The Homestuck Heap of the Heapers' Hangout Forum

Comments

• edited 2013-12-23 13:59:51
    “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Honestly, I think that as a story and a cultural artifact, Homestuck is basically the graphic hypertext equivalent to something like Gravity's Rainbow: Zillions of characters, a fairly dense plot and mythos that makes more sense when you're reading it than not, and layers upon layers of obtuse pop-cultural references and metafictional devices used for the sake of comedy and drama.
  • edited 2014-01-10 16:58:59
    I didn't think to post this when I realised it, and this thread's been in hibernation for a while, soooo... fuck it all.

An Heir does not become an aspect, per se, but takes custody of it. Same goes for a Maid. Maids and Heirs are custodians. They take responsibility and tidy things up.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS

I didn't think to post this when I realised it, and this thread's been in hibernation for a while, soooo... fuck it all.

An Heir does not become an aspect, per se, but takes custody of it. Same goes for a Maid. Maids and Heirs are custodians. They take responsibility and tidy things up.
    John/Aradia OTP :P
  • Love is in the heir
  • edited 2014-01-13 17:21:55
    There's also Equius and Aradia's... thing.

It also explains what happened to Mituna perfectly: He took custody of the fate of his party. Literally, and physically.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    That is grand.

On an entirely different note, another thing occurred to me recently that has made me ask some odd questions: The Beforan trolls were inspired by the legacies of their ancestors, who were essentially adult, displaced versions of the Alternian trolls, just as the reverse is true.

What did they do? I mean, we all know what became of the Alpha players post-Scratch: Cronus and Aranea were pirates, Kankri became Troll Jegus, and so forth. But what was Karkat, or Equius, or Eridan? What would an adult Nepeta be like, or a non-drug-addled Gamzee? The only completely obvious one is Feferi, given the nature of the society and Meenah's story.
  • I really want to see Beforan Kanaya, I get the feeling Beforus would suit her a lot better than Alternia.
  • Without going into much detail, we MAY be catching a glimpse of the sort of behavior which got Dad banned from the Cirque du Soleil. (He possibly saw a man he deemed too hairy, and couldn’t control the trigger finger on his lather blaster… I’VE SAID TOO MUCH ALREADY.)
    — Andrew Hussie’s author’s note in response to Homestuck pages 002789-002791, as stated in Book 3. If you’re still curious about Dad’s restraining order, he apparently tried to shave the body hair off one of the performers. You can cross that off the list of Homestuck things you still wonder about. John must have been mortified. (via johncrocker)

!
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    :o
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    Yarrun's post is trying to eat Miko, what do?!
    It's trying to merge all the Touhou fans on the site into one entity. A very risky proposition.
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    :o
    I don't know if it's just because it's late and I'm tired or what, but this nearly made me fall off the bed laughing:

March Eridan is my babby. He and I shall get married one day and live in a castle made of buckets. WHY DOES NO ONE UNDERSTAND OUR LOVE?! 
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)

Yarrun's post is trying to eat Miko, what do?!

Tell her to run around and run around inside there until she's all pooped out!
    That was an awful, awful pun.

That aside...

I am not sure whether or not to wait for the final UPD8! until I read the comic over again. It is quite possible that that may not be until March, and I would like to re-immerse myself, but by the same token, it would be really cool to treat the entire narrative as one continuous organism.
  • I have opted for the latter approach.
    That is a sound idea.
  • edited 2014-01-18 17:38:00
    Let me tell you. About Fallen London.
    Given that Cascade took down Newgrounds, I wonder how much of the internet is gonna fall to the final update.

I'll be surprised if tumblr doesn't go down, at least.
    Andrew Hussie's finishing move will be crashing the entire internet.
    It's almost over, right? Um, no, sorry. I still have no time estimate, or specific date I am shooting for. 4/13 would be the COOLEST date to shoot for, right? I doubt that's realistic though. Because in spite of my most religious wishes every single day, magic keeps on being fake. THANKS, "god". 

