Steven Universe

Comments

• imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    seriously?  that's awesome!
  • Huh, nice.

There are 21 episodes of season 3 that haven't aired in the US (including "Steven Floats"), so maybe that's what we'll get? That's a weird number if they're doing five a week though. I guess maybe they'll double up for the finale or something.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    So they're just gonna do a StevenNuke?

What happens after that?
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    We build from the ground up with Steven World, obviously.
  • Anonus said:

What happens after that?
    Back on hiatus for months, I would imagine.
    Probably a long time because it sounds like CN's going to have gone through the whole third season
  • Anonus said:

What happens after that?
    Fallout: Beach City
    maybe they build Bedrock on top of Beach City
  • end of stevengellion
  • edited 2016-07-05 22:57:13
    Anonus said:

Probably a long time because it sounds like CN's going to have gone through the whole third season

Maybe the plan now is that they'll do this every summer and that'll be it for new episodes.
    oh so they're aping big brother HBO and their model
  • edited 2016-07-05 23:01:21
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    but yeah, their handling of this show is so weird to me

it seems like a ready-made money printer, and yet, they barely promote it. it has next to no presence on the US site. they hardly air reruns, and when they do, they're out of order. the merchandising footprint is nonexistent, as opposed to that of Adventure Time or Regular Show. that or they market SU more to adult fans than kids

They can't even just run it more often on Boomerang (which they gutted of most all the classic animation and turned into a reject pile/recent rerun farm) like Nickelodeon did with ATLA on Nicktoons Network
  • Also I realized today that the first week of Summer of Steven is the week I'll be away. Hopefully I'll be able to find some way to actually watch them, given that I won't have a proper computer.
  • I bet my aunt would like this show, maybe I should try to get her into it and then she can download the episodes
    hee hee
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Odradek said:

How has Janelle Monae stilll not appeared on Steven Universe yet

• Odradek said:

Odradek said:

• We can do anything if we do it together.
    SF_Sorrow said:

Odradek said:

Odradek said:

• They're holding her in reserve for something amazing, I know not what.
    It's today!
  • Today's is just Steven Floats finally airing in the US, right?
    There's another episode airing with it, I believe.
    Maybe I haven't watched the show enough lately, but "Drop Beat Dad" didn't quite click with me
    I like the slice of life episodes but I wanna see the other Crystal Gems again.
    We still have Bismuth to look forward to, at least.
  • Yeah it was kinda meh for me too. It almost felt like it could be an episode of any random cartoon instead of Steven Universe.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    The only part I really liked was the confirmation that Marty is Sour Cream's biological father
    I did like that Marty was voiced by Tom Scharpling's comedy partner, too.
    Marty kind of looks like a Simpsons character now

Yeah it was kinda meh for me too. It almost felt like it could be an episode of any random cartoon instead of Steven Universe.

It felt like SU doing that thing where it channels Pepper Ann, except somehow weaker than usual
    Pearl is still gay, also this episode was awesome
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    That was a great episode yeah.

Of course, I'm a sucker for musical episodes.
  • This whole Greg-getting-rich arc is weird but I liked this episode. If nothing else, this one definitely didn't feel like it could be an episode of any show but SU.

This whole Greg-getting-rich arc is weird but I liked this episode. If nothing else, this one definitely didn't feel like it could be an episode of any show but SU.

I think it's done now, but it is kinda weird how they spent an entire episode just setting up this one.
  • Especially given, as Pearl kinda pointed out in the end, it wasn't really necessary even for this episode. (When you get down to it, the plot of this episode was extremely similar to Keystone Motel, except focusing on different characters.)

I don't know if it will really be an "arc" but I can't imagine this is the last we'll hear of that plot point. I wouldn't be surprised if it was really setting up for something further down the line.
    Pearl's resentment of Greg has been a plot point for ages. She's still coming to terms with things. Of course this isn't over.
  • I meant the money thing.

Honestly the thing with Pearl and Greg's relationship is kinda weird, because in this episode it almost seemed like she didn't even want to be near him whereas in the past she's mostly tolerated him (not counting flashbacks)? But I guess having inconsistent feelings about in a situation like this is how real people mostly work, too.
    Well, it's fairly obvious Pearl tolerates Greg for Steven's sake.

Also, interacting with someone more-or-less one-on-one for an extended period of time is different than doing so in a group setting.
  • edited 2016-07-20 05:20:42
    “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    The intensity of Pearl's neuroses has always been a little inconsistent, frankly. It seems like certain writers portray her as a bit harsher and less superficially together than others.

^ This, however, is also true.
  • Well, it's fairly obvious Pearl tolerates Greg for Steven's sake.

Also, interacting with someone more-or-less one-on-one for an extended period of time is different than doing so in a group setting.

Sure but like, even at the beginning of the episode it seemed like she was being a little more openly nasty to him than she usually is, and then the rest of the episode sorta seemed to act like she's always treated him that way?

It's not like, a major complaint or anything though.

The intensity of Pearl's neuroses has always been a little inconsistent, frankly. It seems like certain writers portray her as a bit harsher and less superficially together than others.

That doesn't bother me so much, because there are real people like that too.

I mean, I'm sure you've noticed that I seem more functional some days than others. Granted it's mostly been "others" lately but that's beside the point.
  • Know your lines? Of course you know your lines! But I don't want to just hear your lines...I wanna hear what's in YOUR SOULS!!
    One of the upcoming episodes is exactly what I thought it would be and I am very, very excited.
    so are all new Peridots telekinetic?

also, gem subtypes!
    also what is it @Zeether
  • Know your lines? Of course you know your lines! But I don't want to just hear your lines...I wanna hear what's in YOUR SOULS!!
    Beach City Drift.

It's a reference to a certain racing anime I know and love.
    Anonus said:

also, gem subtypes!
    Idea: They all have that to better deal with machinery in subtle ways, but it isn't mentioned to them because they don't want them to feel too confident.
    Odradek said:

Anonus said:

also, gem subtypes!
    Idea: They all have that to better deal with machinery in subtle ways, but it isn't mentioned to them because they don't want them to feel too confident.
    That would explain the "fingers" on their limb enhancers.