The Homestuck Heap of the Heapers' Hangout Forum

Comments

• ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)

I mean, I was pretty sure that some kind of update would occur by Halloween, but it's nice to be vindicated.

So, we have you to thank for this update.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Clearly.

But yeah, being on a cliffhanger for a year is weird.
    (2015 self)
    Well, reality does have a tendency of bending over backwards to give you what you want in a way that I can never convince you of.

(Most non-Aliroz individuals have this, but you seem to have more of this tendency than usual.  Maybe .483 standard deviations above the mean).
    Nah. Hussie just happens operate under similar logic to my own, at least to some degree: "Well, more than a year would really be pushing it, and I was going to stagger the updates anyway, soooooo..."
  • And soon the cries of "Upd8!" will ring again. And hopefully it will 8e good.
  • meow meow meowtherfuckers
    Celebratory gay? Celebratory gay.
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Aliroz said:

Well, reality does have a tendency of bending over backwards to give you what you want in a way that I can never convince you of.

(Most non-Aliroz individuals have this, but you seem to have more of this tendency than usual.  Maybe .483 standard deviations above the mean).
    ...reality bends backwards to please everyone except you? That sounds dangerously solipsistic.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Joyeux said:

Celebratory gay? Celebratory gay.
    entral Avenue approves
    (2015 self)

Aliroz said:

...reality bends backwards to please everyone except you? That sounds dangerously solipsistic.
    Serious Response:  Yeah, I know.

Joke Response: Well, now that you say it that way, it seems so.

(Note:  I don't genuinely, sincerely believe this on a level more than you believe that a usb cable is trolling you by not fitting in the right way on the first time; or that you believe that you always come up with a good retort after it's too late, or that you believe that you alwas have to put a book down right when you're at a good part)
  • edited 2014-10-05 17:30:18
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    So, having binged homestuck again...

Man,  Equius and Nepeta's deaths get to me more each time.

IT  KEEPS HAPPENING.

Stupid identifying with useless minor characters (Equius and Nepeta are so Yarrun and I back when we were a couple years younger it's not even okay).   I know that getting killed off for feels (and making there be twelve trolls) was the only point of them, and I know that they weren't really important, but still.
    (2015 self)
    Dang it, now I can't wait for the next update.
  • I have 8een w8ing for the next upd8 since the Gigapause started, so nearly a year. 

That said it is also pro8a8ly gonna feel weird to have upd8s again. ::::o
  • Guhhhh

I wish I was capable of doing Homestuck rereads but I've never been able to

screw ADD/ennui/whatever, man

also rereading it is like having a nostalgia grenade thrown in my face and that suuuucks. Basically anything that puts me in a mindset I had earlier on in my life puts me in this weird emotional funk and I hate it. It happens with a lot of things.
  • ...actually, that's one for the emotional problems thread, because that's been a recurring issue.

So, having binged homestuck again...

Man,  Equius and Nepeta's deaths get to me more each time.

IT  KEEPS HAPPENING.

Stupid identifying with useless minor characters (Equius and Nepeta are so Yarrun and I back when we were a couple years younger it's not even okay).   I know that getting killed off for feels (and making there be twelve trolls) was the only point of them, and I know that they weren't really important, but still.

They are important for several other reasons, plot-wise, but it's all very low-key stuff. Equius has a little more purpose overall, however.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    oh shit son
  • So apparently this is the upd8 in its entirety.

That's all it took to crash the server.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Hussie be trollin'
    lol
  • fight. dream. horse. love.
    tfw your RSS feed didn't update in time for you to see the update
    (2015 self)
    I'm going on a trip so I will be missing the big update crash.
  • Hussie de-updated and then re-updated.
  • kill living beings
    this is honestly uncomfortable to read. good villain i... guess
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    it took me until the page that showed off that to realize that "man gaka" was "manga-ka"
    i think i'm going to pee myself
  • Well, that certainly happened. 

I wish it didn't.
    mods please add

to yarrun's signature thank you
  • Maaaaaaan,

Like, 10% of that was yaoi. If anything, the gratuitous murder of poorly drawn anime girls was worse for me. 

Never mind that I hate it when that green skull takes over under any circumstances.
  • kill living beings
    way to be homophobic against jerks
    I am reading it now. Dear sweet babies.
    ...OK, did Caliborn just get threatening again, if only slightly?

I mean, that confrontation is hilarious, but still, them crazy murder eyes.
  • kill living beings
    crazy murder eyes filled with anime bishies
    Ayup.
  • BRING OUT YOUR DEAD
  • edited 2014-10-25 01:46:58

gamzee is dead though so im tentatively calling timeline shenanigans
    Holy fucking shit.
  • im still legitimately laughing at the sheer chutzpah

like i can't even be mad or sad
  • edited 2014-10-25 02:08:51

Welp, can honestly say I wasn't expecting that.

Spoiler:
    Honestly, all those characters had survived the story so long that I just kind of assumed that they were safe and that nothing would happen to them, with the exception of Gamzee and Aranea. John beating the shit out of Caliborn was satisfying though.

I have no idea what is actually going to happen next, and I am completely OK with that fact.
  • I have no idea what is actually going to happen next, and I am completely OK with that fact.

Same here. I hope there's more than just that animation coming out today.
    Less pressing but tangentially related: The most recent Paradox Space has art partially by Tom Siddell from Gunnerkrigg Court, it's shaping up to be a send-up of high school horror manga, and there's a background bit with Kurloz and Meulin that is hilarious.
  • edited 2014-10-25 02:30:40

at this rate everyone will be a ghost in time for haloween

that's it, that's hussie's plan
    naney said:

...good point.
  • naney said:

that's it, that's hussie's plan

Didn't even think of that.
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Why are the black-and-white dogs trying to kill Dave again?

I skipped that part.
  • edited 2014-10-25 02:45:10
    “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Both PM and Jack put on rings that prototyped them with Becquerel, thus giving them an irrational overriding loyalty to Jade. Because Jade dies while under the Condesce's control, Dave is trying to keep her body safe but dead. PM and Jack are not OK with this plan.
  • edited 2014-10-25 02:46:10

Windblade said:

Why are the black-and-white dogs trying to kill Dave again?

I skipped that part.
    Spoiler:
    Jade got crushed by Araena and he was trying to take Jade to Jane so she could revive  her, but the dog protective instinct kicked in for the Becquerel part of Bec Noir and the PM, so they were chasing him to retrive Jade's body, iirc.