Wonderful. It'll likely be 2015 before Homestuck actually finishes at this rate. >:P
    The next important date is June 12, and seeing as he's devoting more time to the game than to Homestuck itself, it's likely the game will come out first. Still, that's now the earliest we can expect either.
    He has to make another few million before he crashes the internet. ^_^
    I... think I'm going to re-read it before then, maybe. That is a long time from first exposure to next, even if it has stuck so well in my head.
  • I would be pretty surprised if the game came out first, if nothing else because that requires people outside the usual What Pumpkin stable to do stuff.
  • lee4hmz said:

I don't know if it's just because it's late and I'm tired or what, but this nearly made me fall off the bed laughing:

March Eridan is my babby. He and I shall get married one day and live in a castle made of buckets. WHY DOES NO ONE UNDERSTAND OUR LOVE?! 
    Hahaha oh my god.

Though March Eridan is still best Eridan.
    (2015 self)
    Oh laird.
  • edited 2014-02-20 18:55:46
    THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    I just noticed something while looking at http://mspaintadventures.wikia.com/wiki/Online_handles_and_genetics: UU and uu are in what is essentially a Punnett square. That must mean there's a Uu and a uU out there someplace.
    (2015 self)
    lee4hmz said:

I just noticed something while looking at http://mspaintadventures.wikia.com/wiki/Online_handles_and_genetics: UU and uu are in what is essentially a Punnett square. That must mean there's a Uu and a uU out there someplace.

Dang it, I thought this was an update.

Hmmm, a uU?

and a Uu?
  • edited 2014-02-20 19:18:39
    Let me tell you. About Fallen London.
    lee4hmz said:

Lord English and the alternate timeline version where Calliope dominated, perhaps.
  • I made the mistake of going through this post again and now my day is ruined
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

I thought it was pretty sweet myself.
    That was sad but sweet.

...and when you look at things in that light, it makes Dualscar's death all the more perversely satisfactory. I mean, really, what a tool.
  • I thought it was pretty sweet myself.

Yeah, it ends on a happy note, but it's still really heartrending. Like she suffered through this life of increasing tortures and humiliations just because she was so devoted to her son.
    (2015 self)
    153 days  since an update..

Considering how Homestuck updated at a rate of 8752/1648 or 5.20145631067961165048543689320388349514563... pages a day

Where the italicized is the repeating and the non-italicized after the italicized is a demonstration of the beginning of the repeating,

Then, 5.20145631067961165048543689320388349514563... times 153 = 795.82281553398058252427184466019417475728155 Where the italicized is the repeating and the non-italicized after the
    italicized is a demonstration of the beginning of the repeating,

We are owed 795.82281553398058252427184466019417475728155... comics today if it updates today so Andrew can keep up his average page speed.

8752 + 795 = 9547.

In fact, his average page count between today and April 13, 2009 is less than five pages a day.  Slipping, andrew.  Slipping beneath five pages a day.

• edited 2014-03-18 19:01:15
    READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

Hopefully there is a bit more of a buildup again before we're given a giant flash animation that (presumably) kills the internet. The wait has been long enough that my enthusiasm here has diminished substantially. 

Part if this is watching a little to much of the Alpha kids dealing with their teenage drama stuff. Also, I've probably had a little too much time to dwell on the irksome state of pretty much every single ship/potential ship of the series.
    I wonder if Hussie let the hype die intentionally because he was tired of the insanity.
  • Nah, he's just got a lot on his plate.

It hadn't occurred to me that it's been almost half a year, though. That's kind of a downer.
    Yeah, seriously. Although after the end, it will be... the end, at least of this project. However, endings of the kind of extravaganza nature probable in this case tend to be pretty satisfactory, at least on an entertainment level. So I don't mind waiting just a little bit longer.
    I feel certain that the end of Homestuck will bring the entire internet crashing down and cause a world revolution. :D The future is here!
  • Miko said:

I feel certain that the end of Homestuck will bring the entire internet crashing down and cause a world revolution. :D The future is here!

If it cannot break out of its shell, the chick will die without ever being born. We are the chick-The world is our egg. If we don't crack the world's shell, we will die without ever truly being born. Smash the world's shell. FOR THE REVOLUTION OF THE WORLD!
    Utena~ :D
  • edited 2014-03-24 19:22:00
    Correction: Demian, via Revolutionary Girl Utena.

Hermann Hesse had a knack for gnomic pronouncements.
  • edited 2014-03-29 19:36:16
    OwO

I WANT IT.