The Homestuck Heap of the Heapers' Hangout Forum

Comments

• READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    Yes!
  • edited 2013-11-19 13:38:49
    THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    I never ship trolls
    Just the death tolls
    COUNT THE DEATH TOLLS
    COUNT THE COUNT THE DEATH TOLLS
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    "Everyday I'm Hussie-in" was so obviously written during Murderstuck in January and February 2011.Seems like all the troll deaths really freaked people out.
    Well, I started reading during the [o] intermission, so I kind of missed out on the drama.
  • So the Namco dating game site just added a new character.

now you listen here: i'm gonna fuck the spaceship
  • also there will be 2 other datable homestuck characters i DEMAND that at least one of them is geromy

now you listen here: i'm gonna fuck the spaceship
    There is an actual Penny Arcade comic I could respond to this with if I was so inclined.
  • edited 2013-11-15 18:19:22
    Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    I need to buy this game now.

Because my waifu is in it.

Do it, Justice!

BRIAN CLEVINGER - WRITER

• My sentiments exactly.
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    this is gonna be amazing omg

enatwash:

paradoxes-for-breakfast:

saccharinescorpion:

nintendofunclub:

servbot42:

[EXTREMELY LOUD FALLING SOUND] that was my interest in namco high crashing

disgusting

wow, yes, how disgusting, how dare a Homestuck character soil Namco High, a game where you can literally date a drum and a fucking 8-bit spaceship

im laughing so hard people are so offended abou t thIS

are you guys stupid or something andrew hussie fucking created both things

I find the idea that Terezi somehow ruined this game to be objectively hysterical.
  • how dare they sully the integrity of this dating sim.
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    I know a couple of folks who don't like being reminded of MSPA.
  • edited 2013-11-16 20:52:17
    (flower path)
    I got linked someone on tumblr who was complaining about how homestuck is going to ruin the VN fandom, and whining about "pedophiles" talking about "OTPs" with regards to Fate/Stay Night.

Which is funny, because Fate/Stay Night, like most other VNs, often has its arcs described in terms of the girl it focuses around, and Type-Moon actually was considering having an Ilya* arc in order to attract the sort of people who buy visual novels.

* This is Ilya:image
    Well, Hivebent was pretty VN/High School AU-ish, so it kind of fits.

I know a couple of folks who don't like being reminded of MSPA.

I can sort of see this, but at the same time, as the post says you can date a space ship and a drum. 

It's also already written by Andrew Hussie.

Voicing one's displeasure over Homestuck characters being in it is pretty ridiculous. 

needs more cheif adn wairenrman
  • You know, Fef killed lusii regularly to feed Gl'bgolyb.  I don't think she'd be that fazed by a single tuna or whatever.
  • spinor said:

You know, Fef killed lusii regularly to feed Gl'bgolyb.  I don't think she'd be that fazed by a single tuna or whatever.

yes

#mynumerounohomestuckfannonpetpeeve 
    Also, I've forgotten how much of a douchebag the Auto-Responder was. :P He's a whole lot funnier as ARquiusprite, if nothing else.

I really disliked him on his own, ARquiusprite was some sort of glorious 180 that made me love everything.
  • For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.
    I liked that AR was able to turn a 2001: A Space Odyssey reference into an "over 9000" reference.
    Hehehe, and now Dirk and AR are arguing with each other. OH H41 K4RK4T >:)
    TT: And anyway, it's too late for you to play "damage control" with me. My shit is in motion, and now we're beyond the pail. 
    TT: Pretty sure it's pale. 
    TT: Is it, now?
    lol pails
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”

spinor said:

You know, Fef killed lusii regularly to feed Gl'bgolyb.  I don't think she'd be that fazed by a single tuna or whatever.

yes

#mynumerounohomestuckfannonpetpeeve 
    Feferi's actually a pretty interesting character in principle: An extremely empathetic, compassionate character with a rather dark utilitarian streak and subtle hints of legitimate ferocity. The problem is that she really gets no development after a certain point; it says something that Equius and Dirk's Auto-Responder receive more dynamic treatments...
    I've heard it said before that Feferi seemed to be a window-dressing character, one that isn't terribly important to the story, but hey, she's cute! 

It seems like the whole thing with the dream bubbles was an attempt to make her relevant again (beyond getting killed by Eridan), but really, we haven't seen any dialogue from her since Act 5 even though she's made a few appearances in the bubbles, and the only important thing any of her variants have done since is healing WV.
  • edited 2013-11-18 11:26:33
    “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Admittedly, healing WV was sort of important, in that his presence on the meteor later is subtly relevant. But yes, she did sort of get shafted. Granted, she and Nepeta do subtly influence Roxy's arc in sprite form, but that's a bit like saying that Cronus gains depth from Aranea's info-dumping: True, but not especially satisfactory.

Ditto Nepeta, of course, and Sollux to a lesser extent. I really hope that them running off comes to something amusing/relevant in Act Seven...
    Another thought I had the other day: I get this feeling that Elevatorstuck is going to end up being like "Eight Melodies" in MOTHER.
    ^ Explain.
    Well, the heroes sing that song at the very end of the game to defeat Gyiyg.
  • edited 2013-11-18 15:21:40

how homestuck should end
    ^^ & ^ ...YES.
    Also, I skipped ahead a bit to (re-)read A6I4, and Hussie trolling Caliborn is the best thing ever.

Pre-ordered Namco High.
    Everybody has probably noticed this by now, but somehow it only occurred to me recently, but I only realised these two things semi-recently: The second strongest resemblance that any given post-Scratch troll bears to the dancestors is to the one from which they inherited their class (whether obviously or subtly); and that the only two trolls to bear both a class and an aspect not shared with a human player are Sollux and Gamzee. The latter is a bit obvious, but the former is kind of interesting.
    Holy hell, Drunk Rose is hilarious.
  • edited 2013-11-28 02:28:18
    Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Curse you, gods of fortune and propserity!

Damn you, for you choose NOW to place all manner of wondrous things in front of me!

You chose NOW, when the belt is tight and there are bills to pay!
    Pretty much my reaction, too; I've wanted the Scalemates since the Kickstarter was announced, and I know at least one person (who isn't a Homestuck fan, but likes dragons) who wouldn't mind them, either...

I was hoping that the Tarot cards where available finally, but then I checked the link and their where no Tarot cards but then I typed "Tarot" into the search box and looked for Tarot cards.

Long story short, I bought these.
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    I already have those cards.

Y'know what's great? Fiction-themed tarot that doesn't FUCKING MAKE UP CARDS

Y'know who does that? More than I'd have thought, but less than I hoped.
  • I already have those cards.

I'm not sure I get what you're saying here.
  • Also.
    1) Beta Kids Vinyl Figurines! 
    :D
    Kexruct said:

He means that a lot of fictionally-themed tarot decks use cards that are not in the original tarot rather than assigning the characters or things to actual cards, which can be annoying because it prevents the deck from being used, whether for play or cartomancy.

There are amusing examples, granted: The Edward Gorey Tarot is all nonsense cards with absurd meanings, but that's because it's Edward Gorey.

O_O
  • Kexruct said:

He means that a lot of fictionally-themed tarot decks use cards that are not in the original tarot rather than assigning the characters or things to actual cards, which can be annoying because it prevents the deck from being used, whether for play or cartomancy.

There are amusing examples, granted: The Edward Gorey Tarot is all nonsense cards with absurd meanings, but that's because it's Edward Gorey.

Yeah, I got that much I was just wondering if he meant Homestuck did or didn't do that.