The Landfill of the Heapers' Hangout (contains Fossilmaiden's Punnery)

Comments

• edited 2016-06-23 19:00:39
    Well the art of Asterisk War looks nice at first glance, though I didn't give it more than once glance.

I've generally enjoyed a sort of generic anime art style.  I'm not really looking for experimental art styles.  I don't mind them per se but I take them all on a case by case basis.

As for the show, I've had enough experience to know that just because a show isn't well-written from a critical standpoint or doesn't strictly-speaking have good plot consistency doesn't necessarily mean I won't enjoy it, though, because I tend to let my imagination and emotion get into things which allows me a lot more ability to enjoy something.

"harem" and "tournament" are bigger turn-offs for me, actually.
  • Incidentally I know even less about Mayoiga.  At least with Asterisk War I have some mental pictorial representation of it.
  • edited 2016-06-23 19:04:06
    Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Well my point with that is that it's honestly a fairly cookie-cutter show, from art to all the girls throwing themselves at him to the action. Like, one-third of the first season is taken up by the Phoenix Festa, and a fair chunk of the second season as well before they move on to other stuff.

As someone who doesn't necessarily mind harem stuff, my bigger issue was with the lack of personality from the main girls (not that the supporting characters are much better). Also large boob jokes, no less about a 13 year old. Like I said, not very creative and certainly stuff I could see you taking issue with.

But, yeah, there you go.
  • edited 2016-06-23 19:06:55
    The premise of Mayoiga is about 20some people going to an abandoned village to get away from society.

Edit: ^ Not that I am one to berate those, like you, who like that sort of generic style. But it's definitely symptomatic of its issues, if you catch my drift.
  • Well to be fair I've only had one series I've actually truly dropped.  And it was one that I stopped watching by accident (other stuff happened in meatspace) and I just never got back to.  Though when I was watching it there were various points I wasn't enjoying myself but just kept going because the episode was still playing.

Aside from that it's either been stuff that I dropped because I didn't like what I saw at the beginning (e.g. Assassination Classroom, Humanity Has Declined) or stuff I watched all the way through.

I can't easily think of a comparable situation though.

I guess if I get too many boob jokes or such I'll probably just drop it after an episode or two.  I mean, I basically reacted that same way to the bits of Konosuba that I watched, as well as Witch Craft Works, as well as Vividred.

...actually Vividred I "dropped" after seeing the trailer lol.

I guess there's also the "this isn't very interesting" reason for dropping something.  I did this with Lucky Star, and probably would have done this with Yukikaze if it weren't just five movies.
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Heh, fair enough. I'd go to bat for KonoSuba, as an aside, though pretty easily see how its style of humor wouldn't be your thing.

I drop pretty frequently, and pick up pretty frequently too. I've been teased as having Anime ADD for a reason.
  • TBH if I were dropping things for little annoyances I'd have dropped Beyond The Boundary.

...which turned out to be an excellent story.  It just needed time to tell it; it needed time to go beyond first-impression reactions to the superficial traits of the characters.  And then it really started to shine.
  • But yeah we're talking about me as an anime fan, where I can enjoy Naruto not for its writing but for the fact that it has lots of neat jutsu that could make for an interesting SRPG.

(I did that for a while when a friend watched it.)
    Also @glennmagusharvey, the same woman who did the series composition for AKB0048 (which I remember you liking?), is also involved in the composition for Mayoiga, which might be of interest to you.
  • edited 2016-06-23 21:07:23
    "Series composition" or (music) composition?

Because music composition for AKB0048 was done by a Polish guy named Slavek Kowalewski.  Meanwhile, AKB0048's storyline isn't really its strong suit.
  • edited 2016-06-23 21:12:39
    Series, though I liked the music a fair bit.
  • Admission: $10.00 dollars/Children
  • context:

For more information email us @
    [e-mail address], or call
    [phone number]
    Admission: $10.00 dollars/Children
    under 5 yrs of age ENTER FREE.
  • ten dollars dollars per children
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    Crystal said:

Only 90s kids will remember the time the aliens from Gleep'Glorp came through that otherworldly portal and briefly, for 40 or 50 years, trapped all of humanity in an ethereal prison, and also forced us to produce energy for them, while we lived in a computer simulation of our ideal worlds.

futurama: only 2990s kids will remember
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    (pound that "this video contains content from" up your ass YouTube, you fucking sellout bastards)
    futurama but they're birbs

birbturama
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Richie Rich, the actual worst noughts and crosses player.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    @Fossilmaiden Richie Rich is American, so he's actually the worst tic-tac-toe player :P
  • Richie Rich is like Donald Trump, except not real and therefore much better
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Calica said:

futurama but they're birbs

birbturama

BIRB BIRB BIRBBIRB BIRB BIRB BIRB-BIRB-BIRB...
  • Radio talk movies but with sports instead of radio

Richie Rich is like Donald Trump, except not real and therefore much better

also actually as rich as he says he is, within the fiction
    also also, I'm pretty sure Richie Rich isn't a dick
  • lee4hmz said:

So, really, beyond the superficial qualities, he's not much like Trump at all.
    If there's any cartoon character that's like Trump, it'd be Montana Max from TTA. I wouldn't be surprised if he was directly modeled on Trump.
  • a haphazard, "anything goes" attitude toward the events that transpire therein
  • *the sound of someone smacking a church bell with an oversized foam glove of the sort distributed to sports fans, five times*
  • it appears that this house has been built upside-down
  • just because it would be funny
    A sheetening will not be postponed indefinitely.
    lee4hmz said:

He repeatedly uses his inventions to watch baseball without paying for tickets. :|
  • lee4hmz said:

He repeatedly uses his inventions to watch baseball without paying for tickets. :|
    so that means he invents the television broadcast
  • who's a bigger dickwad, joe arpaio or nigel farage?
  • unfiltered orange juice

unfiltered apple juice

unfiltered shitposting
  • hard difficult cider
  • terms that imi likes:

cleavage planes
  • mohs scale of mohsness
  • the mostly mozart scale of mostness
  • edited 2016-06-27 19:04:25
    "Most of his posts, by postcount volume, consist of the textual equivalent of throwing paint at the wall -- no, not just paint, and for that matter, not just liquids with pigment, and not even just liquids -- and observing the results, whatever they may be, good or bad, sense or nonsense, ethical or sketchy.  The political and the apolitical, the inane and the serious, the childish and the mature, the sacred and the profane -- everything is equal, for everything has the same meaning -- as building blocks for some greater meaning, or more accurately, a greater lack of meaning.  It is a mockery of meaning.  It belittles all the meaning it incorporates, grinding everything to a coarse dust at which point things no longer resemble their sources in form or function."
  • occasional sparks of brilliance randomly occur

some of these sparks produce brilliant flame wars displays of creativity

some of these sparks produce brilliant flame wars displays of creativity
    red color theme in magic the gathering
  • heapers' amida game on the logo
  • i could make jokes about lionel messi right now but it just seems mean

and besides i already did one
  • one is probably enough