The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• say my name and you can say it with honour
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • So Channing Tatum just followed my sister on Twitter.

My sister must be popular or something.
  • I hate it when a comment I make gets put at the end of a page cuz then I never know if anyone saw it and can never think of a good way to ask.

Tre said:

So Channing Tatum just followed my sister on Twitter.

My sister must be popular or something.

who
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    It bothers me that the commenters on Brand New aren't outraged about the name "Mondelez" being chosen through a contest like they were about the 2011 JCPenney logo.

The implication seems to be that logo design requires a certain amount of thought and expertise while naming the whole damn company does not, which strikes me as dumb. When JCP chose their logo through a contest, BN was all "they're making a mockery of designers! They should have paid a design team to rebrand them!"--and they had a point. But when it's marketing being shafted instead of their own field of branding/design? Nobody gives a fuck, apparently.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

I hate it when a comment I make gets put at the end of a page cuz then I never know if anyone saw it and can never think of a good way to ask.

Odds are it's a "no"--there's a long-standing bug where Vanilla skips over the last post on a page if there are posts after it.
  • Jak & Daxter is fun.

I dunno why but I have always loved platformers, even the kind of primitive 3D ones from the PSX era. I never seemed to enjoy shooters that much until recently when I took up Brink.

Maybe I'm just that odd teenage boy who doesn't find joy in being shot up by campers and exploding people's heads like they're Fist of the North Star mooks.
  • TreTre
    edited 2012-06-02 22:03:47
    @Lazzy: He's that guy from the 21 Jump Street movie remake and the GI Joe movies.

She's been a fan girl of his for years now.
  • Screw it I'll just repost it.

Adventures in Low Fidelity Vol. 2

The Last Sunrise

• Samples:
          • "Green Manors" - Miklos Rozsa
          • "Splendored Thing" - Enoch Light
          • "Mighty Diamonds Selection (Live)" - Diamonds & Yellowman
          • "Flight From Ashiya" - Tangerine Dream

Six Miles Out From Schuylkill

• Samples:
          • "Gravity Lane" - Bela Fleck & The Flecktones
          • "Angel Eyes" - Bob Trimble
          • "Nebraska" - Bruce Springsteen

Cold Island / Shoreline of the Far Country (Remix)

• Samples ("Cold Island")
          • "Golden Gate Love" - George Husak
          • "Jour Et Nuit" - Christopher Bisonette
          • "Kettle Drum #8" - sample pack
          • Samples ("Shoreline of the Far Country (Remix)
          • "La vie en Rose" - Edith Piaf
          • "Golden Gate Love" - George Husak
          • "Deshabilez Moi" - Juliette Greco
          • "Dark Star" - The Grateful Dead
          • "Drum Rock" - Lee "Scratch" Perry

so far so good. I'd say the concept has deviated quite a bit though. It's now more a combination of trippiness, beach music (think Jimmy Buffet), and a sort of subtle melancholia. The beats are still strong though.

I have a cover idea, too.

• I like platformers and music games, especially Rock Band and DJ Hero. I've also had a sweet spot for third-person shooters like Infamous and Warhawk for a while, and Mirror's Edge and Brink helped make me like FPSes better.
  • TreTre
    edited 2012-06-02 22:09:47
    What would you like the cover to look like? If you can make it, go ahead, but I can do it too.

Also: "Schuylkill"? I'm getting Maniac Magee flashbacks.
  • Schuylkill (pronounced "Skookle") is a town not far from here.

As for the cover, I'm not yet sure. A picture of a beach should be involved--an old one if possible--and I'm thinking nice big block letters like the ones on D76's cover (I still haven't listened to it yet, bandcamp's downloader just will not work on this thing. Luckily I should be getting my regular 'net back sometime this coming week) but perhaps a bright turquoise. What would be really awesome is if you could somehow make it look like an old, faded photograph.

Could you do something like that? 

[you should probably start work on it soonish if you want to make it, just so I can give you feedback]

• I'll do it as soon as I get home.

I think I'll play with the tape motif we started with Volume One, too, if that's alright with you.
  • I'll do it as soon as I get home.
    I think I'll play with the tape motif we started with Volume One, too, if that's alright with you.

If I could make a suggestion, you could make the actual cover the photograph, and put the tape on a table next to the photo, or something.

I'd prefer real pictures in this one though.

• Lumine said:

6 hours a day, every day, is 25% of your life. :o It kind of frightens me now that someone would spend 25% of their life in front of TV, whether it is for sincere enjoyment or the ironic cynicism this essay is talking about.

Everything sounds like that if you average it out and take it as a percentage. You also spend about 3% of your life putting on and taking off clothing according to some sources. And upwards of 30% asleep.

At least most people who watch television sort of enjoy it.

• edited 2012-06-02 22:21:43
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • That would indeed be the case if those numbers were even close to accurate.

Don't try to do that to your daily activities, it'll depress the hell out of you, trust me.

• edited 2012-06-02 22:28:41
    Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Lumine said:

I suspect this essay was written before the advent of computers and video games and the like? It has yet to mention these things, though they seem relevant.

1993. Video games and computers existed for sure, but the internet hadn't taken off yet.

Y'know, people talk about the 'net having changed society and yadda yadda, but to a large extent I think that's a great exaggeration. Culturally, things are quite similar to the way they were in the years just before the web got big. In my humble opinion of course.
  • edited 2012-06-02 22:30:01
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Let's come up with the most useless road signs we can think of!

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    NO AUTOMOBILES

NEXT 666 MILES
  • I am so cool right now. Dark blue Hawai'ian shirt, burnt orange t-shirt, red pajamas, white earbuds.

FUCKYEA

#DontGiveAFuck

#BasedFashion

NEXT 17 MILES

NEXT 17 MILES
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    SPEED BUMP 50 FT BEHIND
  • i wish to come up with a song lyric for this signature, but no song lyrics are coming to mind
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
  • edited 2012-06-02 22:54:29
    Touch the cow. Do it now.
    "TAILS"
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    PROWER
    So I have it in my head that Ohio Route 750 isn't a "true" state route because most of it wasn't part of any state highway until the 750 designation was extended in the 1990s.

This is dumb.
  • I wonder if there are people who hate on roadsigns.
    Fuck road signs, I go where I want to.

Good night everyone.
    Night Imi.
  • i wish to come up with a song lyric for this signature, but no song lyrics are coming to mind

'Night, Imi.

...SO WHO WANTS CAKE

why did i think this was funny
  • The sadness will last forever.
    bb
  • edited 2012-06-02 23:19:14
    Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    Night, Imi.

That cake Tre Spacey posted actually looks pretty tasty.

That cake Tre posted actually looks pretty tasty.

?!?

Because Imi and Anonus amused me.
  • The sadness will last forever.
    mmmmmmmm cake
  • edited 2012-06-02 23:19:31
    Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    Hmm? (looks at cake post) Pfft-AHAHAHAHA!

How did I get that mixed up? Sorry, Spacey. I shall correct my error posthaste.