I was somehow rendered unconscious but sapient during an unknown period

13»

Comments

• Like I kinda thought the second-tier superhero comic companies (Image and DarkHorse) had sort of a 2ejjy4u reputation.
  • Not that I'd know, I've never read basically anything by either ^_^;
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Hellboy is one of several exceptions, most of which seem to be on Dark Horse's roster because they are fairly large and reasonably diverse. One cannot say the same of Image, really...
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    I've heard nothing but praise for Hellboy myself, but that might be at least in part because of the different circles we inhabit.
  • My dreams exceed my real life

There was more than one of those. They weren't bad, although they felt under-plotted.

This describes most of the top half of anime movies about western comics characters.
  • There's an oddly large number of those.

There was more than one of those. They weren't bad, although they felt under-plotted.

This describes most of the top half of anime movies about western comics characters.

And a large number of movies and miniseries of movie length meant as conclusions or additions to otherwise excellent anime series, incidentally.
    Have you ever seen the Iron Manime?

That is really weird, because the villain is agressively anime while no one else is.
  • remember the Sailor Moon movie where Chibi gets abducted by a flying boat and there's like a pied piper character she falls in love with.

I have all these extremely vague memories of that series. I should actually watch it sometime.
    I have not, but that does not surprise me much.

Now I'm thinking of that conversation we had about villains who seem to come from a context that is totally different from the rest of the characters in the show, and how that seems to be a thing in anime.
    We had that conversation?
    Tachyon and I talked a little about it before TNS's stream a few days ago. I got confused as to wheres and whens.
    Ah
  • edited 2015-11-20 15:54:39
    “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Like, I think he brought up Nui from Kill La Kill seeming like she knew what kind of show she was in, and that made me think of [Walking Spoiler] in Texhnolyze, who seems to fancy themselves the hero of an entirely different genre of show and looks like a Trigun villain when almost everyone else is a very low-key, slightly gritty ABe design, and I just realised how many other, less extreme examples there are.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    (i would prefer gender neutral pronouns, if that's ok)

i commented that Nui seemed like she was from a different kind of show altogether.  i think it was Section who specifically identified that she seemed aware of the genre she was in - and that things start to go worse for her once she loses that awareness and starts to behave more like a KLK character.
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.

Hellboy is one of several exceptions, most of which seem to be on Dark Horse's roster because they are fairly large and reasonably diverse. One cannot say the same of Image, really...

image does seem to have stuff like Saga though
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    Image isn't that bad anymore, from what I've heard.