PTA Main

Comments

• Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    "Right then, we'll get going," said Ryan. He turned to the girl with the Litwick before he started. "By the way, I didn't get your name. Mine's Ryan. What's yours?"
  • "I am Violet. This is Sebastian." She gave a little bow of the head. "We should find the egg."
  • edited 2012-01-28 23:33:42
    Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    "Yeah, let's head over to the beach. I'm not sure how much longer the adoption fair is going on, and we probably need to ask everyone if they've seen anything suspicious."

Ryan turned to his Bulbasaur and gave her another reassuring pat. "You ready, Cammy?"

Cammy confidently cried out in response.
  • ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    The Joy at the beach was packing up, still mumbling about the egg
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    "Oh, crud, we've missed them," said Ryan, shaking his head. "Do you think we should ask this nurse if she saw anything?"
  • "You may, if you'd like." Violet shuffled her feet, and Sebastian hovered silently near her head.
  • ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    The Joy looked up. "Oh, hey, did you get the message to the nurse there?"
    "Yes, I did," Ryan answered. "She asked us to help investigate the stolen egg. If you don't mind my asking, did you see anything odd or suspicious around the time the egg was stolen?"
  • ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    The Joy frowned. "Well, thinking about it, there was a man dressed like a pirate snooping around about half an hour before the egg was taken..."
    Ryan looked at Violet. "Well, that narrows it down quite a bit," he said to the trainer. "A guy in a pirate costume shouldn't be too hard to tell apart."

He turned back to Nurse Joy. "Yeah, that's definitely suspicious-looking. Anything else?"
  • "Pirate costumes?"

Violet just blinked. Surreal for certain.

• ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    Joy looked to the side. "Well, he was also talking about getting to Ecruteak, and the fastest way there is north to Violet City, then a small detour west before heading back north again"
  • Violet scratched her head and shuffled her feet, studying them closely.
    "All right, then! That should be very helpful. Thanks!"

Ryan wondered whether he would be able to make it to Ecruteak City quickly, but then he remembered the nurse in the Pokémon Center.

"Hey, Violet, maybe we should go back to the Pokémon Center and tell them about this."
    "All right, then. Come on, Cammy. Back to the Pokémon Center!"

Cammy gave a slightly confused but accepting look. Ryan noticed this expression and thought that she might be having trouble getting used to her new trainer with all of the back-and-forth movement.

"Don't worry, Cammy. You'll be fine. Sorry for making you move around the same place so much. I think we'll be able to get moving soon."

Cammy gave a small smile and nodded again before following Ryan again.
  • ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    At the center, the Joy was busy tending to some Pokemon
    "Excuse me, ma'am," said Ryan. "We have some more information about the Manaphy egg that we think might be useful."
  • ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    Joy looked up and rushed to the counter, almost flipping over it. Her Chansey grabbed her skirt and pulled her back until she was on her feet. "Please tell me!"
    Ryan was surprised by the nurse's reaction, but he collected himself. "Apparently, there was a suspicious man in a pirate costume who was talking about going to Ecruteak City. The nurse from the adoption fair said that he might have been involved in the theft."
  • ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    The Joy lunged forward again. "Then please go stop him!"

Chansey pulled back on the Nurse's skirt again
    "Oh! All right, then. We'll get going right away."

As Ryan stepped outside the Pokémon Center, he started to notice that Violet seemed a bit nervous around him. "Hey, Violet, are you all right?" he asked. "Have I been bothering you or anything?"
  • "Well...I just."

Violet looked to Sebastian.

"This is all a bit....busy, don't you think?"

"Oh. Yeah, it kind of is. I'm starting to get a little worn out myself. But I think if we at least get to Violet City, we can rest for a while. Just let me know if you need anything, okay?"
  • "Is Violet City far?"

She glanced at Sebastian again. The Litwick seemed content--or oblivious--but Violet could not help but fear for his welfare, and she had only a very few supplies with her.

