The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• nana nana nana nana nana nana nana nana

BATMAN
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Tre said:

How funny, you got yours just as I switched my iPod's system font to Roboto.

It's so Android-y.

You know what's funny? It took me until just now to realize that "Roboto" is a play on the name "Android".
  • gonna go see batman!

yaaaay

I envy you
  • Yeah, they had to name it that since they already named the old blobby font they used in the clock in older versions of the OS "Android".

Roboto's very fancy looking. It's certainly not as ubiquitous as Helvetica, so I like it for that already. (And it's open source!)
  • Doctor Who reference in Pokemon B2W2? Headcanon accepted.

Imi btw do you know the name of the artist who drew your avatar, his work is interesting and I want to see if danbooru has him cataloged

Apparently, whoever it is goes by "tomato kandume"
    thank you good sir
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    anytime, corporal

Not allowed to sip juice???

Apparently, sipping the sugary, acidic juice is eroding my teeth. I have to drink it in one go. So, I guess I'll have to drink juice as if it is a shot of alcohol.
    CHUG IT
    I now have the smell of gasoline on my fingers.
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis

I remember this comic. Because I ruined it, with my brain. As I do:

ick
  • Never be with0ut a Hat!
    (2010 self)
    Yo.

Got bitten by a grasshopper.
  • edited 2012-08-03 16:59:16

I now have the smell of gasoline on my fingers.

I'm a little jealous. Of you, not so much the gasoline smell.

Okay, maybe I'm a little jealous of the gasoline smell.

^How did that happen?
  • ^ ^ ^ ^ That was perfect.
    how do you get bitten by a grasshopper

are you sure it wasn't a mormon cricket or potato bug or whatever those demonic things are called we had to put up with in infantry training, because those monsters do bite
  • edited 2012-08-03 17:03:35
    Never be with0ut a Hat!
    (2010 self)
    It jumped on my hand when I was walking around outside.  I jumped out of shock, and that apparently startled it.  Those things have surprisingly large mouths for their size.

^ Maybe it was a mormon cricket, It seemed really big for a grasshopper, and I know we have Mormon crickets around the front yard.
  • There exists a movie called A Nymphoid Barbarian in Dinosaur Hell.
  • I have to question how in all that is fucking holy do the search engines for Youtube work if I can type in Simpsons and get Harry potter.

Like honestly, Google and Youtube search functions are showing their age, makes me think they're being armed by a legion of monkeys.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I put in "Simpsons" and there's no Harry Potter, even four pages in.

There exists a movie called A Nymphoid Barbarian in Dinosaur Hell.

Sounds great!
    A literally reality-defining discovery, and they were whining about the Comic Sans font. You couldn't miss the scientific point more painfully if you assumed Erinaceidae were spheres.  
    It would be cruel to say that they picked on the font because it was the only part of the presentation they understood, so I'll say that, because that's exactly what happened. The scientists had just used a machine that makes the Saturn V moon rocket look like a sparkler to interrogate reality itself, and these dumbasses were trying to look superior because they prefer letters with curly bits at the ends.

(2010 self)
    But fonts are important. 

Anybody who is so concerned about the opinions of pedants is likely a pedant.  Complaining about complaining you do not like. 
  • A literally reality-defining discovery, and they were whining about the Comic Sans font. You couldn't miss the scientific point more painfully if you assumed Erinaceidae were spheres.  
    It would be cruel to say that they picked on the font because it was the only part of the presentation they understood, so I'll say that, because that's exactly what happened. The scientists had just used a machine that makes the Saturn V moon rocket look like a sparkler to interrogate reality itself, and these dumbasses were trying to look superior because they prefer letters with curly bits at the ends.

I read this earlier, and honestly I agreed with that, but didn't post as such here because half of this forum is really into fonts, so...

But fonts are important.

"Scientists" and "People with Graphic Design Training" are not two groups that overlap much.
    Yeah, I thought about that too, but I haven't been given the impression that anyone here are anything like the ones presented in that article
    (2010 self)
    Look, nobody has the right to mock other people for caring about things.  If somebody puts effort into actually caring about something, then those who have put no effort into caring about said thing are not in a position to define whether something is worth caring about. 

Even if something has no meaning to you, then you are in no position to say whether it should have meaning to others.
  • Anonus said:

I put in "Simpsons" and there's no Harry Potter, even four pages in.

