The Homestuck Heap of the Heapers' Hangout Forum

Comments

• edited 2012-03-08 23:36:58
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Homestuck ending will feel really weird, like when the last Harry Potter 8ook came out.
  • It's 4:20 somewhere.
    I just thought of something. What if the subliminal messages telling her to cease reproduction is what led to Jane rejecting Jake?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    And we have updates. Spades Slick is alive somehow, and Hussie is indeed nursing him back to health.
  • Looks like this intermission...got souped up.

Seriously, though...the Batterwitch is in the game, Lord English is behind the fourth wall...i'm wondering if this will take yet another cue from EarthBound and make MSPA Reader the true hero.
    Well he is armed, at least.
  • edited 2012-03-10 22:12:21
    THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    IDE: The only stable universe in Homestuck is the Hussieverse, and killing Lord English will destroy everything else, including the Furthest Ring, since it is all IMAGINARY.

HEY WAIT A SECOND

Jade said the Hussieverse is outside the purview of the Green Sun, and Lord English gets his power from the Green Sun, apparently, so it's entirely possible he's mortal there. As for how he got there? The same way SS got there -- the fifth wall in Doc Scratch's apartment.

HUSSSSIEEEEEEEE....
  • edited 2012-03-11 16:27:00
    READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    Dante Basco should be starting act 5, soon.

This is the best thing.
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

That's what the world would like to know!
  • Heh. Hussie is looking at him, specifically, in that panel.
  • And...tasty red updates. 
    I just thought of something. What if the subliminal messages telling her to cease reproduction is what led to Jane rejecting Jake?
    Oh yeah. I think I considered that theory when that comic was happening, but I prefer the idea that it was mostly just juvenile self-sabotage, if only because everything being the grand plan of a malevolent intercessor gets old. It does seems likely that was rattling around in her subconscious, though. (If so, maybe it was also nudging Jake towards accepting Dirk's overtures, since Jake uses the helmet.)
  • Well well well would you check out that upd8.
  • Living tissue over endoskeleton.
    In any other story, a character as neurotic as Karkat talking to themselves would just be funny.

In Homestuck, a character as neurotic as Karkat talking to themselves is funny and very worrisome.
  • edited 2012-03-11 23:58:29
    squid: Indeed. 

Also: My headcanon for the singing Horrorterrors is...the "hour of chanting" from Strong Bad's "radio" email. YNTKT.
    Another thing I just remembered:

You can get the Christian Bible in something called a "red letter edition", where Jesus' words are in bright cherry red. Guess what blood color Troll Jegus and his apparent Second Coming have. :D
    Upderp.

Hey, did Lord English break the fourth wall to retrieve his coat, or did he already have it?
  • edited 2012-03-12 12:54:49
    He teleported it from Hussie's study during Intermission 2. It wasn't indicated whether he could just do that, or whether the walls empowered him to do so.
  • Oh Karkles how I have missed you.
    Also, I just realised: The artwork in this part of the intermission so far is reminding me of Kal-El's journey from Krypton to Earth in Superman: The Movie.
    Update. Things are gettin' deep.
    Indeed. And I have to wonder if my IDE about UU/uu may be true in a way I didn't expect...assuming Karkat is about to say what I think he's about to say.
    Looks like it is. He was never very good at stepping away from the computron and taking a breather.

(that said, I'm glad to see things are still normal. A few things he said to himself made me think everyone else had died while we weren't looking)
    squiddle:

• Yeah, basically. Karkat's typing for twenty minutes, and the last ten minutes are him responding to the first ten minutes, after which he bans himself.

I like Dave and Terezi's doodling. "squirrel zone"!
  • edited 2012-03-13 22:57:10
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited 2012-03-13 23:12:20
    I was kind of expecting the conversation to go that way since the last batch of updates on 3/12. And I had it in the back of my head, but I didn't think AH would run with it...I was expecting Karkat Jade to show up sooner, but then, Hussie's been hinting at Dave Terezi since, what, Act 4?
  • I want to see what Rose and Kanaya are up to. Even if it's not yuritimes.
    We briefly saw Rose in one of the prior updates, just after they entered the LOWAA dream bubble. I imagine she's too busy navigating to do anything SCANDALOUS with Kanaya. :D
    Her and Kanaya are playing soccer with Eridan's head.
  • PlutoniumFist: Headcanon.
    It's only an endlessly recurring time-loop if you keep going back to observing the beginning, but that's true for any other series of events.
  • Update. Looks like my wish has been answered!

...I like what they've done with the place.
    Pffft. They would redecorate, wouldn't they.

It feels like Rose is being ironic when she says that to Dave...
  • More updates. ...I don't think I realized how much I missed these guys.
    I want to see what happens when a troll drinks coffee.
  • You know, I bet Karkat is a coffee addict. Since he didn't sleep the whole time they were playing, he probably just mainlined the stuff. And it's not like he wanted to go to sleep after they finished, either.
    He's probably like my youngest brother -- if he doesn't feel like making coffee, he'll bitch at other people to make some. :P
  • edited 2012-03-16 01:02:46
    Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    I think Karkat just hates himself too much to sleep.

Also while I have jokingly said that the only one worthy enough for his hate is himself, I...think that if he ends up alone it'll just be incredibly sad.

Also also; woo-hoo for Void Sessions.
    So what could this mean? I can't imagine the Condensce was supposed to show up in the new session.
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

More update. Spoilers:

BIG time difference with the kids in universe alpha.

Though, what's confusing me is why Roxy and Dirk talk about their parents as if they've had semi-close relationships up until at least recently. Neither seems to regard their parent or guardian as someone who existed over 400 years ago.