The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• also, Goodnight Lee
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    LouieUU said:

CentralAvenue,
    So apparently outside of Internetland admitting you still watch The Powerpuff Girls as a 22-year-old "man" means you're brave or something

I would agree with that. This is nothing against The Powerpuff Girls, I just think it takes guts to talk about liking stuff when you know you might face ridicule for doing it. Honestly, it also amazes me when people can be so open about things on Facebook, but that might be for different reasons.

I guess. I just didn't really think of it as something that would ever invite ridicule, since PPG seems fairly well-respected amongst anyone who likes '90s or 2000s cartoons.

But then again, I wear My Little Pony apparel in public, so what do I know
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    JZ: A lot of her earlier episodes don't even allow comments anymore, so it's obvious she's not interested in a meaningful discussion, just one-sided complaining.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Pippi Longstocking meets Mandy: best crossover idea or best crossover idea?
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Yarrun said:

Yarrun said:

Just spent the last hour or so writing/reading about misogyny.

I hate everything now.

Welcome to the misanthropy club, here is your badge. (*Hands misanthropy badge*)

ironically, this means you now hate women as well
    Humph.

It's just that I spent a good amount of time writing a Tumblr post explaining why I, personally, don't use rape in my writing, and I bet that no one's going to read it besides my 13 followers.

And yet I wrote it anyways.
    I'm curious about this. Toss me a link.

In the cast of my work, I have one character (male) who was a victim of sexual violence; I also have another character (female) who is, simply, a sadistic predator. I am well aware of how so many people callously use rape as a plot device, specifically as "this bad thing that happens to women," and it disgusts me, so I try to be careful. The fact that I prefer implication helps this. But I still fear overstepping my boundaries, screwing something up.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    ...when did you say you liked PPG?
    AU: My career coach and I were talking while we waited for the notoriously slow computer to load the stuff we were working on, and she asked if I liked TV. I said I don't watch much TV, and when I do it's usually old cartoons. She asked if I liked Cartoon Network and I was like "Oh, yeah...I like The Powerpuff Girls..." and she was like "No way, I love The Powerpuff Girls! And it's really cool that you'd admit that."
    For some reason, perhaps it's the insularity of old CN to me, I find it weird that you like PPG but hardly care about Dexter.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Announcement: this is page 1400
    PPG is superficially "girlier", which appealed more to a younger me

You know, back when I was stupid and thought superficial girliness was the be-all-end-all of be-all-end-alls
    But Dexter's girly too

It has Pony Puff Princesses.
    Pony Puff Princesses? That's like three of my favorite things in one!
    I wonder if anyone's ever noticed that I have my "Real Name" field on IRC set to "Charlotte".

(Granted, I doubt many people on #yackfest would know/remember who Charlotte is)
  • I remember, but...yeah, that's frickin' old.
  • edited 2012-09-06 02:11:43
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    My sister left her cell phone by the family computer, so I tried playing with it for a bit.

It has a resistive touchscreen.

PURGE IT
    The kind of touchscreen that was popular until, oh, 5-7 years ago, where you have two thin layers and when you push down on it they touch and make electrical contact.

This is a particularly cheap one, so it doesn't work very well at all.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I'm going to bed

Don't you all get upset now

I'll be back in the morning
  • edited 2012-09-06 02:37:45
    “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    ^^ A synthesiser using a resistive touchscreen and an XY-graph representing, say, pitch and waveform with the degree of finger pressure controlling volume would be totally awesome to have.

^ Sleep tight, bitch.

(I mean that with paramount affection.)
    ^^Good night Imi.
    You know, part of me thinks it would be cool to make a Periodic Table of Heapers, but people would just start bitching that I didn't include them
  • must keep pushing. Almost done with essay but I want to give up already.

Why do I only gain writing steam for essays at like 11 or later?
    This is the only intersection I know of that has had traffic lights installed and removed in the 13 years I've been living on Columbus's east side. (Not counting temporary lights, of course.)

Worthington Road is former State Route 161. ODOT installed traffic lights at the Mink Street Rd. intersection back around 2001 or so, because suburban sprawl meant a lot more traffic going up and down 161.

Eventually a new freeway was built for OH 161, which opened in phases between 2008 and 2010. Worthington Road, no longer being a state highway, fell back to county maintenance--and apparently the county didn't see a reason to maintain the traffic lights for the very low volumes of traffic that still use the old the old road, because since that picture was taken the lights have been removed, posts and all, and the intersection is now a two-way stop.
  • Doctor Who reference in Pokemon B2W2? Headcanon accepted.

I used to play this game as a wee one when I had AOL Kids. Oh nostalgia.

This game is a variant of one that has a very long, convoluted, and strange history. 
  • TreTre
    edited 2012-09-06 07:07:07

You know, part of me thinks it would be cool to make a Periodic Table of Heapers, but people would just start bitching that I didn't include them

all the more reason why you should #weexclusivebitchesssss
  • Anonus said:

For some reason, perhaps it's the insularity of old CN to me, I find it weird that you like PPG but hardly care about Dexter.

• You know, part of me thinks it would be cool to make a Periodic Table of Heapers, but people would just start bitching that I didn't include them

There aren't even enough people on this site to fill up a periodic table, though?
    Way too many of these violent, depressing MA-17 shows on TV now
    Well, you know, I'd have to cheat. Make a design with fewer squares...
  • Way too many of these violent, depressing MA-17 shows on TV now

I wouldn't know

/TV-less fags gonna not have TV

• Pippi Longstocking meets Mandy: best crossover idea or best crossover idea?

A battle to last the ages

Yarrun said:

Yarrun said:

Just spent the last hour or so writing/reading about misogyny.

