Okay, can I just have some consensus on this?

13»

Comments

• Blue raspberry flavor is a common flavoring
    for candy, snack foods, sweet syrups and soft drinks. It is more
    commonly used in the United States, as a sweet flavoring. The flavor
    originates from Rubus leucodermis, more commonly known as the "Whitebark Raspberry" or "Blue Raspberry" for the blue-black color of its fruit.[1]

Food products labeled as Blue Raspberry flavor often contain a bright blue food coloring,[2] the most common being Brilliant Blue FCF (although this coloring is not accurate to the real-life color of the fruit).

Well, that was simpler than i thought.

• imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    But seriously, why do these things matter so much to people?
    My arbitrary collection of phonemes is better than yours.
  • i wish to come up with a song lyric for this signature, but no song lyrics are coming to mind

Why are we here?

well, it seemed like a good idea at the time
  • Fouria G said:

But seriously, why do these things matter so much to people?
    My arbitrary collection of phonemes is better than yours.
    Can I borrow yours? Pweeeassseeeee? 8<
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Yeeeah...we're not gonna have a rule that says "you must refer to sport X as Y".

90% of the time, it's clear from context whether the person is talking about association football or American football, and the other 10% of the time, the problem is easily solved by simply asking "did you mean American football or association football?"

Same with the metric/imperial thing. It's not like there aren't plenty of tools that will convert the units for you even if you don't know them...hell, in Chrome, if you type "78F in C"  in the search bar it'll show you the calculated answer right there in the search suggestions!
  • Yeeeah...we're not gonna have a rule that says "you must refer to sport X as Y".

YOU ARE THE SUCKIEST ADMIN EVER

THE WORSTEST

IM GOING TO SUE YOU FOR EIGHTY BADJILLION  DOLLARS
  • Than can we at least have a rule that says we can't say "our name is better than yours?"
  • Kexruct said:

Than can we at least have a rule that says we can't say "our name is better than yours?"

But my name is better than yours.
  • i wish to come up with a song lyric for this signature, but no song lyrics are coming to mind
    My name has a questionmark, it's the bestest,
  • My name has a questionmark, it's the bestest,

your name is a poopoohead name
  • edited 2012-09-03 16:56:22
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

your name is a poopoohead name

so is your face

• your name is a poopoohead name

so is your face

Well...

YOU'RE MOMS FACE
  • My name is the same number of letters as what it means and it is arguably extremely ghetto fabolous so it is very clearly and obviously the best name to ever exist ever.
  • TUMUT CREW REPRESENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tumut
    @dividing by twelve is easier

What if the number isn't divisible by 3, because that isn't easy at all. Especially since dividing in the metric system is just moving a decimal. I'm sorry, but metric is just better.
  • Well, just think about it:

12: Divisible by 6, 4, 3, and 2

10: Divisible by 2 and 5

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Aside from the base-10 thing (which makes converting units as simple as shuffling decimal points), there are a couple other things about metric measurements that strike me as easier or better than imperial.

Temperature: Water freezes at 32° F and boils at 212° F. I'm sure there's some long-forgotten reasoning behind that, but it seems arbitrary and it's just one of those things you have to memorize. Celsius, on the other hand, is built around freezing point being 0° C and boiling point being 100° C. That seems more intuitive and memorable to me.

Distance: Most imeprial rulers have a scale of 1/8 inch or 1/16 inch. As a result, measurements tend to be given as mixed numbers--5 7/8 in., for example. I think we can all agree that doing any kind of calculation with mixed numbers quickly becomes a pain. Metric rulers tend to be measured in mm--that is, 1/10 of a centimeter--so if you have to calculate centimeters you can just use decimals.
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    According to my General Chemistry I class two years ago, the reasoning behind the freezing and boiling point of water being so weird is that Fahrenheit chose the freezing point of seawater to be 0° and his own body temperature at a particularly warm spot to be 100°.
  • edited 2012-09-07 14:44:45
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Kexruct said:

Well, just think about it:

12: Divisible by 6, 4, 3, and 2

10: Divisible by 2 and 5

Central Avenue already said it, but it's just shifting a decimal anyway. Plus, you don't get infinite repeating decimals when you divide by ten.

• Frankly, I don't see why this entire thing has to be a debate where the only two points being made are "Everything the Americans are doing is wrong" and "To each their own."
    "Everything the Americans are doing is wrong"
    Strawman much?
  • Yes, very much so.
    How to measure footballs in degrees Celsius, or something. I stopped paying attention a few miles back.
  • Oh.

Well truth is, you're all wrong. The only valid measurement system is in sqigglions. 

• Can...

Can someone just like, delete this forever?

• You can blank your own posts.
  • Can you stop being so self-judgmental? It's really, really fucking irritating.
  • Understandable, but giving me another thing to be self-judgemental about isn't helping.

• KJIKJI
    edited 2012-09-07 20:57:27
    Yeah... yeah!!! hell yeah!!!
    *~Portland Timbers~* 
  • KJIKJI
    Yeah... yeah!!! hell yeah!!!
    KJI said:

*~Portland Timbers~* 

Kex, your posts are coming off as a bit hypocritical.
  • KJI said:

*~Portland Timbers~*