PTA Main

13»

Comments

• "Do you think that's our egg?" Violet is whispering.
  • edited 2012-02-01 22:19:34
    Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    "Probably," Ryan whispered back. "A skull is all he'd need to make his costume more obvious. We'd be careful how we keep moving."
  • "Hmm."

Violet stares at the man.

"what...should we do?"

• Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    "Huh. That's a tough question. Climbing the ledge would take a while and probably attract his attention, but our only other option is to walk through the rustling grass over there. I don't like it, but going through the grass might be the better option here. What do you think?"
  • "Sebastian could distract him."

Violet glances to her Litwick.

• Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    "Huh. I forgot your Pokémon was a ghost. Good idea. Go for it!"
  • "Sebastian. Spook him."

Sebastian floats off and stealthily comes up behind the eggnapper.

• ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    The man continued to walk around. When he turned to walk the other way, he saw Sebastian and screamed at the top of his lungs... Flinging the egg into the air
    "Oh, no," Ryan said to himself. He wasn't sure how durable the egg was.

"Cammy, help me catch this!" he called to his Bulbasaur as he held up his hands to grab the falling egg himself.
  • edited 2012-02-01 23:32:43
    ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    The egg went sailing and landed right in Ryan's arms

Meanwhile the man was grabbing a Pokeball. "Ah dammit, trainers! Look, hand over the egg now and you won't get hurt"
    Ryan was surprised and relieved that he was able to catch the egg, and he soon held it securely in his arms. With a suspicious expression on his face, he then looked up toward the man on the ledge.

"Hang on. What exactly were you planning on doing with this anyway? Doesn't look like you're up to any good."
  • Violet steps out of the grass, Sebastian floating over to her and hovering around her head.

"If you try anything foolish, it might be you who ends up getting hurt."

• edited 2012-02-02 00:13:00
    ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    The man laughed at Violet's threat. "Yeah, you may have startled me, but I don't think a walking salad and a candle can beat me. Anyways, it's none of your business what I do with the egg. Now hand it over"

He tossed the ball, revealing a Poochyena

"Or Poochy here will make you!"
  • "Poochy? How clever, is your own name 'Manny' or does your astounding intelligence and creativity not run in the family?"
  • ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    "Oh that's it!"

The two began to charge at Violet and Ryan

(Make commands. Once both Gator and Globe have made commands, then I change the map and you make new ones. Maps are posted in OOC)
    Crud! Ryan thought as the man came forward. I need to make sure they don't get to me and the egg.

"Cammy! Try climbing up that ledge and tackle the Poochyena!" he called out. With his hands still clutching the egg, he backed away just enough so that he could see what was going on and help his Bulbasaur.

[Pokémon command: Cammy - dash toward Poochyena over ledge and Tackle if possible]
    [Trainer action: None. The only thing I could do is a Pokédex scan, and my hands are full.]
    [Shift: 2 spaces up and 1 space left on the map]
  • "Sebastian. Smog."

[Pokemon command: Sebastian -- Smog attack at the Poochyena]

[Trainer action: none.]

• ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    Before Cammy could move, Poochy was on top of her. The pup slammed into her, doing heavy damage (10 damage - Cammy is at 13 HP now). Cammy, unable to get a run going, was left unable to attack the Poochyena with Tackle, and contented herself with glaring at the Poochyena.

The Aqua member stopped and laughed. "Your pathetic salad can't even do anything! You expect to win the battle like tha...Uh... What is the candle doing?"

Sebastian floated until he was just in range of Poochy and let loose

The resulting mess filled everything with a thick, purple mist momentarily. The grunt and his Poochyena were left coughing out the smoke that had entered their lungs. Ryan, Cammy, and Violet were left out of range
    Ryan was amazed at the Litwick's display of power. He had forgotten about the range that attacks like Smog could have. Still shielding the egg, Ryan stepped farther away from the smoke. Cammy had already been hurt, so he had to think his next action through carefully.

"Sorry about that, Cammy. Let's try that again. When the smoke clears, wait for Poochyena to act first, then get going and tackle. Circle around him if you need to."

[Pokémon command: Wait, then start moving and use Tackle.]
    [Trainer action: Shift one space up.]
  • "Have you had enough or do we need to set you on fire, too?"

[no actions]

• ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    "Why would we have had enough? We're winning! Poochy! Run along the ledge and then ram that walking salad again!"

Ryan didn't have to worry about Cammy needing to circle around to hit the pup again. The Poochyena ran back a meter, then slammed into the Bulbasaur, knocking her out (14 damage - Cammy is now at -1)
  • edited 2012-02-26 19:57:24
    Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    "Argh! No!" Ryan let one arm free from holding the egg to pull out Cammy's Poké Ball and let it open to take in the unconscious Bulbasaur. He then stood at the ready to attack in case Poochy came after him and the egg. He knew he wasn't particularly athletic, but a good kick was all the defense he had left against the attacking Pokémon.

[Switch action: Recall Cammy]
    [Trainer action: Prepare improvised kick attack]
  • "Sebastian, burn!"

The Litwick took a deep breath, and started peppering the Poochyena with flecks of fire.

• ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    Cammy was hit by the beam of red light, and sucked into the ball quickly.

"Poochy, Howl! Then we can take care of these idiots faster!"

The Poochyena sat on the ground and whipped his head up to the sky, letting loose a long, chilling howl to psych himself up

He stopped the howl abruptly to yelp in pain as Sebastian began to spew flames all over the Pokemon. When the barrage of flame ended, his fur was burned off in places, leaving angry red marks all over
    Ryan couldn't help but let out a sigh of relief that Poochy didn't immediately come for him, but he continued to stand his ground.