The Landfill of the Heapers' Hangout (contains Fossilmaiden's Punnery)

Comments

• edited 2016-05-26 14:51:19
    THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    [plays the bonus stage music from Super Mario World]
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    corn, corn oil, and salt.

yeah, they're vegan, but they're still not good for you.
  • lee4hmz said:

corn, corn oil, and salt.

yeah, they're vegan, but they're still not good for you.
    things that are vegan and not good for you:
    poison ivy oils
    nightshade
    suffocation
  • steve & universe
  • Are you aware that you can put your emergency contacts on file so that law enforcement can notify them in the event of an emergency?
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    "Could we not say the novel/academic paper distinction is socially constructed?  If we are to claim Aragorn exists we must at least distinguish somehow between Aragorn the fictional person (who allegedly exists) and Aragorn the real person (who does not exist)."

i can't remember when or why i wrote this, or what i was getting at
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    i used to make lists of unfamiliar words i encountered, in an attempt to expand my vocabulary

sample entries: gadwall, croup, starbirth region, univocity, piggin, catchpenny, femtosecond, opera omnia, enteric, besom, crosstalk, kiss-me-at-the-gate, macroeconomy, floorwalker, viva voce

eventually i hit the point where the lists became unmanageable, and i never did memorize all the words
  • Should California even exist?
  • Should California even exist?

clearly they should not because they embarrass florida by being better
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    why not?
  • power girl puffs
  • FUCK YOU

I WILL ASK HOW MUCH THAT ROLLS ROYCE IS WORTH
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    You gotta let her meme herself.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Odradek said:

If I ever have a daughter, and that daughter starts a band, I am going to strongly urge her to name it Daughters Of The Cosmos.

And then she'll probably say "FUCK YOU DAD" and name it The Eliezer Yudkowsky Experience and play only Vaporwave Pearl Jam covers.

• FUCK YOU

I WILL ASK HOW MUCH THAT ROLLS ROYCE IS WORTH

NOT-FUCK SOCIAL CONVENTIONS IN THE NOT-ASS
  • edited 2016-06-12 16:29:50
    Y'know come to think of it "screwing" something is probably far more painful and injurious than "fucking" something.

Fucking is done using flesh.  Screwing is done using hard, metallic objects.
    The Five Geek Social Fallacies or Some Bullshit To Free You From The Burden Of Having To Think
  • Oh noes!  I was about to become a science for free...
    Tachyo vs Tachyon. Who shall particle harder?
  • Crystal said:

Tachyo vs Tachyon. Who shall particle harder?

a contest about who can do the things a particle can, better
    It will be a particlash.
    Shaming the sophist into silence
  • the impending presidential general election campaign in the united states is actually making me inclined to buy the undertale soundtrack
  • when the drank unleashes ur inner beast
  • edited 2016-06-17 05:34:20
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    * Connecting to www.heapershangout.com (50.116.54.139:6697)
    * * Certification info:
    * Subject:
    * CN=heapershangout.com
    * Issuer:
    * C=US
    * O=Let's Encrypt
    * CN=Let's Encrypt Authority X3
    * Public key algorithm: rsaEncryption (2048 bits)
    * Sign algorithm sha256WithRSAEncryption
    * Valid since May 3 18:55:00 2016 GM to Aug 1 18:55:00 2016 GM
    * * Cipher info:
    * Version: TLSv1/SSLv3, cipher ECDHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256 (128 bits)
    * Connected. Now logging in.
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.

Should California even exist?

there should be six californias
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    (there probably shouldn't, it's some ridiculous silicon valley dude's idea)
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    And it has all the hallmarks of "bigoted white dude's fever dream" on it, I'm sure.
    Raise your chicken nugget game.

"There are two kinds of people in this world, Mr. Potter," said Quirrell in a racist voice of colonialist imperialism. "There are the smart people who matter and the stupid people who shouldn't exist. The world rightfully belongs to the smart people who matter. It just so happens that most of these people who matter are white males, but that is in no way an indication of me being a white supremacist."

"YES, IT FUCKING IS!" I screamed in the anti-racist voice of Robert Mugabe.

"I would like for you and your friends here to be among the smart people who matter," Quirrell told us bourgeoisly in a sardonic voice of intellectual elitism. "We can only speculate as to what it would have been like if I'd been possessed by Les Wright when I taught you in your first year. Just imagine if you had been raised by Michael Verres and I taught you while being possessed by Les Wright. That would have resulted in a flawlessly intelligent story deserving of the Hugo Award. As it is, I have to work with you after your mind has already been polluted by bad ideas. Fortunately, the fact that you abandoned Dumbledore's libertarianism in favor of communism indicates a willingness on your part to change ideologies."

