afraid that we will never understand each other
    Humans never do.
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    These are the only wires anybody ever needs to pay attention to:

And yeah, touchpads don't have anywhere near the precision of a mouse

They're terrible
  • And yeah, touchpads don't have anywhere near the precision of a mouse

They're terrible

et tu, brute?
  • holy shit I could watch Lunice DJ for hours

dat rocking face

• My dreams exceed my real life
    i pictured Odradek as this wild-eyed shouting revolutionary character surrounded by unresponsive emo kids.

Although i saw how this failed uprising went down and it was nothing like that.
    Freeeeee speeeeeeeech

I tried to find that SA smiley that was a boot saying free speech coming down on a crying pedophile, but I couldn't.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Tangled wires isn't a problem for me because, well, it's a laptop. The only other wires connected to it are the power adapter on the opposite side and the headphones on the front.

I can see how it would be annoying if you have a desktop computer where everything has to be plugged in separately, though.

As for touchpads: I'm not their greatest fan, but I'll take a touchpad over that little nubby thing on old IBM laptops any day.
  • the Boiler Room books loads of amazing artists.
  • As for touchpads: I'm not their greatest fan, but I'll take a touchpad over that little nubby thing on old IBM laptops any day.

i truly am living in like some bizarro world ;_;
  • Naney said:

the Boiler Room books loads of amazing artists.

is this serious

also you really need to watch that video. You can mute it if you want (I love Lunice's original music but he's a terrible DJ), you just need to watch at least a little bit of it.

I am in too much of a pissy mood tonight.

I must do something happifying
    Antinatalism as revolutionary praxis
  • actually yeah the little ThinkPad nubs were less than precise the last time i used one but that was way back.
  • Odradek said:

Antinatalism as revolutionary praxis

dude stop.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    Touchpads get in the way, are imprecise, and are uncomfortable to use unless you enable the click-on-tap function, in which case they become the worst thing in the world because they click on everything whether you wanted to or not.

The inventor of the touchpad was not Vincent Connare.  It is commonly held that George E. Gerpheide invented the touchpad, although Satan was presumably ultimately responsible.

Pictured: every internet forum ever.
  • Odradek said:

s

t

o

p

Vincent Connare

He designed Trebuchet too, you know

Also I got the old SpongeBob loaded up

You know who co-wrote "Valentine's Day"? Merriweather Williams!

Odradek said:

s

t

o

p

I'm not sure what you want me to stop doing.
  • you know what the only thing stupider than a wireless mouse in my opinion is

a wireless keyboard
  • also you really need to watch that video. You can mute it if you want (I love Lunice's original music but he's a terrible DJ), you just need to watch at least a little bit of it.

i am watching it now actually
    What do you people have against wireless stuff

seriously
  • I don't have anything against it. I just don't get the appeal.

Yer a wizard 'arry.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    Anonus said:

Vincent Connare

He designed Trebuchet too, you know

Also I got the old SpongeBob loaded up

You know who co-wrote "Valentine's Day"? Merriweather Williams!

Is it a relatively poor episode?

(SpongeBob is so unlike FiM that this is not a given)
    Not really
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    I have a wireless mouse on this machine and on the ThinkPad because argh touchpads. I can't stand using a touchpad in any position other than with the laptop on my lap.

As for wireless keyboards, there are a few things I can think of that they're useful for, though most of those have to do with set-top boxes and HTPCs.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Is it bad that I think some police cars look kinda cool?
  • Is it bad

you and anonus keep asking this
    That's because we worry a lot

Like, you see, the cooler-looking police cars (your black and white Dodge Chargers and the like) tend to belong to rich suburbs where they're primarily used to pull people over for having dark skin

So I worry that having a positive opinion of the cars themselves means I'm supporting that kind of abuse or something

...this made more sense in my head
  • you and anonus are very silly and need to worry le-

(*Explodes due to hypocrisy overload*)
  •  I'm left handed

*leftyfive*
    Sometimes I wish I were left-handed

I don't know why