The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• Imi: That's about the lady with big thumbs?
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    JZ: "purCHASE" made me giggle, for some reason
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    The episode is "Ice Sore".
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Yes. Big thumbs.

It also informs me that the first amoeba is still alive, somewhere...
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Also I must be off to slumberland

Night everypony
  • edited 2012-06-29 23:35:28
    Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    JZ: That's good to hear. Hope you have a safe trip!

Imi: That reminds me of a cheesy-looking trailer I saw once. It was about a pack of piranhas imprisoned at the bottom of a lake for millions of years being released and presumably nomming on the local swimmers.
    Good night Imi.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Fuck, our power is flickering again...
    :(

Hopefully it doesn't go out.
  • edited 2012-06-30 00:07:17
    :|
    I'm out of the mobile site. How did that happen?
  • Anonus said:

Watching Cartoon Planet.

Camp Lazlo is very SpongeBob-like...weird how Joe Murray went from Rocko to this.

That's mostly because they use the same stock music.
    I like the Golden Books-like backgrounds and Rocko-like character design but it's not the best cartoon.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Wow, this is bad:
    Northern Virginia Area Customers Served: 831,912 Customers Out: 461,724
    This is gonna be a long night. :/
    Also, before this storm came though, it was really hot here. When I left the office around 5:30, the outside temperature gauge on the Prius read 106°F...that's hotter here on the east coast than it was in Arizona. :P
    You have a Prius?

I'd hate that temperature too.
    Yeah, I've had a Prius since late 2009.
  • edited 2012-06-30 00:26:01
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    *puts on badge that says "Leader"*

Alright, everypony. Lee's in the dark, as is half of Northern Virginia apparently, so it's time we came together as a group to entertain him!

Here's what we're going to do: SCARY STORIES! Each of us tells one part of the story, then the next poster adds onto it. I'll start:

Sheldonville was a small town, with only a few hundred residents. For many years, most of those residents had been employed by the town's massive coal-burning power plant. That was a long time ago, however, and now the plant had been closed many years. Sheldonville was dying, and its residents worried the town didn't have a future.

But things were about to change. Capital Cities Industries had chosen Sheldonville--specifically the old power plant site--as the location for their newest amusement park, which would bring thousands of tourists through the old little town. But that was still at least a decade off...

Which brings us to June of 2012, when a man named Marshall Fields was chosen by Capital Cities to come survey the Sheldonville area. He will be in the area long term, so he's moved there with his wife and daughter...
    Nobody wants to tell scary stories, eh.

Fine then, how should we entertain Lee?
  • Doctor Who reference in Pokemon B2W2? Headcanon accepted.
    The most frightening nightmares I've ever had went along the same lines as Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil, but I'm saving that for a comic one day

I think

Well what happens next, CA?
    I don't know, the whole point was that someone else would figure out what happened next! The idea is that instead of becoming genuinely scary it becomes silly and incoherent as each person takes the story and runs in a different direction with it.

Quick, somepony ask Siri where the nearest onion farm is.
    Siri, Inc. had announced that their software would be available for BlackBerry and for Android-powered phones, but all development efforts for non-Apple platforms were cancelled after the acquisition by Apple.[4]
    Well fuck you too, Apple.
  • Imi: That reminds me of a cheesy-looking trailer I saw once. It was about a pack of piranhas imprisoned at the bottom of a lake for millions of years being released and presumably nomming on the local swimmers.
    That's Piranha 3D, I believe, which got a special TV version called Piranha 3DD. No, I'm not making that bit up.
  • The sadness will last forever.
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzcccccccccc
  • TreTre
    edited 2012-06-30 02:23:23
    Ratburn is such an unfortunate last name.
    I want to recreate this sign in Inkscape, but I couldn't find a standard design diagram for it, so I measured it myself:

...Granted, that's based on my guess that the sign's 30 inches tall, based on the size I know similar signs to be, so my measurements may be a little off, but they should be good enough to mock up recreation in Inkscape.
    And here is said recreation:

...seems like I made that more complicated than it needed to be, for what's just basically a rectangle with text on it.
  • dude

I've been listening to Spotify all night

and it is amazing
  • Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
    Goad Moaning
    hi
    Hi Wind Fish.
  • I kind of want to start a 3.5 D&D campaign.

But how.

i had a shitty day

going to bed soon
    bed time for me
  • maybe I'm just easily impressed, but I'm reading a D&D 3.5 book and absolutely all of these prestige classes are striking me as totally fucking awesome.

Look at this, emphasis mine.

'Infinite Variety (Su): At 10th level, a master transmogrifist gains the ability to create completely imaginary forms when he casts polymorph, polymorph any object, or shapechange on himself. To create an imaginary form, he chooses one of his favored shapes as a base form. He can then choose a single
    aspect of a second monster whose form he could assume using the spell he is casting and add it to the first creature. His available options include the following.
    • Replace the base form’s natural armor bonus with that of
    the second form.
    • Add the second form’s movement modes.
    • Add one of the second form’s natural attack types (with
    the appropriate reach), if the base form doesn’t have that
    attack type already.
    • Add an extraordinary special attack of the second form.
    • Add an extraordinary special quality of the second form.
    • Replace one of the base form’s physical ability scores, if
    both the base form and the second form are the same size
    category.
    For example, if a young red dragon is the base form and a giant
    octopus is the second, a master transmogrifi st could add the
    octopus’s eight tentacle rakes (damage 1d4 + Str bonus) to the
    dragon’s available natural attacks."

dracopus

• Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.

Okay, I'm going to bed.

Flying home in the morning. Bye. 

I'm not editing this guy's comments anymore. He just keeps doing this out of nowhere

• Maybe he's doing this pre-emptively?..

SHUT UP ABOUT THE GODDAMN MARINES FORSYTHE. I KNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEW YOU WERE GOING TO MENTION THEM.
  • Maybe he thinks ASCII is some kind of military jargon.
    I don't know. Another time in a conversation about food with another friend of mine from the armed services, he butts in calling us baby killers.  Mind you this particular fellow (yes, same guys) enlisted in the Army a while back.

No idea. But Platform Masters is going to be awesome

• i wish to come up with a song lyric for this signature, but no song lyrics are coming to mind
    Greetings, my friend. We are all interested in the future, for that is where you and I are going to spend the rest of our lives. And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future. You are interested in the unknown... the mysterious. The unexplainable. That is why you are here. And now, for the first time, we are bringing to you, the full story of what happened on that fateful day. We are bringing you all the evidence, based only on the secret testimony, of the miserable souls, who survived this terrifying ordeal. The incidents, the places. My friend, we cannot keep this a secret any longer. Let us punish the guilty. Let us reward the innocent. My friend, can your heart stand the shocking facts about grave robbers from outer space?
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis

I don't know. Another time in a conversation about food with another friend of mine from the armed services, he butts in calling us baby killers.  Mind you this particular fellow (yes, same guys) enlisted in the Army a while back.

• How is babby killed?
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    They need to do way instain mother> who kill thier babbys. becuse these babby cant frigth back? it was on the news this mroing a mother in ar who had kill her three kids. they are taking the three babby back to new york too lady to rest my pary are with the father who lost his children ; i am truley sorry for your lots