I hate everything now.

Welcome to the misanthropy club, here is your badge. (*Hands misanthropy badge*)

ironically, this means you now hate women as well
    Humph.

It's just that I spent a good amount of time writing a Tumblr post explaining why I, personally, don't use rape in my writing, and I bet that no one's going to read it besides my 13 followers.

And yet I wrote it anyways.
    I'm curious about this. Toss me a link.

In the cast of my work, I have one character (male) who was a victim of sexual violence; I also have another character (female) who is, simply, a sadistic predator. I am well aware of how so many people callously use rape as a plot device, specifically as "this bad thing that happens to women," and it disgusts me, so I try to be careful. The fact that I prefer implication helps this. But I still fear overstepping my boundaries, screwing something up.
    ...alright, but you'd probably be better off looking at the link at the beginning of the post.
    Rape is pretty much the preferred go-to device that everyone uses when they what to show the world what a serious writer they are.  This has precedent from years ago which started with the VERY SPECIAL EPISODE of Archie Bunker where some hooligan attempts to rape his wife. 
  • Way too many of these violent, depressing MA-17 shows on TV now

Are you implying Dexter isn't fucking hilarious a good 70% of the time?

The rest of the 30% are pointless sex scenes, Dexter killing bad guys and (*occasional melo-*)drama.

Of course, it became less funny after Sargent Dokes got killed.

• Rape is pretty much the preferred go-to device that everyone uses when they what to show the world what a serious writer they are.  This has precedent from years ago which started with the VERY SPECIAL EPISODE of Archie Bunker where some hooligan attempts to rape his wife. 

Bleh.
  • Fictional rape is a warped exploitation and parody of the real thing. It is nearly impossible to discuss the subject in fiction.
  • edited 2012-09-06 08:51:54

I have never been fishing on the Susquehanna

or on any river for that matter

to be perfectly honest.

Not in July or any month

have I had the pleasure--if it is a pleasure--

of fishing on the Susquehanna.

I am more likely to be found

in a quiet room like this one--

a painting of a woman on the wall,

a bowl of tangerines on the table--

trying to manufacture the sensation
    of fishing on the Susquehanna.
  • i watched an episode of dexter once

i worked out the entire plot of the episode from the opening 10 seconds and by about 5 minutes in i had correctly guessed who the ice truck killer was

/smug

• well i read the books first
  • this is from a while ago but it's excellent, js

Are you implying Dexter isn't fucking hilarious a good 70% of the time?

I haven't seen a single minute of the show. All I know is it's about a serial killer who kills, serially. Not my cup of tea
  • My uncle is a big fan of that show.

My uncle is a police chief.

man where do you people get your relatives who have cool jobs

all my family members are, like, call center people and shit

except my aunt who's a chemical engineer but that doesn't sound very cool
    what 

chemical engineering is fucking awesome
  • my uncle used to be a world expert on purple

im not sure what that entails but it sounds cool as hell

• Staking time into the gust of wind to the face.

Never returning, favors take the prison to the man.

I could promise the world if we could travel through time.

Don't back out here. Now relax and remember the promise of the sign.

I wish you could see yourself now...you look at me like a child...

The way you glide across the room, it's drama of seduction.

Let go of it, Rapunzel. Let it down.

Aim for the signal then bring it down with a smile... now...

Become the conductor...

The way you slide across the room... how wonderful.

A connection and the last cut still bleeds as good as the first one does.

It's just the opening seed of a new flame.

I look at you like a child but not at all like you looked at me...
  • GRACE IS ALREADY DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAD

daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmmmnnnnnnnnnn
  • Hello, operator... give me NO-MAN'S LAND

Collect call to no one at all

Been yelling into an empty closet to the point of no return (and no deposit)

Fiddlin and watchin while ROME BOINS

A roll of the dice: the WOIM TOINS

Hello, central... give me NO-MAN'S LAND

From a walking waste disposal unit

A transfusion from me'd kill the faint of heart

Alas POOR YORICK... I knew me well but I bin killin ma brain CELL BY CELL

It only takes a bullet to make the WOIM TOIN--an this one's for you...

The toll is belling... the signs is telling

Nose is running... feet are smellin (Foetus Melon)

Currently less than a human wreck

Gimme a BREAK... start at the NECK

I rule my body from the throne of agony

My conscience and constitution's naggin me

Clock up another TRACHEOTOMY

STAB another dagger inna back o' me

The dark gods boint ma evil SOUL

Ma brittle spirit's toint to COAL

I rule my body from the throne of agony

THE THRONE OF AGONY

AGONY

Chalk up another frozen pizza... choke up another thousand marlboros

Anything goes for them ordinary joes

They'll cut off your face to spite your nose

I don't need to touch their toes to know I've already reached my ALL TIME LOW

Pacin' ruts inna carpet

Eatin' up the wallpaper, crawlin' the walls, sick on the ceiling

DEAD IN THE HEAD

Shut the shutters... I shoulda stayed in bed

Complainin bout ma campaign against personal decency

I got no excuses

Just rules wrapped in barbed wire, laced with busted glass

(Yeah, I'm the one who gave the sandwich to Mama Cass)

Stoke up and poke up my funeral pyre

And watch my life flicker before your very eyes

With no commercial breaks... NO BRAKES

NO BRAKES... (kill me baby)

Pour another glass of liquid clear

KING ALCOHOL

Drinkin hard to not remember what I'd just as soon forget

String around the finger... ROPE around the NECK

You always HATE the one you LOVE

Time dies when you're having fun

I'm gonna change ma name... I'm changin' trains... (kill me baby)