I was looking for a specific scene, the scene had the word "Them" in it :(
  • edited 2012-08-03 18:15:46
    Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Much as I hate Comic Sans, I agree that was really missing the point.
  • Here's what I typed.

Simpsons thems fighting words

Here's what I get

Spongebob' Sex Box
    Also, the normal rectal temperature of a hummingbird is 104.6 F.
    Cynical clock: the phrase you're looking for is 

"Let's fight.    

Them's fightin' words."

I think it's the episode where Homer discovers Fudd or Lurlene the country singer
  • Look, nobody has the right to mock other people for caring about things.  If somebody puts effort into actually caring about something, then those who have put no effort into caring about said thing are not in a position to define whether something is worth caring about.  

Did I say that I didn't think they had the right to care?

I certainly think they do. I just think it shows a case of misplaced priorities in this particular instance. You really like putting words in my mouth, you know that?

• Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    Clock: I tried typing that in myself just now. Among other things, I got a video of a Pokémon Wifi Battle, a political vlog, and a song by The Killing Tree called "Them's Fighting Words."

I think the scene in question may not actually be on YouTube, hence the weird results.
  • That did cross my mind, but why Spongebob Sex box?
    great, now we're never going to hear the end of this from the linux crowd
  • Using high-end hardware

I guarantee that no one will read this particular part of the article.

• edited 2012-08-03 18:41:30
    Never be with0ut a Hat!
    (2010 self)
    Super Lazuli: I put words in your mouth because that is what reasonable people do.  It is a standard practice of arguing. 

Intelligent, reasonable people do not like to be on the receiving end of the strategies they use to devalue the opinions of the foolish and unreasonable.

• I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    ...really, Aliroz?
  • I'm a loser. Also, Creeper. And a woman.
    No, that's what bad people do. Purposely misrepresenting something to prove a point. Sounds similar to a strawman, really.(key term being similar)
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Or that it's not just Linux that's faster, but OpenGL in general.
  • Super Lazuli: I put words in your mouth because that is what reasonable people do.  It is a standard practice of arguing. 

Intelligent, reasonable people do not like to be on the receiving end of the strategies they use to devalue the opinions of the foolish and unreasonable.

Nice whitetext, bro.

Also, I am really not willing to argue about fonts with you, to be quite honest.

• edited 2012-08-03 18:51:27
    i wish to come up with a song lyric for this signature, but no song lyrics are coming to mind

So I just got back from seeing The Dark Knight Rises.

it was amazing

• edited 2012-08-03 18:55:29
    Never be with0ut a Hat!
    (2010 self)
    Nobody ever had an issue with people purposely misrepresenting things to make a point before.  Deathpigeon did it, Hungry Joe did it, most of the tropers in OTC do it, nobody bats an eyelash.  Fine, Lazuli.  Avoid an argument that you might actually lose for once.
    SECRET MESSAGE
  • ^^Dude have you maybe considered that the best response to any percieved slight against you is to do something other than have a combination emotional breakdown persecution complex outburst? Calm down dude, I don't even really care about this that much, and you really should not either because I am fully content to let you believe whatever you want to believe. 

But no, you have to be seen as the poor persecuted angel or something. Stop it, dude, for the love of God. This is not worth flipping out over, and frankly you doing all this is way more annoying to me than any font elitist could ever be.

Fine, Lazuli. Avoid an argument that you might actually lose for once.

Ooh, real clever buddy. Well at least now I know to always highlight your posts.

Really? This is what you have to say as a defense? Accusing me of being a coward?

Yes, it's clearly that and not that I have a quintillion things I'd rather do than argue about fonts. This is why I don't go to TVTropes anymore, because half the time every two bit with an opinion wants to argue about *something* and it's usually something stupid.

• i wish to come up with a song lyric for this signature, but no song lyrics are coming to mind

SECRET MESSAGE

i saw that
    that was because it was meant for you, futureSpacey. You see future events such as these will (prolly) affect you in the future
  • Future events only affect me in the past.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    <mod hat on>

ATC: Consider this a formal warning: Knock it off with the passive-aggressive behavior and the personal attacks. OTC IS NOT a model of good behavior, and if you continue to behave like it is, there will be consequences.

<mod hat off>