Megaman

Comments

• READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    Maybe there's an Easter egg of the CEO beating on one of his game developers hidden in the game somewhere.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited 2012-02-28 18:06:47
    Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    It's weird, but I find myself liking Strike Man from Megaman 10 because he looks kind of like Air Man. I always liked Air Man's goofy but strangely cool-looking design.
  • edited 2012-02-28 18:15:58
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited 2012-03-01 09:48:28
  • edited 2012-03-01 09:54:11
  • Not a hybrid rabbit-skink spirit
    Megaman ZX does the same thing.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    SHUT UP MEGAMAN YOU'RE MAKING ME LOOK BAD IN FRONT OF THE SNOOOOOOOOORRRRTTTT INTERNET
    I think Battle Network 3 is still my absolute favorite Megaman Game.

But if we want to narrow it down to those with "classic" sidescrolling gameplay...Then I'm not really sure. I want to say either Megaman 9 or Megaman X.
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    There are also several Battle Network games that weren't released outside of Japan. Though one of them was basically Network Transmission with the Battle Network 2 villains, another one was pretty much exactly the same as Battle Chip Challenge, and another one was a remake of Battle Network 1 with the Starforce Megaman as an alternate character near the end of the game. So I don't know if you'd really count those three.
  • edited 2012-03-01 16:42:39
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    Yeah, the only one that was really its own game was Battle Network 4.5.

I still want to try out the Starforce games.
  • edited 2012-03-01 19:26:02
    I'd never be able to beat all the games in any Megaman subseries in one day. I'm not the best at platformers, so there'd be a lot of stupid deaths and PEW PEW PEW getting in my way.
    I'm reminded of the first time I saw Megaman 2. It was a video of someone clearing the Robot Master stages in just under half an hour. Taking that into account, 2 hours for both games seems pretty reasonable.
  • edited 2012-03-02 02:12:25
  • edited 2012-03-02 02:12:32
    I'm a pretty damn big fan of megaman myself.

Most of his games manage to be pretty damn good.

I don't care for the Star Force series, though.
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Be warned, some of the bosses in ZX will kick you to the moon and back if you're trying to get the best possible rankings.
  • so...like all megaman games since the ranking system was introduced?
    Yeah, pretty much.

The difference being that to get the highest ranking in ZX, you have to not hit their weak point. AT ALL.

So you have to aim your shots incredibly carefully, and if you miss even one and hit them where it hurts, you need to start over.

So...the game gives you a better score the more you suck?

I guess how I can see that would matter for the most die-hard of fans, but that's a pretty silly ranking system.
  • edited 2012-03-02 13:37:48
    Not a hybrid rabbit-skink spirit
    It is a very silly ranking system. Especially because it makes some bosses needlessly hard to get a level 4 victory.

One boss is a giant ape creature, that swings around on his arms. They're fucking massive, take up about 80% of his sprite, and are also his weak point.

So you have to chip away at his pitifully small head while he dashes about the screen and pray that a stray shot doesn't accidentally hit his arms.

This is why I never bothered with the level 4 victories.
    Fistleo is worse. Fistleo can go die. :<
    You receive an experimental cyber elf called Croire/Charité/Variable/Progress/Recrue/Nouvelle.
    You were supposed to get that at the beginning of the game.

There's a girl you can talk to in the hub who will give you your super elf.
    I thought you got that elf automatically. I guess not.

The different names give her different stat boosts. I forget exactly what they are, but I always thought Charité had the best ring to it.
    ^I find that scene particularly funny for some reason. Not sure why.

Though I find Dr. Wily's mannerisms in the cartoon downright hilarious.

MEGAMAN! THAT'S MY BUILDING! GIVE IT BACK!
    This is still my favorite scene from that cartoon.

Pharaoh Man doesn't take shit from anyone.
  • edited 2012-03-07 19:52:53
    Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    Oh, no! He's gonna blast President Lincoln!

• The best part is how much better his weapon is when he's not using it.

I love how Cutman's power seems to work at least 20 times better when Megaman uses it.
    And yet it took Kevin "Captain N" Keene 50 tries to get past his stage.
  • edited 2012-03-07 21:00:13
    He did admit it was his first time playing, but still.
    ...Holy shit.

He must have Murphy's blade. It actively refuses to cut anything unless it will harm Cutman.

There must be something about evil doctors that make robots. They always have the most incompetent ones do most of the dirty work.

I mean, look at Robotnik. Episode and episode of him having Scratch and Grounder fuck up left right in center, and he'd always have the back next time to fuck up.

It's like all these evil doctors who make robots are afraid of success.