The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• GOT AN EMAIL FROM UNIVERSITY OF LINCOLN.

MY TOP UNIVERSITY.

"Thank you for choosing the University of Lincoln.
    We are processing your application and will be in touch soon"
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

A month or two ago I had an idea about a teenage girl who goes to live with her uncle, who owns a motel out in the country. The idea was that after she moves out there she and her cousin start coming across all this paranormal stuff.

The thing is...that's not really original at all (see my avatar) and I'm not sure if I could bring anything to it that would make it worth reading. The main gimmick was that it would be presented as a blog written from the girl's point of view, and I'm not sure that's enough to carry it.

• My dreams exceed my real life
    Yarrun said:

Fouria G said:

I wanna find that TVT memepost I made a while back.

Aha.

Stygian Saturday.  troll post removed.  Rats.  Loli Rape Bunker.  Controversial statement.  Fast Eddie will shut that shit down.  Fedora fedora fedora fedora fedora fedora fedora fedora fedora fedora fedora.   I AM THE PRETTIEST GIRL IN THE HEOSLE WOR.  Vigilante taxonomists.  Fungal sacs.  The best anime is Twin Peaks.  THE GREAT MOTHERFUCKING PUMPKIN.  It's CLOACA time!  Haven is the main character of Real Life.  HAY ZUDAK.  Yuri goggles.  Assuming direct control: the wiki is only interested in hosting a friendly, civil forum.  I Am Not Making This Up.  So Yeah.  Touhou does not exist.  Sorry, I skipped some posts.  I wanted to FUCK the SHIT out of her.  You needed to know this.  SEVEN LEVELS OF INTENSE GAMEPLAY.  Don't forget to try Tou-*shot*.  I'm an outsider. What Touhou looks like to me is a pile of crap.  Take it to Fetishes.I just changed into my jammies...  I knew who started this thread before I even clicked on it.
    The weirdest nostalgia right now.

So, I've been looking through the tvtropes tag on tumblr, and I'm surprised that the the content is mostly positive. There's a few negative people, namely this one guy who hates Fast Eddie and this really obnoxious, CrazyGoggs-like blog, but everybody seems to like the wiki. It's like Tumblr wasn't paying attention when all the crazy stuff started happening.
    Most people weren't, and don't.
  • Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
    Kexruct said:

Happy Mask Salesman: Whenever there is a meeting, a parting shall follow. But that parting needs not last forever. Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short while... that is up to you. 

Majora's Mask is an awesome game with awesome quotes.
    MM is the best Zelda game

FACT

#rafaout
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

Fouria has me thinking about the VMSes on buses now.

Most of the ones around here are LED nowadays, but occasionally you see an older bus that still has the flip-disc displays. They're in surprisingly good condition, too; I rarely see any with pixels stuck on or off like you'd expect.

Also they have this annoying tendency to put unrelated messages on them. During football season they say "GO BUCKS" (I think the ones that serve OSU's campus tend to say this year-round) and during December they say "HAPPY HOLIDAYS".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Object-oriented_ontology#Criticism Holy shit philosophy drama on the wikipedia page.
  • Odradek said:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Object-oriented_ontology#Criticism Holy shit philosophy drama on the wikipedia page.

You need a hobbyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

actually turning it on before taking a picture is too much work

so let's just cover it with unconvincing photoshop effects

Odradek said:

You need a hobbyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
    DND doesn't count?
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    Good luck, Tools!

A month or two ago I had an idea about a teenage girl who goes to live with her uncle, who owns a motel out in the country. The idea was that after she moves out there she and her cousin start coming across all this paranormal stuff.

The thing is...that's not really original at all (see my avatar) and I'm not sure if I could bring anything to it that would make it worth reading. The main gimmick was that it would be presented as a blog written from the girl's point of view, and I'm not sure that's enough to carry it.

If it interests you, perhaps it could be worth writing anyway?  It might not be super original, but neither is it such a specific premise that you couldn't come up with an interesting new take on it.

And I liked what I've seen of your writing before, FWIW.
  • uggggggh I feel like total shit. 

I want to call off from work tonight but I can't.

