The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• Hey...
  • I know it's not, I'm just fucking freaking out and I don't know why.

This hasn't happened to me since like fucking seventh grade god-dammit.

• Doctor Who reference in Pokemon B2W2? Headcanon accepted.
    Hello Tools, how are you
  • I need sleep.

I really really need sleep.

Good night. Morning. I don't even fucking know anymore.

• I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Good night Lazuli...don't be so hard on yourself about this.
  • I'm not bad, just tired and confused.

*hugs all*

How are you?
    Me, I'm hunky-dory

studying for a calculus exam
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

I'm so glad you specified "at this intersection", because otherwise I would have thought cross traffic never stops at any intersection.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    "His intellectual admirers have more to answer for. The 20th was the century of violence, violence as an end in itself. It opened with a ghastly war about nothing in particular, closed with a group of religious fanatics flying planes into office buildings, and remade, in between, the complete Top Ten List of the bloodiest regimes in world history. And 20th century intellectuals worshipped violence, apotheosized it. They served as lickspittles to Stalin, Hitler, Mao, Castro, and Arafat. They made cults of thug writers like Jim Thompson and William Burroughs. And now degenerate intellectuals, newspaper movie critics, praise a thug director like Tarantino in terms that turn out, upon inspection, to be suspiciously elliptical. After all the “deliciously perverse” and “voluptuous,” “uniquely twisted,” “sumptuous” and “operatic,” the question remains: what is it about Tarantino that these people really like?"
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
  • I hate sleeping.

YNTKT
  • uggghhhh

plato

I hate you
  • edited 2012-11-18 11:45:07
    Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    Mr Truant said:

uggghhhh

plato

I hate you
    But is Aristotle your homeboy? And are you down with Marx?
  • No.

Fuck

all

of

the

philosophers
  • Two lovers sat on a park bench with their bodies touching each other, holding hands in the moonlight.
    Hello

I have entered the "staying up all day in an attempt to fix my sleep schedule" phase, something I haven't done before.
  • Good luck CA, it's not easy.  My advice is not to drink too much caffeine to help otherwise when you do sleep you'll wake more frequently.
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    Hi, CA. How's it going?

Silly things I find amusing: In Copy Kitty, the double weapon I've fired the most often so far is the Snaking Shot. It's a rapid-fire weapon, but still.
    Why do I care so much about the film business

Also I feel as if my interest in type has waned a little, this has to be rectified.

Hello

I have entered the "staying up all day in an attempt to fix my sleep schedule" phase, something I haven't done before.
    CA: this doesn't work as an instant fix. As you'll find out today, you'll fight sleep all the way until bedtime and then whenever you do want to go to sleep, despite being awake all day, your body will decide it's awake time. At most, you'll get 2-3 hours sleep and wake up feeling refreshed.

It's going to take at least a week to get your circadian rhythm back on schedule.
    Sgt. Eric Dowd, Noor’s squad leader, added: “I’ve discussed the situation with Noor. He’s a good Marine. He wears his uniform fabulously, he dresses in proper libo attire, is well-groomed, is respectful, shows up to formation on time, and smells good… but he’s still a little young and naïve about how things work. Just because this DADT thing has been repealed, doesn’t mean you can go bombarding people’s inboxes with dick-pics.”

But Semper Pink says this excuse isn’t good enough.

“We’ve maintained from day one that ‘we keep our unit out of women, so keep women out of our unit.’ Lance Corporal Noor didn’t do anything wrong here,” says Gunnery Sergeant Derek Sorenson, a spokesman for Semper Pink. “We’re calling on all gay and breeder Marines alike to boycott PX’s, chow halls, and luxury areas of the 62 area of Camp Pendleton. Furthermore, we’re asking that all gay Marines stand in front of the Regimental Commander’s office and hold a kiss in, so we can show the DoD that our contribution to military sub-culture tradition is just as important as those of straight Marines.”

Hello

CA: this doesn't work as an instant fix. As you'll find out today, you'll fight sleep all the way until bedtime and then whenever you do want to go to sleep, despite being awake all day, your body will decide it's awake time. At most, you'll get 2-3 hours sleep and wake up feeling refreshed.

It's going to take at least a week to get your circadian rhythm back on schedule.
    Ah, I figured it would end with something like that, but at the same time I figure I have to start somewhere, and going to sleep now would leave me even further off track...
  • (*Pokes CA so she stays awake*)
    rabbits don't have the same love for boxes

for cats, it's "get inside box"

for rabbits, it's "box must die"
    I feel decidedly un-depressed today, which is a welcome change.

I wanna be all Mabel-like
  • edited 2012-11-18 13:11:42
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    That's good...

I feel tired, also I have no idea how evil my play's monster trucks are, maybe they're not all bad.
    If Twilight drank a bunch of Early Times and then tried practicing spells

Could she be arrested for Magic Under the Influence?
    The network won't let her
    I wouldn't wish Early Times on anyone

even if it is the best selling whiskey in Japan, that shit is nasty
    while I'm in Japan I'm gonna get a picture of some Early Times, remind me of that

I wouldn't wish Early Times on anyone

even if it is the best selling whiskey in Japan, that shit is nasty
    Maybe she used magic to make it taste better
    Maybe she needs to drink some Jim Beam or something

The Hub doesn't let its on-air talent drink Early Times
    I want to try Applejack's cider

If it can turn an entire town into raging drunks it must be good stuff
    Too bad its episode was pretty shitty aside from the song
    why are all the fictional characters i identify with children from media aimed at children
    Twilight Sparkle and Pinkie Pie aren't children
  • edited 2012-11-18 13:30:55
    Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    I wouldn't be surprised if there's a part of the internet where people will argue for days over whether or not the main characters of MLP are kids or adults. Even Spike.
    Anonus said:

Twilight Sparkle and Pinkie Pie aren't children

Fair enough. I was thinking of characters like Mabel Pines (12), Matilda Wormwood (6 or 7, IIRC) and, to some extent, Lisa Simpson (8).

I wouldn't be surprised if there's a part of the internet where people will argue for days over whether or not the main characters of MLP are kids or adults. Even Spike.

Probably. I maintain that they're adults, because Rarity runs a business, Twilight Sparkle is a grad student, and Applejack seems to be one of the two primary caretakers for her farm.
    I knew political cartoonists are lazy, but how lazy do you have to be to literally take a political cartoon drawn by someone else and just change the labels?

I mean, ok, referencing a well-known historical cartoon is one thing, but...Gorrell couldn't even be bothered to draw his own version of it? Or even to find a high-resolution copy of it that didn't look like a JPEG from 1998?

and HE GETS PAID FOR THIS arrgghrhafdas
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    Since Truant isn't here to say it right now,

pliticl cartun
  • i wish to come up with a song lyric for this signature, but no song lyrics are coming to mind
    that 

looks like it literally took no effort to make

said this before

I'll say it again

the only relevant political cartoonist of the day is Kelly
    LOOK AT ME I CAN MAKE POLITICAL CARTOONS

ALL YOU NEWSPAPERS CAN GIVE ME MONEY NOW

• quick, throw all the money at CA

she is artist
  • Mitt Romney is the most milquetoast name I've ever heard.