Pokémon

Comments

• oh my god, man. The rival...just....just the rival.

Cedric, y u so srs.

• ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    Ok, did an exploratory battle against Caitlin to see if my Nuzlocke Team is even remotely ready

What do you call it when a bitch starts to perform a one Pokemon Party Sweep because Hustle is an asshole ability?
  • edited 2012-10-13 19:10:39

beat ghetsis

by 'beat" i mean "wiped the floor with"

lol @ ohko-ing his hydreigon
  • You call it "stop Nuzlocking why are you doing that".

In other news, I have developed an official lineage for my Pokemon player characters. Why? Because fuck you, I put too much thought into this kind of thing, that's why.

Pokemon Gold Protagonist -- Rodrigo Ramirez, who later became Mr. Rodrigo Akayama
    Pokemon Crystal Protagonist -- Kyoko Akayama, married Rodrigo, moved to Hoenn after becoming CHAMPION. Had a daughter.
    Pokemon Sapphire Protagonist -- Kyoko Akayama Jr. married her rival, moved to 4thgen Region (I forget and am too lazy to look it up). Her daughter was a chef who later moved to Hoenn.
    Pokemon White Protagonist -- Kyoko Akayama III, brought down Team Plasma. Currently single.
    Pokemon Black 2 Protagonist -- Kyoko "Itokyoko" Akayama, Kyoko III's younger cousin, named after the first Kyoko Akayama. She is a ditz but loves her Pokemon very much. Also, she enjoys sata andagi.

Also I'm aware that some of this flies in the face of established canon. iduncurr

credit to ignatius2722 for helping make these names sound actually Japanese-ish.

• Nuzlocke sounds fun.

Makes Pokemon challenging again.
  • I just caught a Mareep.

my moe' dietary needs are fulfilled for the day.

• Said Mareep just jumped from level 5 to level 8 by taking down Cedric's Oshawott.

This Mareep is a fucking badass. It didn't even know any offensive electric moves, and the paralysis inflicted by Thunder Wave wasn't really working.

• Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    The region from Generation IV is Sinnoh.

I still name my characters my real name because I'm a lazybutt. As a result, there are now two destined heroes named Tim running around Unova.

bring it on internet stalkers
  • There are seven Tim in my family.

That's not a joke, though most of those are middle names.

• Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    YES! I've finally found a female Eevee, soon to be Vaporeon. Except not that soon because I can't get Water Stones until the Pokémon World Championship. Bummer.

And it only took me 20 encounters with a 5% chance of happening to find her. Curse you, skewed gender ratio for Pokémon that Game Freak wants us to obtain through social interaction!
  • Just ran across a random riot grrrl jamming out on the sidewalk in the third city. What?
  • I caught a Magnemite

its little personality bite is "Loves to eat".

um....

loves to eat....what, exactly?

The answer is clearly YOUR BRAIN CELLS

I decided to look for a boy Eevee to evolve into Umbreon and wait until I get the Dream World ability Eevee after the Elite Four to make a Leafeon. First Eevee I come across? Girl. After it took me 2 hours to find one last night.

GAAAAAAME
  • Oh hey.

How does one do an Evee get in this game.

I kind of want an Umbreon or an Espeon or somethin'.

When you get to Castelia City, you have to go down into the sewers for a story event. There's a staircase going up a little ways into the maze. This leads to a courtyard with a Poké Ball shaped grass patch. Voila, Eevee get to your heart's content.
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA erg...*ahem*

ah, thank you.

I hope getting an Eevee's friendship high enough is easier in this game than it was in the original Gen 2's. Because I tried for a solid year to get an Umbreon and just could not do it.

• edited 2012-10-14 19:05:07
    Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    I now have 3 badges and won the first battle against Colress.

I wish Elekid evolved into Electabuzz sooner. Count Zap is falling behind the rest of my team. It probably doesn't help that I sometimes try to pit him against Pokémon that he's not really suited for. It took way longer to beat Colress's Magnemite than it really should have.
  • I have a Pignite, a Psyduck, and a Mareep.

Currently trying to katch a Koffing.

I wonder if it would have been better if I tried to catch all the Pokémon that I like earlier instead of just a few. I would have caught Mareep and Growlithe, but...

A. I remember that in one of my HeartGold runs, I ended up using my Jolteon more than my Ampharos because he was faster.

B. If I have Lucario, Arcanine, and all my favorite Eeveelutions, then people will think I only like the popular ones. Silly thing to worry about, I know, but still.

