sunn wolf talks about the world cup

12346»

Comments

• imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    aw tits :(

So that's Brazil through to the semi final.

My only hopes now are that Costa Rica beat the Netherlands, that Brazil do not win, and that Germany suffer an absolutely humiliating defeat before the cup is over in which they suffer and no amount of play acting will save them.

None of these things will happen, of course.
  • edited 2014-07-05 05:23:26
    the final will be germany v netherlands or something intensely boring like that
  • also that was a cracking game. matches involving the European nations are boring

also that David luiz free kick phwooaaaar
  • at least neymar is injured
    all jokes aside that was a really scummy foul on Neymar, and it sounds as though he's injured pretty bad

i'd feel a lot more sorry for Brazil if they hadn't done everything in their power to put Rodriguez out of action, mind

presumably we'll see the same tactics directed at Messi if Brazil play Argentina in the final
  • edited 2014-07-05 12:07:59
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    "there were one or two feisty challenges yesterday"

you don't say, commentator
    First goal by Argentina. And... it's not Messi???

And what a goal it was.
  • ya it started thru Messi effortlessly skilling 2 belgian defenders but credit to higuain that finish was damn tasty
  • edited 2014-07-05 12:11:06
    Damn tasty.  Yes.
  • belgium are really boring and need to unleash the lukaku
  • edited 2014-07-05 13:55:09
    Those last 5 minutes were unexpectedly tense, weren't they?

But no real last minute surprises.
  • belgium were much better when they had unleashed the lukaku but still were not that good. heard a lot of comparisons of their 'golden generation' to england's 'golden generation': very talented individuals who never really cohere, always look slightly laboured as a team and crash out in the quarter finals

argentina have started playing reasonably well. apparently aguero getting injured was the best possible thing for them
  • edited 2014-07-05 14:06:25
    Apparently.

Actually, I'd sooner see them in the final than Holland.
  • argentina - brazil final and in the final minute of the game messi dribbles the entire length of the pitch and scores to win the cup and the entire nation of brazil literally explodes like neymar's vertebrae
    YES
  • my only preference is for costa rica to win everything and if not for brazil to get as far as they can because it makes the atmosphere better i guess
  • edited 2014-07-05 14:23:47
    Costa Rica winning everything would be so, so sweet, but i just don't see it happening.

And yeah, I should like to see Brazil play in the final.
  • i have a vision. a vision of RVPs hamstring exploding. a vision of arjen robben being booked for diving. a vision of a slightly clunky dutch defence up against a team who have showed some real attacking invention. a vision of joel campbell scoring some 30 yard screamers. TICOS FOREVER
  • dutch are having the better start here. they look the better team right now
  • tactically, a good half for los ticos

also Navas owns so much
  • hahahahaaaaaaaa van persie
  • 0-0. it's gone to extra time. last few minutes were crazy intense

i still believe

VAMOS TICOS
    well

that's that

good bye Costa Rica

you did good
  • rich coast you were my favourite team, rip. the dutch were too good at penalties
  • (and the better side overall)
  • rip Brazil

neymar died and thiago silva died and you died
  • that was incredible to watch but also kinda sad and i wish it had been a competition for more than 10 mins

7-1. christ
  • I kinda got the impression Germany were holding back after a while, not wanting to keep sticking the knife in too hard.

Brazil can't lose 2 players and survive, WTH?
  • maybe in the first half germany rolled it back a bit after the fifth. perhaps not out of pity but out of 'we might as well go a bit more defensive now since we've won the game and crushed them in the space of 19 minutes.' they were countering every chance they got in the second half

they could've had neymar in that game and he wouldn't have made a blind bit of difference. the problem was the defence. there was no shape. marcelo and luiz were charging forward and not tracking back, leaving massive spaces, it was awful defending. Maicon was bad too but Maicon has been bad for a few years - though i think playing Alves instead wouldn't have helped the situation, he'd have been charging forward too.

the reason Ghana did so well against germany is they stayed disciplined, stayed rigid, kept their shape. they had a system and kept to it and germany struggled with it. brazil ran around like headless chickens for half an hour and let in five. almost the most important thing in international football is not how talented your players are but how you fit them together. germany played as a team; every goal was unselfish. if you look at the brazilian defence, they were all trying to charge into tackles and attacks as individuals without looking where their teammates were. that was the difference
  • this game is p rubbish and i hope germany wins the final
  • this game is going to remain 0-0 and go to penos unless Messi does A Thing

van gaal will try his 'subbing Krul on' thing again and it wont work and argentina, despite being shite, will go thru to the final and also get beaten 7-1 by germany
  • Germany showed a few weaknesses yesterday, though that could have simply been "we're up by 5+ goals" loafing.  A good team could exploit them.
  • yeah i can see, for instance, the speed/skill of a messi or a robben causing germany's somewhat slow back line a few problems

based on how germany played in the last match and how the two teams in this game are playing, tho, germany have to be the favourites
  • mascherano <3

this game got sort of interesting. hopefully it goes mental in extra time like a few of the other knockout games did
  • im looking at super mascherano's awesome bald head and remembering that completely absurd season when he sat on west ham's bench a lot and we nearly got relegated, good times
  • intriguingly it appears maxi rodriguez is still alive, cool
  • interesting fact: Krul has not come on, and holland's keeper Cillessen has never saved a penalty in his career

now would be a good time to start
  • lol who let Aston Villa Superstar ron vlaar take the first peno
  • argies gon' win this
  • sunn wolf said:

argies gon' win this

and they did

looking forward to germany beating them 3-1
  • tonight is the world cup final, between that country we beat in one war and that country we beat in two wars. it's going to be good and cool and Germany will win even if messi does A Thing.
  • germany won with a pretty good goal from tiny, tiny man Mario götze

messi did not do a thing

gg deutschland tbf you had the best team and played the best

see you all in 4 yrs

• THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Mario goatse