edited 2012-11-24 22:15:45 in General
  • Flat-screen CRT televisions
  • "Multimedia" phones with slide-out keyboards for texting

Comments

• “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Many, many computer-animated films.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    My 2002-vintage iMac G4.
  • MechWarrior 4: Mercs, Half-Life 2, certain Mercedes-Benz models.
  • Translucent plastic in electronics.

Anything at all inspired by The Matrix.
  • iPods.

The first iPod came out came out in 2001
  • Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
    Masters of Orion the Turd.
  • KJIKJI
    Yeah... yeah!!! hell yeah!!!
    Your face.
  • KJIKJI
    Yeah... yeah!!! hell yeah!!!
    Also, helvetica, DVDs and CDs.
  • Smee, Maiman, Doktar, Pavelier, Button-Lee, Juan Ovyu
    you're mum LOL
  • ^Your.
  • lee4hmz said:

My 2002-vintage iMac G4.

Any white Mac, for that matter.

Except the Mac mini, and even that is debatable.
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    Tools said:

^Your.

Welp. Tools pulled the grammar card.

It's official. 

She's a Heaper. 
  • Damn straight
  • you're mum LOL

who're you
  • edited 2012-11-25 15:22:57
    Smee, Maiman, Doktar, Pavelier, Button-Lee, Juan Ovyu
    dolan is finnish too :D
    t.finish mene expert (from know you're mene)
  • No, Dolan is, in comparison, quite tolerable.

• "Multimedia" phones with slide-out keyboards for texting
    I have one of those. Its like 2-3 three years old.

For that matter, flip phones seem rather dated now.
  • "It is a matter of grave importance that Fairy tales should be respected.... Whosoever alters them to suit his own opinions, whatever they are, is guilty, to our thinking, of an act of presumption, and appropriates to himself what does not belong to him." -- Charles Dickens
    When I think of things looking dated, my mind jumps to clothes, not electronics.

And there really haven't been distinct, datable fashions since the eighties. Nobody's going to be looking at family photos from the noughties and laughing that Mom and Dad's clothes are so 2005.
  • cant you tell that people in 10/20 years are going to stare at those shirts with the instagram-filtered prints and skulls and 'occult' things and latin writing and whatever, and also at maroon chinos, anything with an aztec/scandinavian pattern, those wolf hats, exaggerated big-framed glasses, etc etc and go 'haha its so 2010s!!'

admittedly that isnt from the 2000s, but still

• wolf hats will never die
  • "It is a matter of grave importance that Fairy tales should be respected.... Whosoever alters them to suit his own opinions, whatever they are, is guilty, to our thinking, of an act of presumption, and appropriates to himself what does not belong to him." -- Charles Dickens
    I want to see one of those otaku girls who wear wolf ears also wearing a Three Wolf Moon T-shirt.
    ^ Are there wolf pants?
  • Doctor Who reference in Pokemon B2W2? Headcanon accepted.
    Gilda said:

^ Are there wolf pants?

here's two, HAW HAW
  • edited 2012-11-26 17:46:46
    Doctor Who reference in Pokemon B2W2? Headcanon accepted.
    Texas, USA (AP) --  A former US Marine was awarded the coveted "Super-Slam Reply Of The Year" today, for his contributions on a TV Tropes offshoot forum. The award, totalling $13 million dollars and 12 Brazilian hookers, was presented to 
  • Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
    I want a stewards enquiry into that.
  • Motorola RAZRs.

And first generation iPhones.
  • Also, once the next generation of computers, the Internet or Disney Channel shows comes around (any of the three), Dog with a Blog.

Yes I know, not 2000s, but still. That show is not gonna age well.
  • Disney kidcoms look instantly dated due how how mind numbingly dumb they always are.
  • TreTre
    edited 2012-11-27 18:58:46
    Oi. Wizards of Waverly Place has actually held up rather well by comparison to the others.

Oh, and the older ones from Even Stevens up till That's So Raven. Hannah Montana onward, though... yeah, those just got stupider as we got older.
  • edited 2012-11-27 20:26:56
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Dog with a Blog

Fairly sure that Disney will have tossed it into the memory hole within ten years, like all of their television product that is at least ten years old
  • So, I saw the Disney channel a few months ago. They were showing clips of old Disney shorts with TOTALLY RADICALTM   commentary thrown in.

And all I could think was "why even bother with the commentary? The actual shorts are leagues better."
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Those "BLAM" things or whatever?

Those were stupid, yes.
  • Anonus said:

Fairly sure that Disney will have tossed it into the memory hole within six years, like all of their television product that is at least six years old

The level of turnaround time has gone down significantly.

The Disney Channel of 2009 (heck, of 2010) was completely different in programming than that of today, barring Phineas and Ferb (which, by the way, is the oldest show they have right now, having premiered in '09).
  • edited 2012-11-27 20:58:31
    I get kinda sad about Gravity Falls being on the Disney Channel because it feels out of place to me, I worry that it will be the next Dave the Barbarian (good show on the wrong channel) and get axed fairly quickly, and it will fall down the memory hole when it ends.

If Toon Disney were still around they'd rerun it there to fill time for another year or two but then it would vanish...
  • TreTre
    edited 2012-11-27 21:05:07
    Ah, Dave the Barbarian. I wish I realized how genius that show really was while it was still airing.

The crazy thing is, I was kinda iffy on Dave as a kid but I loved The Weekenders even though they were both by the same guy.

Gravity Falls, at the very least, has enough marketability that Didney can probably make a buck off of merch for it, which seems like their driving factor for keeping animation up there (although Fish Hooks seems to have escaped that, strangely enough).

Also I feel like the fans would totally pull a Kim Possible and get it renewed if it ends too soon.
  • If it's a good children's show, it is probably automatically a good show on the wrong channel.
  • TreTre
    edited 2012-11-27 21:09:02
    If it's a good children's show, it is probably automatically a good show on the wrong channel.
    Even Adventure Time and Regular Show, or are those not deliberately "kid" enough?

Honestly those two I could never imagine anywhere but Cartoon Network, especially since Nick passed on AT in the first place and RS is by a third-generation CN writer. (Robotomy, on the other hand, could have benefitted from a different network, or even just better support by CN. Adult Swim would've loved it, but they already have Superjail!, so.)
  • edited 2012-11-27 21:08:40
    I meant that it wasn't consistent with the Disney Channel brand. On almost any other show on there I have a feeling that Pacifica Northwest would be a protagonist, to give you an idea of it.

It feels like it should be on Cartoon Network instead (so did Dave, really).

^Robotomy...wish I'd watched that :/
  • I mean because all of the big three children's networks have completely screwed over great shows.
  • ^^ & ^ Ahh. 

That's understandable, then.
  • edited 2012-11-27 21:12:55
    ^^I don't remember Nickelodeon doing so...they knew that they had a gem in Avatar: The Last Airbender and they were willing to give it the time of day, for instance.
  • Not the third season, though.
  • Anonus said:

^^I don't remember Nickelodeon doing so...they knew that they had a gem in Avatar: The Last Airbender and they were willing to give it the time of day, for instance.

Two words. Invader Zim.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Oh, that. :/
  • Okay, just for convenience reasons I'm going to include stuff that'll look dated from modern times in general.

Ah, yes, this shirt, for instance. Subtlety is not the Birds' strong suit.
  • Not a hybrid rabbit-skink spirit
    I'm pretty sure that looked dated before it hit the shirt rack