Now that Violet mentioned it, Ryan remembered that his bus ride from Azalea Town was a bit long, even if it was divided into about half.

"Hmm, it does pass through two numbered routes, I think. Maybe there's a rest stop somewhere along the way. If there is, we should definitely take advantage of it. Otherwise, we might want to stock up a little."
  • "Yeah..." Violet twirled her hair around her finger. Looking contemplative for a moment, what was it her mother had always said? "Make life an adventure"? This'd be an okay thing to do, right?

"I have some potions, a couple Pokeballs and an antidote on me. What do you have?"

"Yeah, I have the same things you do. I have a little bit of money on hand, though, so I think I can afford to get something extra. I'm not quite sure what, though."
  • "More potions would help in case our Pokemon get hurt." 

Sebastian floated over near Ryan, hovering next to his head.

Ryan chuckled at the ghostly candle next to him. He seemed like a friendly enough Pokémon to have around.

"Sounds like a plan. Good thing the Poké Mart is just down the road from here."
  • "Hm...Back in Unova you could just buy supplies at the Pokemon Center."
    Ryan was surprised to hear this. "You're from Unova? Wow, cool. What brings you to Johto?"
  • "My mother and father seperated. Mother wanted to move to a more rural area. Thankfully I was allowed to bring Sebastian with me, as his father is my Mother's pokemon."
    Ryan hesitated briefly. He wasn't sure what to say.

"Oh. Well, I hope you and Sebastian like it here. There's some pretty interesting things to see. For now, let's get extra Potions and start going down Route 30."

Ryan began walking toward the Poké Mart with Cammy following behind him.
  • ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    The mart was fairly small for a city Pokemart, but it seemed to have everything a trainer may need. The clerk was stocking shelves as the trainers came in

"Can I help you two?"
  • "Um, yes. We're looking for journeying supplies? Potions, antidotes, things like that?"
  • ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    "Oh, well grab what you need and I'll be at the counter to help you"

200 Potion
    250 Antidote
    300 Pokeball
    50 Food (day's worth)
    30 Water (day's worth)
    Ryan immediately went to the shelf containing the Potions and took a bottle for himself. He then noticed the packages of food and water and realized that he should buy some supplies for the newly-formed team in case the trip to Violet City took longer than he expected. He decided to buy four days' worth of water and three days' worth of food.

Ryan wasn't interested in buying any more Poké Balls yet. He already had five, and he didn't want to catch more Pokémon than he could keep up with, especially at the start of his journey.
  • ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    "That will be 470. Is that all or is your friend buying something?"
  • "Ummm..."

Violet snatched up four potions and a pair of antidotes.

"Just this."

• ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    "And that will be 1300"
    "All right, then, here it is," Ryan answered the shopkeeper as he pulled out his money.
  • "No no, I have money of my own."

Violet pulled out a wad of coinage and several bills from her purse.

"Here."

• ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    He counted out the money and printed a reciept for Violet
    "No, it's all right, I was just paying for the things I was buying," Ryan said to Violet.

"Okay, here's the money for my supplies. Sorry about the confusion just now," Ryan gave his own money to the shopkeeper.
  • ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    He counted out Ryans money and printed the reciept
  • edited 2012-02-01 19:52:52
    Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    "Okay, then. Thanks!" Ryan said as he started to leave the shop. "Are you ready, Violet?"
  • edited 2012-02-01 21:40:59
    "Okay, good. Let's get going."

Ryan and Cammy left the shop and started walking toward Route 30.
  • ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    A ways past a berry loving man's house, a man in a striped shirt with a blue bandana and blue pants was walking back and forth, carrying an egg in his arms. He seemed lost, confused by the tall pine trees that surrounded him

"Oh man oh man oh man... How will I get to the drop off point!?"

Ryan and Violet, able to see the scene, were still hidden from the man, as the ground sloped up and led to a ledge, obscuring the two trainers a little. Tall grass surrounded the area, and sounds of wild Pokemon could be heard