The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• yuuuuuuuuriiiiiiii
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Alice in Wonderland

Next Right
  • The sadness will last forever.
    MEOW!
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    WAS IT EATEN BY THE CATS
  • That feel when you wonder why there is nothing but Homestuck talk in the Trash Heap, only to realize that you actually clicked on the Homestuck Heap.

Also, The Avengers seemed to have replaced Madoka as the thing I wish people would stop talking about. And since I generally don't like superhero stuff, I don't expect to get much interest in it, not even a year later.
  • edited 2012-05-25 03:13:42
    READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    Apparently, in the original Avatar the Last Airbender, Aang was suppose be frozen for 1,000 years and wake up in a futuristic setting, but the creators got bored of that idea and went with 100 instead.

Momo would have been a robot.
    I love comics.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Ah, the (in)famous Magic Roundabout. From what I've heard, even the British aren't fond of that junction.

Also it amuses me that it's "End of bus lane" right before you enter the roundabout. So not only do you have to try and navigate through a nonsensical web of roundabouts, but you have to worry about buses trying to merge.
    Well, The Avengers just came out, so it's understandable why people would be hyped up about it now. It'll pass.
    ^ Oh god, that is so you.

This was the first roundabout I ever drove through:

It was one of the first built on this side of town. I remember being fascinated watching it take shape.

The intersection it replaced had previously been one of the most dangerous in the county, because the roads met at a close angle and both lacked dedicated turning lanes entirely:

• edited 2012-05-25 03:38:30
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited 2012-05-25 03:42:47
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    ...What would an aspiring traffic engineer's cutie mark be? A signal head?

But, no, wait, they don't have traffic engineers in Equestria because they don't have cars. But they have railroads, so they must at least have transportation engineers...
  • edited 2012-05-25 03:44:34
    When I was like 10 I used to draw little signs for my Hot Wheels roads. I figured out that if I bent some drinking straws and taped them together, I could make overhead gantries to tape the signs to.

For some reason I kinda want to pull up Inkscape now and try to recreate the signs I drew back then.

I know this is a completely unproductive waste of time, but it's my four-day weekend, dammit, and I'll waste time if I want!
    10-year-old me liked Harry Potter, so he named the road Potter Road. Creativity!

Also every single sign was the same size because I cut out all the rectangles of paper before drew on them.

• THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    oh my god, why am I still up, I should have gone to bed hours ago...

I guess I'm just bored tonight. Or I'm still a little depressed. I don't know, but I need to be able to work today, so sleep would be nice. Good night...

Good night Lee.
    Why did this pop into my head?

• Ah, the (in)famous Magic Roundabout. From what I've heard, even the British aren't fond of that junction.

you heard right

You're strange.

Also: That kettle is totally black.
    *uses Princess Magic to give squid wings for the next 24 hours*

There! Now you can fly! I think
  • edited 2012-05-25 05:26:40
    You never use Princess Magic™ to summon worms to perform noise music with the bones of long-dead big cats.
    That's advanced Princess Magic™. I have to work my way up to that sorta stuff.

*flips through spellbook*

What if we start with the bones of moderately large cats who died 8-10 years ago?
    Where would we find those?
    Shit, you're right. Wanna check Craigslist?
  • Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

That is what I can see on a clear day, like today
  • edited 2012-05-25 07:33:06
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    How does Q
    Get through one word without U?
    If I had to spell without U
    What alphabet would that be?

Oh, and I
    I need U to spell q
    uill, need U for quartz
    And for other Q-ish words
    If U ever leaves
    Baby that would take away everything good about Q

Without U
    There’d be no sun in my sky
    There would be no beauty in life
    There’d be no fun left for me

And I
    Baby, I don’t know where I would go
    With only A, E, I and O
    If U ever leaves
    Baby that would take away lots of words useful to me

And tell me now…

How do I live without U?
    This I can't do
    How do I spell without U?
    And what of poor Q?

How does our language
    Ever survive?

How do I, how do I, oh how do I live…

(Yes this is old, who cares)
  • why doesn't Homestruck make any gosh-darn'd sense
  • edited 2012-05-25 08:29:58
    This strikes me as rather unpolished compared to the more well-known version:

And the video is nowhere near as memorable.

How about some 19th Century Barrow eh?
    woke up this morning
  • Deco shows up in mid-dream and gives your character a can of local-variety coffee from depression-era southern illinois
    This made me wonder if there is any Listening fanfiction.

There probably is.

"There is fanfiction for everything" should be a rule of the internet.

also: imageimage
  • How about some 19th Century Barrow eh?

you live in/near barrow?

i'm in lancaster. and the boyfriend lives in ulverston

have i asked you this before? i am getting terrible deja vu
    you live in/near barrow?
    Yep
    i'm in lancaster. and the boyfriend lives in ulverston
    Ouch, tough break about your boyfriend there
    have i asked you this before? i am getting terrible deja vu
    No you have not asked me that before
    aka 47