Plus, like Lazuli, I feel bad when I have boxes full of Pokémon I never use. All my runs of HeartGold and White, I only had enough Pokémon to fill up Box 1 at most.
  • I try not to feel bad by remembering that (assuming the anime is canon) they're basically sent to a ranch and looked after by a Professor, but still.
  • I feel bad when I have boxes full of Pokémon I never use. [2]
    ^^It would certainly be nice if that was the case. I don't think the games actually explain what it's like to be in a PC box. But since it doesn't change your Pokémon's friendship, at least it can't be too bad.
  • Yeah, one of the few things I remember about the anime is that Ash's extra pokemon were all sent to Professor Oak.

Most notably his Muk.

• My Mareep evolved. :D

:D

:DDDDDDDDDD

also I just realized its bio bite is "quick-tempered". I am now imagining a pissed off pink electric sheep.

• >finally find a Koffing
    >attack it once
    >it faints

Sunuvabitch
    Not even an unlucky critical hit? That's odd. Koffing are supposed to have good defenses.
  • No it was a crit, which is why I'm kinda pissed.

I suppose I shouldn't have sent out my just-evolved Flaaffy to do it. 

• observation: Koffing that already knows Poison Gas + Assurance and Venoshock = AND THEN EVERYTHING DIED. THE END.
  • ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    Eevee start with 70 base happiness. You gain 1 happiness every 255 steps. 5 for each level up until 100 happy, then 3 each level till 200, then 2 each level. The massage girl gives 3 happy a day. Eevee needs 220 happiness to evolve

In short: Play the minigame I invented called Run Over Castelia People With Your Bike Until You Get Every Dialogue Possible From The Few That Don't Get The Fuck Out Of The Way for a few hours
  • I'm in that Pokemon Ball shaped patch of grass, been wandering around for an hour and have yet to find an Eevee, but I did find a...Lopunny.

:|

• ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    ...Congrats?
  • I have a rabbit that can kick.

I am now Corporal Forsythe apparently.

Be thankful you didn't get a Buneary. They evolve by happiness, and what is their base happiness?

0. Yes, really.

Also, I looked at some of the Poké-Star Studios stuff on Bulbapedia to see how much I'd like it. Now I really want to play the one with Sabrina because I want to save the sad little Substitute doll.
  • >Pignite wants to learn "Rollout"
    >recall that at some point in the postgame you can face every gym leader from prior generations
    >have flashbacks to Gen 2

Finally, after all these years....my revenge.

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    ^^ Fucking Buneary...
  • Is there any point in Black 2 where you can catch an Abra?

Because I am legally obliged to catch the Kadabra line in any game it's available in. 

• At the pokemon league.
  • edited 2012-10-16 18:47:54
    Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    Sadly, not before the Elite Four. I think there was speculation that you could before the games came out in Japan, but that proved false.

I know Alakazam is one of those super hyped-up nostalgic Pokémon, but I still think he's cool. Though I will admit, I kinda wish he still had Kadabra's fluffy tail. That looks neat to me for some reason.
  • Apparently you can trade a Hippowdon for one.

Not sure if worth it, especially considering Hippowdon are only available in this game via a Pokemon Swarm.

I am madly nostalgic for the Kadabra line since an Alakazam named Houdini was my best Pokemon in Gen II, as well as the only Pokemon whose level I ever capped out.

• So I just found out where the name-rater is. And since I just caught a Sandile I named Nixon, I am going to go get all of my Pokeyman's names changed and just pretend they were like that from the beginning.

Going with Ignacio for Pignite, Gangnam for Psyduck, and Gar for Eevee, but I'm not sure what to do with Flaaffy and Koffing.

• Finally figured them all out.

Pignite: Ignacio
    Eevee: Garfield
    Psyduck: Gangnam
    Koffing: Captain
    Flaaffy: Deco

of these, only the last has nothing to do with the Pokemon itself.

• edited 2012-10-16 19:22:48
    Huh. I never thought of this until you mentioned "Captain," but Koffing would go well with Team Aqua's insignia.
  • He is actually named after an entirely different captain.
  • Does anyone else think it's kinda weird that neither Psyduck nor Golduck have Psychic as a secondary typing?
    Maybe a little bit, but then again, we already had the Slowpoke family and Starmie for Water/Psychic-types.
  • I suppose.

It's just strange that Golduck especially is canonically pretty powerful a psychic, yet is solely Water type. 

• >wild Trapinch appeared!

what..?

what?

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

Shit. I'm sorry Nix, but a Trapinch is a Trapinch.

• >starting yesterday I decided to become a bad dude!

I love this kid

But can he stop Ninjask-related crimes at Whitehouse?