"I will not change ideology again!" I shouted bravely for the progressive proletarian people. "COMMUNISM IS THE CORRECT IDEOLOGY, YOU CONSERVATIVE NAZI!"

"When you were Dumbledore's wonder boy, you thought his ideology was the correct one," replied Quirrell in a responsively fascist way. "You changed your mind before, my young apprentice, and you'll be changing it again now."

• YouTube Poop: Where there's FUCK!, they pinch ASS!.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Whaaaaaaat.
  • I think it's a joke
    Still. That is so dA I am in actual pain.
  • edited 2016-06-22 06:39:37
    meow meow meowtherfuckers
    Spoiler:
    :D
  • edited 2016-06-22 17:21:20
    Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Only 90s kids will remember the time the aliens from Gleep'Glorp came through that otherworldly portal and briefly, for 40 or 50 years, trapped all of humanity in an ethereal prison, and also forced us to produce energy for them, while we lived in a computer simulation of our ideal worlds.
    Radical times.
  • edited 2016-06-23 18:11:52
    just now ran across a comment on HB saying that there's a lot of shitty anime

y'know all this creates is an impulse in me to watch some of that allegedly shitty anime to see for myself

thanks to all the complaining about it, i'm actually slightly more inclined to watch asterisk war than i otherwise would have been
  • edited 2016-06-23 18:14:23
    Steam Sale!
    ...or actually, more like, "oh right, it's a steam sale again, nothing hugely interesting, not even as exciting as a GOG or Humble Store sale"

things i definitely want

Castle in the Darkness -70% $2.99
    The Hurricane of Varstray -80% $3.19

things i might want but only if i squint hard enough

Beyond Eyes -75% $3.74
    Sideway New York -70% $2.99
    Dr. Green -80% $0.59
    The Oil Blue -75% $1.24
    12 is Better Than 6 -70% $2.99
    Squishy the Suicidal Pig -75% $0.49

this is gonna be hard to force $10 out of this

oh well i guess there's also looking through 36 Games I Probably Have No Interest In every day until july 4th

time to revive my thread on IJBM liveblogging this
    It honestly isn't worth it, not in general and not for your purposes either.

And I mean, there is... but in fair part due to anime being so much easier to find nowadays, so that line of discussions can all too easily lead to silly places. Not like it's anything special, anyway; that happens with all media.
  • i really ought to clean this mess off my table so i can use it again
  • Crystal said:

It honestly isn't worth it, not in general and not for your purposes either.

And I mean, there is... but in fair part due to anime being so much easier to find nowadays, so that line of discussions can all too easily lead to silly places. Not like it's anything special, anyway; that happens with all media.
    not sure what you mean by "there is", but anyhow what is it about asterisk war that you can specifically comment on? (just wondering since i don't know much about it)
  • where the fuck do i put fifty million staples
  • edited 2016-06-23 18:29:53
    Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    There is a lot of so-called bad anime, simply because there's so much out there, and not every anime is going to have cream of the crop production values or writing or so forth. I don't consider it a very controversial statement, or even bad for discussion, but it's also not personally very interesting.

And sure. It's essentially a harem tournament show, with the main lead's ostensible weakness - he's super-powerful but his sister chained his powers for unknown reasons - don't even end up mattering since he's at status quo or better after every fight. Ayato is also incredibly bland, being the stereotypical passive nice dude (except for when fighting is involved), but all the girls fawn over him despite his lack of a personality. Humor is essentially "Haha, she's/I'm so flat!" (Saya), "Oh Protagonist-kun allow me to put you in sexual situations that you run away from" (Claudia), and the standard tsundere main lead (Julis), who to her credit is easily the most interesting of the characters. All of them fit into predictable archetypes - such as Claudia being the fufufu so clever senpai - and don't stray much from that. The voice actors aren't bad, but can only improve so much on the uninspired setting. I watched all of the first season and the first episode or two of the second before dropping it, mind you. I guess the art is fine, but I consider its gloss to also be kind of uninspired.

Mostly I think, like, if you want to check out an anime that's popularly "bad," check out Mayoiga because that at least has better music, some camp to make up for the largely unlikable cast, and a sense of direction even if, to me anyway, it doesn't really do well in either of the two things it's argued as going for. Plus it's just one season.