New site announcements

Comments

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Done.
  • Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
    Do I even need to ask to opt in?
  • umm cocks?

Opting in.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Done.
  • Doctor Who reference in Pokemon B2W2? Headcanon accepted.
    opting in 
  • y'all legal ad-ults should go find a way to make the "seedy underbelly" of HH have a neon sign logo and stuff

Nah, I'm kidding. NSFW being hidden for me's probably a good thing anyway since that way I can go on here without worrying about stumbling upon TEH NOODZ. :P
    actually it's because all the Marines I know on Facebook toss around pictures of where they draw genitalia on everything

it's a Marine thing you wouldn't understand
  • That's not a marine thing, that's a totally-not-gay thing.
    completely not gay at all

• I'm a loser. Also, Creeper. And a woman.
    If I'm not already in, I want to stay in.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Done.
  • edited 2012-10-17 23:06:29
    Opting in.

v Sorry.
    Done.

(I would prefer future requests to be via PM, though)
  • Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
    actually it's because all the Marines I know on Facebook toss around pictures of where they draw genitalia on everything

it's a Marine thing you wouldn't understand
    Its not a marine thing because Martello who is in the infantry does it as well 
    Heads-up about the old site:

Vanilla's free service is shutting down on February 23rd, taking the old version of HH with it. If you want to save anything from the old site, do it now.

This also means that there will be no backup forum. If HH goes down at a peak time, your best bet for staying in touch is probably #trashheap or some other method of communication.
  • The sadness will last forever.
    ....That's terrible.
    ...you know, I could set up a backup forum on, say, ProBoards. Would anyone like that?
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I'd be cool with it.
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    Sounds good to me.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    I just registered there.
    Cool.
  • Anonus said:

...you know, I could set up a backup forum on, say, ProBoards. Would anyone like that?

me
    then sign up there
  • might wanna fix the mod partyhouse being not invisible

do we have a mod partyhouse? :(

No parties go on in there, despite the name

I didn't think that non-mods/admins could actually see the board if it were clicked on anyway
  • edited 2013-01-24 02:19:44

Anonus said:

No parties go on in there, despite the name

I didn't think that non-mods/admins could actually see the board if it were clicked on anyway
    LIES actually yeah it's p boring
    Before AU gave me admin access, I could see the board listed, but clicking on it threw up a permissions error.

I'd call that "close enough" since it seems like the only other option is to make it invisible to everyone including staff.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    So... how does one get a snazzy name with a space and capitalisation o'er there?
    You can just change your display name.
    And now I am Sredni Vashtar here and there. Huzzah!
  • The sadness will last forever.
    Dumb question but is this forum the free or paid version of Vanilla? I'm confused.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    This is the open-source version of Vanilla running on a paid server at Linode.
    Self-hosted.

The old one was created back when Vanilla still offered free hosting; about a year ago they disabled creation of new free forums and now the only way to host with them is to get a paid plan. Even then I saw this as the writing on the wall for the existing free forums there.
  • Smee, Maiman, Doktar, Pavelier, Button-Lee, Juan Ovyu
    I know this is pretty late but I'd also like to be opted to that NSFW thing, I think I made a thread on it
    Done.
    Is the emotional problems thread only visible after login? Because I really think that it should be.
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    That's what I said like forever ago. -_-
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    Or maybe there being a category that is non-public...
  • edited 2013-03-29 04:19:04
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Agreed. I've long wanted to do that, but kinda hesitated because it would mean creating a "members only" category and shoving it in there. But now that someone else has asked for it, I'm probably gonna go ahead and do it.

^^ Oh...I'm sorry, I must have missed that. >_<
    Alright, that's done. Right now I've set it up so only mods can make threads in "Members Only", because I'm not sure the other mods would want it to be a general-use thing or not and none of them are around to ask yet. :V

I'm pretty sure they'll be ok with the Emotional Problems thread being there, though, due to the sensitive nature of the discussion there.
    yay :)

But just anyone can hide their thread anyway if they make it nsfw. For example:

The Emotional Problems Thread (also, bonus schlong inside!)
    That's a very good point.
    :)
    This isn't earth-shattering, but today is our anniversary on this server!
    hip hip hooray