The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• edited 2011-10-07 23:58:13
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I didn't, but now that you've mentioned it I kinda do.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    The logo for Columbia Showcase Theater depicts it as above a body of water.
  • edited 2011-10-08 00:12:40
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I never imagined it as a body of water. I always imagined it was on some sort of mountain or hill, overlooking a Greek or Roman city below.

^ Can't hotlink TVT
    I keep picturing KMGH's building without the clock outside.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I always liked seeing clocks on buildings.

...I imagine this doesn't surprise you.
    I'm not sure when their O&O counterpart should have adopted the Circle 7.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I kinda remember that.

My mother used to drink Diet Coke a lot back then. These days she prefers Diet Pepsi.
    I think Mother switched to something else. Pepsi Max?
  • Living tissue over endoskeleton.
    I met Chris Hastings, you know.

I told him I was a moderator for the McNinja forums. He shook my hand. It's true.
    Are the McNinja forums hosted on the site itself?
  • D'aww, young Twilight so is cute.
  • Oh snap

Idler is here!
  • RAISE THE ALARM!

Hi Clockles.
  • Journal entry -- 05-12-65

My access to the Chronos Project, like everything that happens in God's world, is no accident. With the help of the Brotherhood's additional technology, tomorrow I will turn time viewing into true time travel. And I will see the Son there with his fishermen, by the sea. There will be proof at last.

As the transport energy bled off him in blue electric crackles, the time traveler glanced around wild-eyed. Ecstatic with hope and expectation, he spotted the group of ragged-looking men and the one who was their master, only meters away. The coordinates had proved out. Surely, he thought, this too was Providence at work.

"My Lord! My Lord!" he cried, as he rushed forward.

Andrew, brother of Simon saw it first. A pale-faced demon that appeared from a ball of hellfire. It screamed at them in a language that must have existed before Babel. But Rebbe Yeshua's courage braced the spines of his followers. Taking his quick action as their example, they reached down and filled their hands too.

John 4:46-48

Jesus came therefore again to Galilee, to a place by the sea called Mylort, after the name of the demon who dwelt there, and Jesus took his disciples to that place, and they were sore afraid. "Why be ye afraid," he asked them, "Do ye not know that the Son of Man has dominion over demons also?" And the demon Mylort came before them in the form of a man, and the disciples took up stones, and drove the demon from a high cliff to drown in the sea.
  • i wish to come up with a song lyric for this signature, but no song lyrics are coming to mind
    loltimetravel
    SPACEMEN
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I hate laziness.
    Me too... >_>
    Brand New (16 new)
    Well, I suppose it's time to binge these now before that backlog gets any longer...
    Going to the newly-renovated Target nearby just makes me miss Target Greatland.
    I haven't been to the old Target Greatland/present plain Target in Aurora yet.
    ...Is it weird that I associate as much sentimental value to the now-closed Greatland store as I do?

My family would go there almost every weekend for several years.
    Not to me.
    I kind of want to go back to the Tampa Bay Area.
    I've never been to Florida.
    My grandparents had a nice vacation house in Bradenton. They've since moved.
    I went to King Soopers today, and didn't take pictures.

Wendy's somehow managed to serve terrible food, and also removed the "maze" leading up to the counter.
    The renovation of the nearby Meijer is just about done.

It is fairly nice, for the most part. There are some decisions I question, but they seem to come down to limitations of the existing layout of the building.
    Like what?

The dairy section move?
    Well, to name one, they added a family restroom near the front, but the family restroom is inside the store itself while the other "front" restrooms are in the little entry area between the exterior entrance doors and the interior doors.

I imagine if they had built the store today, they would have put the family restroom and the other restrooms actually inside the store, but they were constrained to the existing location of the restrooms.

...I never did figure out the dairy thing.
    The restroom thing sounds like the Meijer in Monroe on Telegraph (?) Road.
    ...Also I remember that the night Dad and I went there after coming home from Georgia was the last night they had the dairy section walled off. When Mother and I went the next day it was open again, but still empty.
  • I had a slight crush on a girl from Florida once.

YNTKT
  • I once visited Florida

• I dated a guy whose last name was Florida.
  • i wish to come up with a song lyric for this signature, but no song lyrics are coming to mind
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I've been to Florida. Actually, I'm due back there next year but kinda don't want to bother going.