post in this thread if you think naney is hot

Comments

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I hope they aren't.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    He's The Onion's political cartoonist...the quality of the art and the humor of the cartoons is leaps and bounds ahead of some real political cartoons in here.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    See, people keep saying that, but to be honest I think his art sucks.
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    I agree. I mean, I can appreciate that he's doing satire, but I really don't like his art.

I guess that might mean it's considered a "plus" in satire land, but I kinda disagree on the grounds that some satire strips with shitty art (SB&HJ) don't bug the crap out of me and I keep on coming for more, but I've never intentionally sought out one of these comics.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I don't like his art very much, but I've definitely seen worse from "real" political cartoonists.
  • Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

I'm starting to read Kelly's dialogue in the voice of the Flying Dutchman/Captain K'Nuckles

I worry that this is bad
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Why would it be?
    Subconscious shit
    How is Santa Claus seen in America (because I've seen a lot of comics painting Obama as Santa Claus)
  • As a fictional dude who gives kids presents.
    Naney said:

As a fictional dude who gives kids presents.

I see.

I'm not sure I understand what political point Wise is trying to make here.

If he had mentioned businesses or workplaces, I would assume it's a commentary about how people's freedom to smoke is being taken away...but he specifies homes. So...is he criticizing people for choosing not to smoke in their own homes? And if so, why?
  • Khelly is way better than Kelly.

• THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    That's something that's bothered me about the gun lobby since at least the Virginia Tech massacre: Why do so many of them believe that having a gun makes you Superman? Guns are still machines, and machines require training to use safely and properly. Not only that, but in a tense situation like a hostage crisis or a massacre, you have to be able to keep your cool, and I kind of doubt a lot of the armchair generals that write these cartoons get that.
  • That is a good point i think.
    Gary McCoy's art reminds me of David Feiss's style :/

Also you know, the "why didn't somebody else in Century 16/Sandy Hook have a gun" shit pisses me off

Nobody who isn't batshit insane brings guns to a movie or a school
    First off, is anyone else unsettled by the word "Habit" being the exact same color as Obama's flesh?

Secondly, the fact that Rose felt the need to underline "Bilbobama" amuses me.

That was a long harrowing journey just to make a an "Obama blames Bush for everything" comic.

Kind of like the Hobbit, itself. But instead of these memories of how I braved adversity and grew as a person, I just kinda want to punch myself in the head until I forget the whole thing ever happened.

...i dunno about racist, but certainly unjust

the black guy looks unarmed to me

if anything maybe he just got into an argument with someone who doesn't take well to being defeated

that mantis...gotta watch out for Zorak, he's probably got a gun
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Naney said:

That is a good point i think.

The problem is that it's a strawman, given that the NRA's formal positions on gun ownership are just as radical and absurd.

However, if we're going to tackle the cartoon on its own terms, let's think of it this way: The police and the military are volunteer services, made up of citizens who have sworn to protect and serve their country. If told to act violently against civilians in their own country for purely political reasons, the vast majority would balk and refuse, if not revolt outright. Furthermore, I am far more willing to trust someone that is under obligation to use their weapon judiciously than someone who collects such weapons for the hell of it.
  • edited 2013-01-12 05:31:26
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    ^^ First two panels reference Resident Evil 5.  That guy is dangerous, armed or no, hence the red eyes.

TBH that game was pretty insensitive.  A lot of the imagery had very strong colonial overtones, though i can believe it was unintentional given cultural differences.
    I'm not familiar with the RE games, all I know about them is that Screen Gems likes to churn out endless movies based on them

There did appear to be controversy over said colonial overtones, now that I've looked on Wikipedia.

Change is bad apparently.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Justice42 said:

I've loved this cartoon for a very long time. It's nice to see it brought up now and then.
  • ~*tasteless*~
    大學的年同性戀毛皮

aaaaa

whut
    It's presumably claiming that the media is essentially a mouthpiece for Obama

Why the author chose to riff on Django Unchained I don't know
  • ~*tasteless*~
    大學的年同性戀毛皮

aaaaa
    I'm assuming it was just convenient as otherwise they had no popular recent Black media to Obamafy to get their point across, and also violent_black_guys.
  • Doctor Who reference in Pokemon B2W2? Headcanon accepted.
    I have a few favorites

• i think you have missed the point of this thread
    Naney said:

i think you have missed the point of this thread

naaaaaaah
  • ~*tasteless*~
    大學的年同性戀毛皮

aaaaa
    This thread had a point?
  • I have a few favorites

Why does one of them just say "Green".

I mean if you're going to make fun of a bunch of political viewpoints you might as well go full horse and make them all insulting.

No idea what "green" stands for, maybe it's some Sierra Club nonsense

I'm also wondering what the GOP and WHO on the lower right side is supposed to mean
  • ~*tasteless*~
    大學的年同性戀毛皮

aaaaa
    I know GOP is a buzzword for the repub party and WHO is the world health whatever, but I have no idea what they mean together.

Or maybe it's like "GOP who?"
  • No idea what "green" stands for, maybe it's some Sierra Club nonsense

I'm also wondering what the GOP and WHO on the lower right side is supposed to mean

I assumed it was like, you know, going green

environmentalism.

But that's like

not an insult. 

• edited 2013-01-15 02:55:24
    ~*tasteless*~
    大學的年同性戀毛皮

aaaaa
    I guess it's because a lot of people equate enviromentalism with "those gotdamn dirty hippies".
    Anonus said:

Because Black Man

Anonus said:

Because Black Man
    Django has a lot of people upset, partly because of Jaime Foxx's comments and also because its SWPL entertainment in its most distilled form

I think it's fair to say that when you've resorted to mocking the guy's signature, you're scraping the bottom of the barrel.
    I dunno, that middle one is kind of clever
This discussion has been closed.