The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• This is true, but the intent there is pretty clear.
  • KJIKJI
    Yeah... yeah!!! hell yeah!!!
    To be fair, Childish Gambino is a terrible rapper.
  • That's really not a reason to use a racial slur against him.

Also I don't really listen to him but I thought his verse in the one BET cypher this year was good (not to mention funny).

• KJIKJI
    Yeah, of course his skill at rapping is no reason to be elitist or anything, but he's a really bad rapper. As in the type of guy who thinks "I'm on my ballin' each and every day/Asian girls everywhere, UCLA" is not only funny, but funny enough to be the chorus of the song.
  • *shrug*

I listened to Camp once and don't really remember much of it. I recall some of the songs being pretty good but most of it was just okay.

• KJIKJI
    edited 2012-11-24 17:12:19
    The BET cypher this year had Joey Bada$$ and Angel Haze on it, Childish Gambino was busy spitting lyrics that either make no sense (I count Ninja Turtles), are terrible puns (I got the Black Amex, I'm pullin' the race card) or are about HEY I'M A WHITE GUY TOO
  • I thought it was pretty good. Besides, terrible puns are like, half of rap music.

Joey Bada$$ is one of two not-quite-mainstream rappers that I would just like to punch in the face (the other being Hopsin), also his verse was apparently recycled from a song of his.

I'd never even heard of Angel Haze before I saw the cypher, but she was pretty good too.

Also if you want stupid rap lyrics there's always "rappers think they're animals--nope, it's Chuck Testa!"

Because I guess Mac Lethal is a redditor or something.

• KJIKJI
    Well I would like to punch lots of people in the face, so maybe it didn't click?
  • Doctor Who reference in Pokemon B2W2? Headcanon accepted.
    KJI said:Well I would like to punch lots of people in the face, so maybe it didn't click?

there's a branch of the military service that specializes in this,
    son let me tell you all about it
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis

Anyone who uses "Uncle Tom" as an epithet has no clue whatsoever as to what kind of character Uncle Tom is, or what the book is about.

• KJIKJI
    And just because Kanye says Niggas talkin reckless STUNTMAN with a lot of emphasis doesn't mean it's a good lyric
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    instrumental music
  • It's 4:20 somewhere.
    I thought it was amusing that the lawyer in Boondocks was named Tom.
    hi tools

how goes the performing or facilitating mechanical operations
  • Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

if those troops right there are Royal Marines that would just make this image even more awesome

I don think you can tell what they are.
    hm, my birthday is in five days

five days
    I already got you your bday gift.
    Yes, I saw. Thankies
  • The sadness will last forever.
    die fish scum

die = the
  • The sadness will last forever.
    die dist scum

die fish scum

die = the

But I like Fish.
    ghoti
    thump
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    politics
    DEATHFUCK <--all-purpose word
  • Remember that thread "Totally legit reasons to dislike the newer Zelda games?"

I don't think it ever gave a reason to dislike a Zelda game.
    Zeldas are good games, well, I like the older ones, anyway.

So, ew to YOU
  • 50000 colours out of my mouth
  • 2. Ew, Zelda.

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
    I'm almost done playing through Zelda II over here

still not a bad game. as far as NES titles, still one of the better ones.  The difficulty curve is steep but it's not Ghosts n Goblins hard.
    oh hey truant sup
  • edited 2012-11-24 20:23:17

my dad took us out to eat (*Whyyyyyyy, he can't afford it ffs*)

and then

my mom made us a late thanksgiving dinner

just grin and bear it i guessssssssssss
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Anyone ever notice the star balloons they use for the Thanksgiving parade still have an old version of the Macy's logo?

• oh, centie is Strawberry Shortcake now

Suhweet
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I've started to dislike Avant Garde Gothic

Am I becoming a true typophile

Most typophiles don't seem fond of it, they must not like its brand of geometry
  • edited 2012-11-24 20:30:08
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    What is it with retail and geometric sans-serifs anyway? Macy's has their Avant Garde Gothic; Kmart has/had their Futura...
  • edited 2012-11-24 20:32:38
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    They just look so perfect, at least to them anyway

Also, at least in advertising, Kmart favors Gotham and Macy's Avenir now
    ...which are also geometric sans. Weird.

(I actually knew that about Kmart and Gotham, but I was thinking in terms of in-store signage, which doesn't seem to have changed much since the 1990s at most locations)
    THRASH METAL
    I'm thinking about Meijer's branding now.

They've been pretty consistent over the past 8 years or so in using only Franklin Gothic (the ITC one I think, though the guideline document I found just says "Franklin Gothic") and Century Schoolbook. I gotta admit, it's a pretty appealing combination...

Also I have some photos of the Christmas marketing stuff at my local Meijer, but I need to get them off mother's iPhone. (I used her phone because it has a better camera than mine.)
  • M-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-my Sharona
    you know who I miss, I kinda miss Jumpingzombie
  • What happened to her?