The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I used to associate fractions with cooking, and as such thought they would be good to eat.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    ...That is a weird Taco Bell.

You know there is an older Taco Bell near Schrock Road & SR 3 in Westerville that appears largely untouched. Its sign outside even has the 1985 logo.
    I saw one in Michigan (don't remember what part, though) like that.

I think I even took pictures of its signage, too.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I keep wanting to drive over there with a camera, not for the Taco Bell, but to take pictures of the abandoned Lazarus store nearby, and the adjacent empty store where I picture my imaginary thrift store to be located.
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    Fractions like 1/2 and 1/4 are likely tasty.

fractions like 1/image are probably confusing and an acquired taste at best.
    Perhaps "abandoned" wasn't the right word. Vacant. It's a vacant Lazarus store.

Also this is still the best Shell station.
    It's amusing.

...United Artists is in my mind again.
    The funniest part, to me, is that you can clearly see the "M" from the "MARATHON" logo sticking out behind one of the banners.
    DAT SYNTH:

• edited 2011-11-11 04:23:49
    Let me tell you. About Fallen London.

Just had one of those Feferi-esque moments where I thought "LIF-E IS -EXCITING AND I AM -EXCIT-ED". The cause was some combination of reading a good fanfic and shifting position a little to be comfortable.

...Or perhaps this contentment heralded the start of act 6, moments before I became aware of it. 

They're talking about it on IRC.

Buh.
  • Over the past few days, I've started to really gain a love for dubstep

^ Fuck yeah, baby
    Paramount
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    That is my favorite of theirs, I think.

The last version of the 1986 logo isn't bad, either:

That one's not bad. I like the 1981 version since it's on Raiders of the Lost Ark as well as The Wrath of Khan both of which I've seen too many times.
    The 1981 logo actually dates to 1975.
    For some reason I've always liked that the 1975 one fades to a simplified graphic at the end.

I remember the first time I saw it, when I was a kid, it threw me off because I expected the stars to fly in like they do in the 1986 logo.
    Sometimes they'll scrub it and replace it with the 1995 one, like on at least one version of Grease.
    So it seems my roadgeek site is broken.

I could contact the webmaster (he's a friend of my mother's) and ask to fix it, but I hadn't really been using it anyway, so I figure I will just re-upload all my road photos to Flickr or Photobucket (likely the latter, as I know I have more photos than Flickr's limit of 200 for free accounts), and just organize them into albums there.
    1975? Older Than I Thought!
  • i wish to come up with a song lyric for this signature, but no song lyrics are coming to mind
    -takes imi's precious 1975 and places it on the top of a roller coaster-
    > Paramount
    > roller coaster

I immediately thought of Kings Island. Did you put it on top of The Beast?
  • i wish to come up with a song lyric for this signature, but no song lyrics are coming to mind

oh yah

nobody can reach it now

1975 was before I was born, and hence I can't care about it too much.
  • edited 2011-11-11 19:49:51
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I present to you the first of my re-organized road sign albums: My completed Interstate 70 album!

The album is organized with the eastbound photos first and then the westbound photos, because making separate westbound and eastbound albums seemed like overkill.
    ...grocery stores really are fun.

I was in the greeting card aisle and the Disney Princess cards made me think of you.
    Heh.

...Remember that time DYRE made a thread on IJBM about how he saw a picture of Belle and thought it was me?
    The Interstate 71 album is done. Northbound first, then southbound.

That was actually the one that had me worried, since my photos of I-71 are kinda all over the place and it's kinda hard to place them in the right order.
    ^^Yeah.
    I always disliked the sign on the left here.

It's meant to be read as "I-270 SOUTH TO I-70, Wheeling", but it reads as "SOUTH TO I-270/I-70, Wheeling". It has a California-esque "shove everything wherever it fits" look to it.

Also, I go through here frequently with my parents, so I always have to stop myself from taking pictures of that, because I already have multiple photos of it.
    It's badly composed.
    LOG CABINS
    LOG, LOG, IT'S BETTER THAN BAD, IT'S GOOD!
    I remember even my dad laughed at that one.
    Is it hard to make him laugh?
    He has a very particular sense of humor. It has to be in a certain vein, which I'm finding hard to describe. But "Log" was right in the middle of it.
  • edited 2011-11-11 23:01:44
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I tried drawing a "better" version of that sign, but I'm not entirely happy with the spacing and such of it. (It should be a little wider, for starters, and the shields are too tight with "SOUTH TO")

Also, I decided to make a comparison of a few different styles of 3-digit Interstate Highway shields:

• edited 2011-11-11 23:06:48
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    You seem to like the FHWA standards.

...if ABC Inc ever merges with Viacom, I am going to sway them to let me rename ABC Studios to "Paramount Television", who will use an adaptation of my ideal 100th Anniversary movie logo.

There would be three versions.
    1. "Paramount Network Television": Starts by zooming out from atop the silver "Paramount" script, which is already in place above the mountain, with the stars. The line that would have "A VIACOM COMPANY" under it now has "PARAMOUNT NETWORK TELEVISION" under it. The sky is a purplish-blue.
    2. "Paramount Cable Television": Same as above, except the sky is orange and it says "PARAMOUNT CABLE TELEVISION".
    3. "Paramount Domestic Television": Brighter blue sky, reads "PARAMOUNT DOMESTIC TELEVISION".
    The 1987 TV logo's music would be revived, maybe a bit re-orchestrated.
    I see your obsession has moved on to Paramount now.
    You seem to like the FHWA standards.
    Actually, the main reason I use that one as much as I do is that it's the standard 3-digit-Interstate template found on Wikipedia, and I haven't bothered to make other ones yet.

(I keep meaning to mock-up a Series B template for when I replicate ODOT-style signs, but I never do)
    The environment the mountain is in would be a reconstruction of the 1950s Paramount logo, which was, notably, never adapted for TV, to my knowledge.

There is a river, along with the trees, as a nod to the 1986 logo's lake.
    ABC Inc is gonna keep moving along, maybe merge with CA Marketplace.
    Where exactly does my chain of cheaply run grocery stores fit into this media empire?
    The combination of mass-media and retail gives ABC Inc a platform to promote its products, and CA Marketplace a platform to promote its services!

Ooh, it works!

Would we get to sell foods with packaging based on licensed ABC Inc properties?

You could sell Binford-branded tools, but those aren't food.

...we own The Disney Afternoon, you could have Darkwing Duck-branded cereal!
    Well you know, we do have a hypermarket chain, even though I've forgotten what I called it, so tools will work too!
    CA Supermart or The Andersons, IIRC.

Ooh, during NFL/college football season you could reduce prices on snack foods! (We'd tie it in with ESPN, you know!)
    ...the 1986 Paramount mountain probably tastes like chocolate.