Man, I was going to write a story, and it had a detective and the hero was a scientist and there were brony elves and deadly prions from outer space and then I got so hung up on the worldbuilding that the story never went anywhere.
    As recently evidenced by events on the blog An Und Fur Sich[83], the proponents of Object-Oriented Ontology have developed a reputation of online bullying, group thought, and hyper aggressive behavior (not to mention shameless self-aggrandizement). It is thought likely this growing problem will overshadow any intellectual merits the movement brought to bear, and that indeed posterity will look back on OOO in a poor light.
    Is it bad that I laughed?

I don't really know anything about this whole OOO drama fiasco whatever, but you can almost smell the resentment here.

uggggggh I feel like total shit. 

I want to call off from work tonight but I can't.

*hugs if acceptable*

Do you have time to get some rest in beforehand?
  • Doctor Who reference in Pokemon B2W2? Headcanon accepted.

DDDDDDDDDDDDDDD:
  • hahahaha what the hell
    Fouria G said:

*hugs if acceptable*

Do you have time to get some rest in beforehand?

I could but I don't want to sleep for only four hours. I'll be all groggy when I wake up.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    ew
    Fouria G said:

Man, I was going to write a story, and it had a detective and the hero was a scientist and there were brony elves and deadly prions from outer space and then I got so hung up on the worldbuilding that the story never went anywhere.

As recently evidenced by events on the blog An Und Fur Sich[83], the proponents of Object-Oriented Ontology have developed a reputation of online bullying, group thought, and hyper aggressive behavior (not to mention shameless self-aggrandizement). It is thought likely this growing problem will overshadow any intellectual merits the movement brought to bear, and that indeed posterity will look back on OOO in a poor light.
    Is it bad that I laughed?

I don't really know anything about this whole OOO drama fiasco whatever, but you can almost smell the resentment here.
    Honestly, the OOO people are acting pretty badly, but editing the Wikipedia article is just silly.
    snurging
    stupid stupid

My traffic light is turned off

And I don't remember turning it off

This is going to bug me all day now

Also my traffic light literally has a pull chain I can use to turn it on and off, which is nice.

milk bar

My traffic light is turned off

And I don't remember turning it off

This is going to bug me all day now

have you ever considered the possibility that it is haunted
    Clicking on your edit history does, though.

brb ordering a pair.
  • Clicking on your edit history does, though.

oh yeah that's right
    Blog drama is here and here by the way
  • no1currrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

why have drama when you can have DOGGIES IN SWINGS
    Odradek said:

what the hell are these two nancies arguing about
    Inane is right.
  • Inane is always right.
    Odradek said:

I actually did read that the last time you posted it, for some reason.

Terence Blake's post was kind of amusing, if immature.
    (I have no life)
    Odradek, do you actually like philosophy or do you just like the stupid internet drama it creates?
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Man, reading these philosophy blogs is like reading some of the more interesting flame wars over software design over at the Portland Pattern Repository. Some people are so obsessed with minutiae and (dare I say it) privilege (telling people to check their C++ or Java privilege was popular over there with some posters, I swear to God) that they forget the big picture and just start fighting. I want to punch them all.

Odradek, do you actually like philosophy or do you just like the stupid internet drama it creates?

I like it, and am kind of bemused by how silly people get over it on the internet.

See? Pull chain!

(This was before I wired in the controller, which is why you see three AC hot wires running from the power cord. Now there's only one because it runs to the controller instead of straight to each light.)

See? Pull chain!

(This was before I wired in the controller, which is why you see three AC hot wires running from the power cord. Now there's only one because it runs to the controller instead of straight to each light.)

yep just as I thought

plenty of room for a ghost
    Sometimes I wonder if whoever designed US electrical outlets intentionally made them look like a face:

ughhhghhghgh i'm so tiiiiiired ;_;

First thought:
    Bye SL.
  • Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
    How many ranks is corporal off colonel?
    In what?

A colonel is a commissioned officer and a corporal is an NCO, if that helps.
  • I love browsing the Sound on Sound online archive.

They have a bunch of great articles, like this one on how we hear pitch: http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/apr11/articles/perception.htm