The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• Doctor Who reference in Pokemon B2W2? Headcanon accepted.

Tomorrow's high: 101F.

"101" is a U.S. Route. Or a quantity of Dalmatians. It sure as hell isn't a temperature. >:(

(cue everyone from hotter parts of the country mocking me)
    Nothing beats ripping up the US 101 in LA at 3am doing 120mph in an old muscle car. Nothing.
  • edited 2012-06-27 17:12:50
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    @ Wind Fish: I dunno, I think it gets as hot as it needs to be.  I just wish it would do so more often.
  • The sadness will last forever.
    FUCK YEAH SCOTLAND
    no true scotsman hates warm weather
  • Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
    @ Wind Fish: I dunno, I think it gets as hot as it needs to be.  I just wish it would do so more often.
    How hot does it get where you live Fouria?
  • edited 2012-06-27 17:28:35
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    I don't know the average.  Tomorrow's high is forecast as 73 degrees, which is really quite warm around here.  It's going to be wet, though.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    ...I wish it were 73 around here!
    62 degrees F here tomorrow.
  • i wish to come up with a song lyric for this signature, but no song lyrics are coming to mind

here the weather's nice and the scenery's greener-y

-rubs it in everyone's face-

I forgot to water my flowers yesterday and they now look damn near dead for it

101F heat continuing for the rest of the week
    What is so funny about the name "Cockermouth"? :p
    Goad Night.
  • i wish to come up with a song lyric for this signature, but no song lyrics are coming to mind

What is so funny about the name "Cockermouth"? :p

hee hee, you said "mouth"

GN whale.

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    The Central Ohio Transit Authority workers are threatening to strike just in time for the "Red, White, and Boom!" holiday event.

This union sure knows how to hit below the belt. -_-
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    Good night, Wind Fish.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Good night Wind Fish.

let's get down to business

to defeat

the huns

did they send me heapers

when i asked

for nuns

• The coaxial cable broke, so I went out and bought a new one. I come home and not only is mom sleeping in my bed, but shes like sideways and diagonal and taking up the whole thing.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    ...why is she in your bed?
  • As much as I'm glad to be doing volunteer work, I wish people would pay me for being the marvelous motherfucker that I am.
  • I'm a loser. Also, Creeper. And a woman.
    JZ: I'd pay you. ;)
  • ^I would take that offer, but you ended that with a winking smilie. I know from Stranger Danger 101 that if anyone winks at you (even your cat) you must immediately vacate the premises and hide under your bed.
    lol

It's a joke. But seriously, I'd totally hire you if I could. I mean, after an interview.
    You know your mall is dying when...

DSC_0075
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • You know your mall is dying when...

DSC_0075
    what am I looking at here CA
    A frickin' Kmart as the anchor of an enclosed mall, that's what.
  • edited 2012-06-27 19:28:11
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Anonus said:

...why is she in your bed?

Air Conditioning.
    You have air conditioning?

*is jealous*

unspeakable things

so you'll give us a sandwich, then take it away and eat it right before our very eyes? you monster! :o

• Irene: I know :P

My biggest issue is that I'm not super experienced in the workforce...so I can't get hired and get experience.
    Well, a good work ethic as is helps. So does a degree.

What areas are you good in?
    Whoa, JZ, I had the exact same problem. I'd go to the interviews and they'd be all "Tell me about your work experience" and I'd be all "um...I don't have any, but I'm a quick learner...?"

So I did some volunteering and then tried to make that sound like I actually did something.
  • oh that was gold.

Anyway, how is everyone?

• edited 2012-06-27 19:44:34
    I'm generally okay with people I guess, if it's on business terms (unless people expect me to create lasting bonds with my co-workers, then that's another case). I guess I'm friendly enough. Also, I'm in decent shape, so I can/am willing to do physical labor. And things that involve writing of some sort.

CA: Yeah "quick/willing to learn" so something I say a lot. Also a reason I'm volunteering; to say I actually have experience in stuff.
    Sounds like you should be fine. Go for a low-end job. Did you take, say, any cooking classes? Do you have decent skills in stuff like sweeping/mopping and other cleaning?(they work wonders for Restaurants)
  • Irene: I do have non-professional cooking experience since I cooked for myself a lot last year and had to cook sometimes for family meals in high school. Plus, I've had to do cleaning at my old job. I've been trying for low-end work. Of course, where I live Idaho is not that great of an area and not doing too well.
    Well, I hope it goes well overall. It's hard these days, unfortunately. :/
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    Whoa, JZ, I had the exact same problem. I'd go to the interviews and they'd be all "Tell me about your work experience" and I'd be all "um...I don't have any, but I'm a quick learner...?"

So I did some volunteering and then tried to make that sound like I actually did something.
    I got my first job because a buddy of mine worked there and he encouraged the manager to pick me.

The manager still interviewed me, but hired me once he saw I had the mental capacity for working at a movie theatre.

Second job was a Holiday job and they kept me on because I worked hella harder than any of the other Holiday workers.
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    *Thinks whomever first compared a web-site to a country should be shot, you needed to know this.*
    ...Does anyone remember when Kmart offered "BlueLight" brand dial-up internet service? IIRC it was free and supported by banner ads, just like NetZero was at the time.

I SWEAR I'm not making this up.

suuuuuuuuuuuure you're not. -condescends-
  • edited 2012-06-27 20:42:28
    :|

...Does anyone remember when Kmart offered "BlueLight" brand dial-up internet service? IIRC it was free and supported by banner ads, just like NetZero was at the time.

There was a computer brand called Free-PC.com that tried that with desktops - giving away free computers that were supported by ads surrounding the desktop. Just like Netzero, they recorded your browsing history and what software you used.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    If James Joyce were still alive he'd be 130