CentraI Avenue's Road and Sign Babbling (btw Naney is a dork)

13»

Comments

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I always did find the y = sin x graph aesthetically pleasing...
  • edited 2014-03-06 18:14:44
    “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    I am Angie Bowie...

...NO.

*sine waves*
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    ^^ No.

^ Yes.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
  • edited 2014-03-06 23:00:51
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    from reddit, thought it worth sharing because lol

This car cut me off. I was mad until I looked at their license plate.

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I laughed.
    I understand the logic behind it, but it still amuses me: RIGHT TURN ONLY, EXCEPT SUNDAY
  • “I am a big dork who is a big dork” — Naney

OOOOOOOHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

D:
  • It's because there's a church there, right?
    I assumed it was because of lower traffic volumes on Sundays (fewer commuters), but the church might be part of it, too.
    My mother sent me some photos she snapped of an old overhead sign being replaced out on State Route 16:

Also, if that's where I think it was, this was the sign in question:

• what does the sign say now
    Dunno, haven't seen the new one yet

I'd imagine it says the same thing, though
    Saw the replacement one. The text is actually different.

It's like

JUNCTION
    I-270
    1/2 MILE

But with a shield instead of just text.
    August 2012:

March 2014:

I'll probably add a third picture once the signals are operational...
    The East Broad Street exit off I-270 now has no less than FOUR pairs of signs indicating which ramp goes to SR 16 westbound and which goes to SR 16 eastbound.

There are two pairs of overhead signs, one pair of signs mounted at the side of the road, and now even the gore signs have the directions on them instead of just the exit number!
    OK Perry
    who the fuck is Perry Rhodan
    I wanted to post the song "Perry Rhodan's Smoke-In Hallucination Theme" by Mandra Gora Lightshow Society but it's too obscure even for YouTube
  • when did you change your name

this isn't legal, is it

1L 0L

M
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Hmm...

I know it's a tractor, but from that angle all I can think about is 

Is that from a specific state or something? I think I've only ever seen the standard W11-5 in the wild...
  • edited 2014-05-30 21:23:18
    THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Nope, it's in the 2009 MUTCD, though I admit I've never seen it in the wild myself. Maybe it's just too bootylicious? 
    Something I'd never thought I'd see: numbered exits on State Route 315!

SR 315's exits have never been numbered before now...traditionally only Interstates got exit numbers in Ohio, but it looks like this is changing...

Oddly, the exits from Lane Avenue onward still lack numbers. I suspect this is because the signs north of Lane Avenue were replaced more recently and the 2010-era signs south of there haven't had number tabs retrofitted yet...
    Oddity: a "TO I-270" assembly posted on I-270's collector-distributor lanes. It's a bit pointless because there's a concrete barrier on either side of you and thus nowhere to go but straight ahead.

So why's it there? Well, before the I-270/SR-161 interchange was rebuilt in 2005 or so, there was a short break in the barrier to allow drivers from mainline I-270 to cross over to the C/D lanes:

The problem, of course, was that people would ignore the clear signs and pavement markings and cross over the wrong direction, going straight from the C/D lanes to I-270. Thankfully this was fixed with the later reconstruction, because yeah, it caused some accidents over the years.
    "What's an Ohio state route shield look like, Dylan?"

"I dunno, a circle?"

"Sounds good to me."

I remember coming across this intersection when all this construction was going on

Between the road and the hospital buildings, it felt like everything was under construction at once...reminded me of SimCity, somehow
    that was actually supposed to go in my personal thread but i guess it fits here too
    Things that always drove me crazy as a kid: Havens Corners Road in northeastern Franklin County inexplicably becomes Havens Corner Road when it crosses into Licking County.

At first I thought it was an error, but nope, Licking's signs consistently omit the "s".
    Apparently part of the reason Denver doesn't have a full beltway is concerns over radioactive contamination from the Rocky Flats nuclear weapons plant

Damn
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.

Things that always drove me crazy as a kid: Havens Corners Road in northeastern Franklin County inexplicably becomes Havens Corner Road when it crosses into Licking County.

At first I thought it was an error, but nope, Licking's signs consistently omit the "s".
    sounds like their sign designers need a licking
    It's named after the salt licks along the Licking River, if you're wondering
    moo
    Pet peeve:

So that "ONE WAY" sign, while accurate, shouldn't be there, because it implies that you can only turn right, when in reality you can turn left because the street to the left is two-way.
    Paging @lee4hmz for NONSTANDARD TRAFFIC SIGNS

"No parking weekdays 4 PM - 6 PM...Lane ends ahead, other times"

I get what they're trying to say--they're trying to discourage you from using the right lane when it's available for parking--but "lane ends ahead, other times" is such a bizarre way of phrasing it
    Looks like they were trying to cheap out of using a lane control box :P
    In Upper Arlington? That wouldn't surprise me. :P
    A World War II-era interchange on I-75 that was never rebuilt

This could seriously use some safety improvements