My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (Image-Heavy)

Comments

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    And they italicized it, as if to say "wink wink, nudge nudge"...
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    Huh, interesting that the Alicorns don't have "Earth" highlighted as well. I had assumed they where suppose to embody all the pony types, but I guess not.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    ^ I noticed that too. I figured they just simplified it for little kids, even though that's clearly not the audience they actually had in mind here.
  • I'm just here to gay the place up
    I want moar pony posting!!!
  • "It is a matter of grave importance that Fairy tales should be respected.... Whosoever alters them to suit his own opinions, whatever they are, is guilty, to our thinking, of an act of presumption, and appropriates to himself what does not belong to him." -- Charles Dickens
    "the Ponies teaming up with Snake-Eyes and Optimus Prime to explore a lost dungeon"

Kinda off topic, that reminds me how far back I am with IDW comics.

Considering how they just love to death their cross-overs, I wouldn't put it past them to actually do something like that.
  • I'm just here to gay the place up
    You will need Daring Do if you are gonna go pony dungeon crawling.

Jesus, the only thing stopping IDW from actually doing this is them probably not being aware of this conversation...

Granted, I think the devote a quarter to every meeting over their to figuring out their next cross-over.
  • edited 2012-07-16 18:56:38
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Hey guys

Season 3 teasers

• Confession: I don't actually like the FIM songs. The only in-cartoon songs that I can really stand are those in Phineas and Ferb
  • edited 2012-07-16 19:23:42
    Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    It's a little weird, but even though I've still only seen two episodes of the show, there is one bit from the announcements and rumors from Comic Con that fascinates me. Namely, the episode about Fluttershy turning into a dragon.

A good part of it is that it sets off my inner "Yay, dragons!" alarm, but I'm also curious about why and how this would happen.
  • edited 2012-07-16 19:27:13
    READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

They should do an episode where she transforms into a tree, and most of the episode is just a shot of Fluttertree.

At the end of the second episode (such epicness requires two episodes, natch) the other ponies change her back and Fluttershy goes into a deep depression.

The next few episodes are Fluttershy dealing with that depression.

...And now you know why Hasbro has a restraining order against me.

It's always fun to see something like this and know roughly when someone drew it. Funny, how in hind-site Twilight seems probably the craziest second only to Pinkie Pie. 

Also, just watched the videos up there.

I'm not really excited by the prospect of more songs, but whatcha going to do?
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    The songs are usually the most fun parts, IMO.

Although neither of those particular songs seemed that memorable to me.
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Oh, I'm so sorry, Yarrun.

I love all the songs.

It feels just wrong not to agree with Yarrun, to like something he doesn't like.  And to agree with Foria G, to like something he likes.
  • Not a hybrid rabbit-skink spirit
  • Doctor Who reference in Pokemon B2W2? Headcanon accepted.
    wow you're right

that OC looks too close to mine e.g. it has 4 hooves

TIME TO FUCKIN' SUE THE WORLD

hello world meet my OC, Desaturated Dash (OC do not steal)
    oh shit they even quoted me
    I haven't watched this yet, but I thought I should share that it exists

(2015 self)
    @Non-brony opinions: I fail to see anything unreasonable in that comment.

Are we to believe that just because it has a picture of someone yelling, it is unreasonable?

Also, is this a satire?
  • edited 2012-09-08 21:07:41
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    It's less that it's unreasonable, and more that it's needlessly dramatic and persecuted-sounding, and the speaker is in no position to tell other people to get over anything.  I assume it's satire, though I guess they could be actual quotes.  Most of them seem a little too overtly ironic to be genuine though.
    I'm about 99% sure that it's satire.
    (2015 self)
    Just because someone is in no position to say something does not mean that it does not mean to be said.

Also, just because an opinion is presented in a wrong, dramatic, persecuted-sounding way, does not have any effect on the validity of the opinion.

Maybe if I was a rational person, I would understand this.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Most of the submissions aren't serious.
    (2015 self)
    Then they should say that they aren't serious.
  • edited 2012-09-09 10:43:02
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    ^^^ Well, no, true, but it's a mickey take.  It's not meant to be a serious argument.

ninja'd

The screaming ponies didn't clue you in?
    (2015 self)
    Remember, I'm a stupid person.

I need things like this spelled out for me.

Screaming ponies could also mean that something is serious business.
    "Mickey take." Yet another expression that I wish people in my neck of the woods used
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    ^^ You're not stupid.  "Serious business" is implied here, but they're poking fun at that attitude, that's all.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Frosty said:

Everyone knows that the internet is serious busines! :D

SARIS BISNIS MOTHERFOOCERS
  • edited 2012-09-30 03:26:50
    READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

I take it Season 3 hasn't started since this is was so far down the thread list.

Disregard.

Also, I'm tired, so...shut up.

• edited 2012-10-18 10:23:47
    THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    "Today I learned that being disabled in a TV show is automatically offensive, and it's much better to pretend you guys don't exist."
    ...People are still going on about the Derpy nonsense, eh? Good gravy.
  • edited 2012-10-18 10:24:58
    THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    I spotted an error in my translation, and I fixed it. (YAY I ACTUALLY REMEMBER MOST OF MY HIGH SCHOOL SPANISH)
    ...Am I seriously the only person who didn't retain any of my high school Spanish? Hell, I only took the class because my parents demanded I take a foreign language...
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    I took it because there was a foreign language requirement at my high school, and I actually ended up enjoying it, too. By senior year, I was in honors Spanish III, which meant I was hanging out with a bunch of 10th and 11th graders who really liked me. 

See, the highest you could go there was Spanish V, but you had to start in 8th grade to do that and I couldn't because my horrible middle school didn't offer foreign languages.

I remember pretty much none of my High-School Spanish. 

SCANDAL!

....Huh...
  • "It is a matter of grave importance that Fairy tales should be respected.... Whosoever alters them to suit his own opinions, whatever they are, is guilty, to our thinking, of an act of presumption, and appropriates to himself what does not belong to him." -- Charles Dickens
    ^ I'm so confused right now.

I guess someone thought it would better if they where whales instead of ponies?