Why things suck: A scholarly treatise from the internet

13»

Comments

• THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Having concerns about life, not being able to express them well, then getting more frustrated because you can't think straight? That's autistic-spectrum, generally, a case of just not being neurologically mature enough to do it; OCD tends to be a symptom more than a disease unto itself in those cases. 

And yeah, rehashing happens a lot. I know I do it, because sometimes looking at things over and over will lead to something you missed, or at least that's what my subconscious seems to think.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    "
    Is it just me, or does this person tend to explain he thoughts well enough by sentence 3 or 4, and then everything else is just rehashing the idea until it's annoying?" That, massive leaps of logic and deriving universal arguments from personal opinions and feelings pretty much make up all of his writing here, yeah.
  • i wish to come up with a song lyric for this signature, but no song lyrics are coming to mind

I must wonder why Sheep Man uses electric clouds; is that related to being a sheep? :o Maybe it is because clouds look kind of like fluffy sheep? :]

Androids dream of electric sheep.

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    !
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    That's some Fridge Brilliance there, that is.
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    spacey: Oh, yeah! That's also the same reason the Mareep family from Pokémon is Electric type.
  • edited 2012-03-20 18:46:21
    Philip K. Dick would be amused, I think.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    "
    Since most of your brain is neurons feelings don’t really exist, and you’re just a neurological robot, that thinks. You think you have feelings, but what’s really going on is just what condition your physical body is in. If you’ve done something to make your physical brain happy and content its neurons, then you will think that you are happy. But really all you’ve done is achieved a healthier state of neurological stimulus. Or a different chemical balance in your brain. So you don’t need to say “I’m happy” you can just say “the chemicals and neurons in my brain are in the state that I happen to call happy”. I hope you don’t seriously think you’re happy when really you’re just chemically altered. The happiest you ever were was really just a disgusting mess of guck in your brain acting differently than it ever had before. I mean why does one mental condition matter as being better than another? It’s all biology. Your body is just a bunch of neurons in your brain which are now not moving around versus moving around. Your neurons don’t care if they are “happy”. All they do is send off chemical signals in your brain. In fact, your neurons are constantly rearranging themselves, you are never the same person you change all the time."
  • i wish to come up with a song lyric for this signature, but no song lyrics are coming to mind

Since most of your brain is neurons feelings don’t really exist

how does this

i don't even

• Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    I've heard the "everything you feel is just a chemical reaction, so it doesn't really matter" argument a few times here and there in the past. I don't buy it any more than most people do.
  • edited 2012-03-20 21:51:43
    i wish to come up with a song lyric for this signature, but no song lyrics are coming to mind

but how

even if it was just a chemical reaction in the brain, that doesn't render it meaningless or nonexistent

Disgusting mess of guck, your argument is invalid.
  • edited 2012-03-20 21:54:54
    ^^ This is what happens when you take seriously people who were never meant to be taken seriously.

Just ignore him already.

does this guy have something to prove

did an optimist kill his parents, or something

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Enough of this

Move on to the next crackpot
  • edited 2012-03-20 22:15:13
    READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

You cannot beat Emperor Norton in a cracpkpot off, he is simply the best there is.

• READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

• Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    I love how solemn and completely lacking in self-awareness Norton looks in that first panel.
  • Since most of your brain is neurons 

most of your brain is neurons 

most

most
  • edited 2012-04-17 00:33:32
    The user and all related content has been deleted.