post in this thread if you think naney is hot

Comments

• THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Heh, funny you should bring that up; I used to use the FreeBSD equivalent of that error -- "Fatal trap 12: page fault in kernel mode" -- when I was shocked or upset by something years ago.

In any case, nowadays I would have used 

• Naney said:

i feel this belongs here

it is also fairly surreal and you should watch it
    It's in the education category.

• READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    I guess Obama is as ill equipped to "tackle" the economy as he is to play football? Either kind?
  • edited 2013-02-01 11:50:31
    “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Well, tackling, football...

It's almost clever, but somewhere along the line he screwed up on some fundamental level and just made it ridiculous.
  • The sadness will last forever.
  • Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
    This is the Republicanest thing I've ever seen.

no
  • Every time I look at this picture I find something funny.
  • Not a hybrid rabbit-skink spirit

what
  • BEHOLD THE GLORY THAT IS WHITE JESUS
  • omg that dude is holding the five thousand year leap

im dying
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    You gotta love the Supreme Court decisions strewn about the ground, among them "Roe v. Wade" and "Brown v. Board of Education"
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Oh wait, "Everson v. Board of Education"

Fuck you, I'm nearsighted
  • edited 2013-02-04 23:30:15
    i think in that case the artist just googled "famous supreme court cases" and thought: supreme court rulings=government=thing i hate
    They seem to be vaguely related to things the artist would dislike, at least...Everson v. Board of Education reaffirmed a strict separation between church and state, Roe v. Wade upheld abortion, Gibbons v. Ogden established the federal government's right to regulate interstate commerce... 
  • scratch my statement from before

it would be republicaner if Jesus was holding a gun
  • I love the expression on Harriet Tubman's face. She doesn't seem to like what's going on at all.
    Kex: Then we could just call him Zardoz and be done with it. :lol:
  • re that Jesus painting: Note this.
  • oh my god the hover-over commentary is the best
    ^^ I can't decide if that makes it better or worse.
  • oh it makes it so much better

i mean

Jesus Christ: He basically looks like Aaron Eckheart. You know, that guy who played Two-Face and the smoking guy? this is what jews looked like in the first century.

spinor said:

re that Jesus painting: Note this.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought Emperor Palpatine  snuk onto the painting.

Also, at first I was like "Hehehe, ShortPacked reference" then I noticed it was from the Short Packed dude, and then it was less funny. 

Spoiler:
    The joke is about Princess Di conspiracies

• “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Regarding the insane Republican Jeebus painting: That black dude on the left is holding a copy of The 5,000 Year Leap. Doesn't he realise how tremendously racist that particular strain of Mormonism is?
    Oh wow, are we dealing with FLDS types here? :P
    Okay, so I'm reading that book's Wikipedia article, and good God, there's enough American exceptionalism in here to make a whole flock of bald eagles cry. The SPLC article about the group who published it is even scarier.
    Yeah, Skousenites are terrifying.
    Not only would their beliefs, if implemented, have done exactly the opposite of what they expected (massive poverty and a real possibility of being simply bought up by foreign interests instead of just idle chatter about it), they're also based on incredibly faulty beliefs. They're hoping for the world to end so they can go be the big heroes? Well, guess what? The world ends yearly, if not more often, for certain people simply due to weather conditions. And I don't see these cheeky bastards lifting a finger to help then!
    Not to mention that they try to combine the least feasible elements of multiple heterogeneous ideologies, most of which are anathema to how even the vast majority of Republicans view constitutional law, let alone everyone else. It's like they're trying to cross hardcore Mormon doctrine and pseudo-Rothbardian minarchism with the charter of the Iron Guard, minus the Jew-killing... maybe.
    That was my first clue that these people were kind of nuts...it seems like a common far-right thing to wave around the Constitution as if it's some justification for their actions. They seem to have forgotten (or, more likely, are consciously ignoring) that the US legal system (and the English common law it's based on) isn't a codex and doesn't work like that.
    lee4hmz said:

That was my first clue that these people were kind of nuts...it seems like a common far-right thing to wave around the Constitution as if it's some justification for their actions. They seem to have forgotten (or, more likely, are consciously ignoring) that the US legal system (and the English common law it's based on) isn't a codex and doesn't work like that.

But but the Constitution is infallible and gunz n shit
    Exactly. They pick and choose the parts they like, and prefer to ignore the parts they don't.
  • What I've noticed recently is that oftentimes people on the far rift completely ignore problems until they affect them.
    More on the far right, really; the far left has almost no bearing on modern politics whatsoever.
  • I meant far right. Autocorrected.

• silly justice that's not a pltiodcetl crarautn

It probably is in the Rifts universe.

Giant eyes with tentacle mouths are all chuckling and going on about cyborg ninja wizards trying to steal their jobs and how the Hurthghf'thragth party is just going to let that all happen.
    Those Hurthghf'thyrrh bastards! They know nothing of the needs of the common z'rda!
    Hurthghf'thyrrh

It's like someone talking with their mouth full
  • The Hurthghf'thyrrh, foul minions of Garshtoshteles!
  • edited 2013-02-26 15:36:09
    My teacher showed a politcl cartun in class yesterday. I can't find it, but it showed a donkey, obviously representing the Democratic party, wearing boxing gloves and a suit with the words "STATUS QUO" on it, standing triumphant over an elephant with the word "CHANGE" on its chest.

A student in my class, obviously ignorant on the counts of both politics and humor, claimed that it was funny because its true. My teacher agreed.
  • edited 2013-02-26 15:47:30
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Honestly, that alone seems so vague as to be effectively meaningless. I'm sure you could find something the Dems support that could be considered "status quo"...Roe v. Wade's been a thing for 40 years now, for example.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    would this have been good change

also, I wonder what reaction this would elicit in a Denver school

Denver is pretty much the only reason that Colorado is a blue state; Colorado Springs is a haven for conservative Christians and Grand Junction is apparently like a KKK meeting.
  • Anonus said:

would this have been good change

also, I wonder what reaction this would elicit in a Denver school

Denver is pretty much the only reason that Colorado is a blue state; Colorado Springs is a haven for conservative Christians and Grand Junction is apparently like a KKK meeting.

What about Boulder?
    Big cities always tend to lean way more liberal than the surrounding state, really.

Another example: Atlanta
  • republicans exist in large amounts in other places
This discussion has been closed.