The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Me either.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Something about them.

They seem past their prime, trading on their famous name.
    Parts of it.
    Yes, it is. They haven't been a major studio since at least the 70s (when Kirk Kerkorian outsourced their distribution to eventual corporate sibling/sub-brand United Artists and slashed the studio's budget.).
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I never liked the roaring lion.

There, I said it.

I like the Paramount mountain.
  • edited 2011-11-09 01:46:33
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I prefer UA's "UA" monogram to the gold-ribboned lion. Weirdly, they made the ribbons gold full-time after Kerkorian bought MGM back from Turner (who had just stripped the studio of its library, which included The Wizard of Oz and the Tom and Jerry cartoons).

I prefer the 1950s Paramount logo to any before or after it.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    My liking for the Paramount logo probably has to do with its (slightly gimmicky) appearance at the beginning of every Indiana Jones movie.
    My favorite movie logos are Warner Bros. and Universal. Weirdly, I'm not sure what version of Uni's is my favorite. Probably the 1991 version.
    It's the detail in the background, to me.
    ...I wonder what Paramount will do next year.

They turn 100, as does Universal.
  • edited 2011-11-09 02:13:14
    READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    I hope "Highlander like 'There can be ONLY one!'" battle between the media giants is the answer to THAT question. 
  • edited 2011-11-09 02:15:02
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Ooh! Time Warner vs. News Corporation vs. The Walt Disney Company vs. Viacom vs. CBS Corporation vs. NBCUniversal?
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    my money's on disney
    Touchstone has been brutally beaten by Disney, because Michael Bay left them for Paramount.
    It's Disney's other brand, so they don't face persecution for daring to be un-family-friendly.

They use it less lately, though.
    I used to want to acquire portions of Disney's theatrical films.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    You should acquire the Disney Princesses and rename them the Alice [Lastname] Princesses!
    Disney makes too much money off of them.
    We'll just have to cast a spell on the Disney officials to make them believe the Princess franchise is worthless.
    With unicorn magic?
    Heapers' Playground
    4:00 pm - 4:30 pm
    179 HUB

Hay, Ven!; Stormy Weather Family/Children. (2011) Hilarity ensues when Haven and Venhax are finally seen in the same room; CA's friendship with AU is put to the test when her cat shreds KMGH's news set. (CC) (Stereo)

Episode: 15
    Original Air Date: 02-23-2011
    ...what about the other episodes?
    They're airing them out of order, for some reason.

I blame bunnies.
    The same bunnies that caused TV Tropes's parser to die on December 17, 2010?
    You remember the exact date? You're awesome.
    ...now that ABC Inc doesn't want Summit Entertainment anymore, it mulls over film libraries.

Maybe Overture Films?
    They own anything notable?
    They existed for a few years. The only things I can name off the top of my head are Capitalism: A Love Story, Last Chance Harvey, and The Men Who Stare At Goats.
  • Heapers' Playground

Hehe. Now I have the muppet babies song in my head.

2-23-2011 sounds like it should be significant, but I can't place it. My heapfu is weak.

MGM.
    GMG.
  • I've always found it hard to shitpost.

I dunno why. I have to force myself to make non-serious posts. Ironically, when I'm with my friends IRL, I am the least serious bastard alive

...weird, I used to love shitposting, now I don't think I do it that much, aside from here.
  • edited 2011-11-09 17:42:59

Heh. People are mysterious creatures.

If only this forum wasn't blocked at my school. They block all Vanilla forums.

Anyway, I wonder how long it will take for someone to correctly guess who I am.

EDIT: Okay, I've been typing in incredibly strange ways all day. The above 3 sentences just look ridiculously stilted....

annebeeche?