Megaman

Comments

• What is his accent?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    ^^^Whose accent? Wily, Cutman, or someone else?
  • edited 2012-03-08 21:11:00
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    I don't really know much about the X subseries, so I couldn't tell you. All I really know is the music, some of the Maverick names, and the fact that I feel strangely sad for the shellfish Maverick from X6.
  • edited 2012-03-08 21:21:59
    To me, the X series is pretty good as long as I don't pay attention to the story. It's kind of a silly reason, but I don't like the story because I think not rebuilding at least copies of the Mavericks without the homicidal spirit of Dr. Wily as a computer virus (apparently) makes it more depressing than it should be.
  • edited 2012-03-11 16:01:12
  • edited 2012-03-11 16:02:24
    I'm not sure, but if you don't have them yet, ZX will probably be easier to find since that series was made more recently.
  • ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    The clip of Megaman stealing powers: Magnetman is an idiot
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    It seems Dr. Wily needs to work on his AI.
    He certainly does:

• edited 2012-03-13 21:27:50
  • edited 2012-03-13 22:38:56
  • Not a hybrid rabbit-skink spirit
    I want more Battle Network.

With the exception of 4, Battle Network was an absolutely fantastic series.
  • ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    ^^ Still a flaw with his AI if his programming locks him into doing the same thing over and over again if his target just goes to that one spot and starts jumping non-stop
    ^^^I would like to see more Battle Network games too, I will admit. Even though the only ones I've really played much are 3, 5, and 6.

That also reminds me of how a lot of people used to say they were going to make Battle Network 7 as a fangame. None of those projects seem to get completed.
    Well, 3 5 and 6 were some of the better games.

In my opinion, it goes something like

3/6 (they're both absolutely fantastic, I can't pick one)

2/5 (Also quite good, not nearly on the same level as 3 and 6)

1 (It was the starting point of the series, with some serious flaws)

4 (Utter shit)
  • TUMUT CREW REPRESENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tumut
    @Cutman

Well, Rock does beat scissors.
    I have to say, as much as I hate Battle Network 4...

It still had some pretty good music.
    Well, then. I just watched this video from a Megaman Let's Player I've been watching by the name of RoahmMythril with some bad news:

To sum it up, a high-profile fan of the Megas has recently been diagnosed with Stage 4 pancreatic cancer. I felt really bad about hearing this, but I'm not sure what I can do aside from tell you guys here in case anyone can help.
  • edited 2012-03-16 17:33:51
  • edited 2012-03-24 18:57:55
  • edited 2012-03-22 23:50:26
  • edited 2012-03-22 23:52:21
    New Mega Man fan here, coming through!

I personally enjoyed the Classic, X, EXE, Zero and ZX series.

8 was my least favorite of the Classic series, while probably 10 or 3 are my favorites.

X1 was hands-out my favorite while I think I didn't enjoy X5 as much. (What are you babbling about on X6 and X7? There are no such things. Capcom skipped straight to X8. Yup.)

BN3 is my favorite of the BN games, totally because it was my first one.
  • edited 2012-03-22 23:55:18
    Legends is...unique.

It's very, very different from the other games, but in my opinion it is also one of the best Megaman games out there.

I'd say you should give it a whirl.
  • edited 2012-04-15 07:59:16
    I kind of feel like playing one of the Legends games.

Of course, getting my hands on one of them is the hard part. =/
  • edited 2012-05-08 03:12:29
    We now return to SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT MEGAMAN

Megaman Legends is one of a few games that I'm curious to try but can't because I lack a Playstation. Alas.

I still want to try out Starforce, too.
  • edited 2012-05-08 13:24:51
  • ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    I just found out that you can get the Hadouken in Megaman X. There is a platform in Armadillo man's stage. Jump to your death four times and you get the Hadouken as a gift

It one shots everything, including bosses
  • edited 2012-05-09 01:48:01
  • ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    ^ That's what save states are for

And bah, I'm used to the regular Megaman, where all the bosses had man at the name

...I wonder if anybody has made the "Boss: Wo-man" joke on Heapers Hangout yet?
  • edited 2012-05-09 08:05:32
    And unfortunately, she isn't weak to Jewel Man's weapon.

She's weak to hornets.

• edited 2012-05-09 08:27:47
    Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."

For the first one, I think it's supposed to reference how Snake Man was meant to be a search and reconnaissance robot. Thus, his weapon would be good for seeking out the real Gemini Man when he splits up into two copies.

Though some of the others are a bit weird, admittedly.