Star Wars: The Force Awakens

1234568»

Comments

• For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.
    http://doodbog.tumblr.com/post/136840005349/tdro-doodbog-the-fact-that-reys-natural

Be sure to read all the way to the end of the post. I almost missed the punchline.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    I feel like some day, there's going to be a kid who's going to grow up with Force Awakens and end up liking the idea they create in their head of what the original trilogy was like better than the original trilogy.
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    That kid will be able to finish torrenting the original trilogy within an hour, no matter what happens. 

Not saying that what you feel won't come true, but that the material to do comparisons will always be there.
    MachSpeed said:

That kid will be able to finish torrenting the original trilogy within an hour, no matter what happens. 

Not saying that what you feel won't come true, but that the material to do comparisons will always be there.
    Point.
  • edited 2016-02-04 18:26:32
    For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.

Amusing/interesting article. Dude figures out how Finn, Rey, and Kylo Ren would be statted in the West End Games Star Wars d6 system, and how the most dramatic scenes are totally compliant with the stats and rules.

Most interesting part: he thinks Rey was drawing on the Dark Side when she beat Kylo Ren at the end.
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    I love that article.
  • edited 2016-02-05 04:12:37
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    So, Max Von Sydow's character, Lor San Tekka, was, in an earlier draft, going to be Wedge Antilles.

That would have been very sad, after Wedge survived so much in the movies.

(of couse, if Janson, as in "Good shot, Janson!" died, I would be sad, because I always got hyped because there are some Jansons back in my family...)
  • Aliroz said:

So, Max Von Sydow's character, Lor San Tekka, was, in an earlier draft, going to be Wedge Antilles.

I remember when I was watching the movie that I assumed based on his dialogue he was someone from the original trilogy. This makes a lot of sense.
    I mourn Porkins's death every day.
  • Know your lines? Of course you know your lines! But I don't want to just hear your lines...I wanna hear what's in YOUR SOULS!!
    I miss Biggs. 
  • BeeBee
    edited 2016-02-05 18:09:28
    Wedge doesn't really make much sense as a backwater loremaster.  He's too...active.

Maybe I just loved the Rogue Squadron books too much.
  • For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.
    I don't like the idea of bringing a character from the originals back just to kill them. (Killing Han only worked because he did more in the movie than dying, and because of the blatant Obi-wan parallel.) So inventing a completely new character for that role was the right decision.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    whoever that is has Watterson's style totally down.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I know!
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Apparently he's one of the artists at Disney.

He also has a DA.

• ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    Okay, i must be five years old or something, because "your first order is to take a bath" made me giggle like an idiot.
  • same????????
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    Unrelated:  I just watched A New Hope, and Leia is kept in Death Star Cell Block 2187.  Suddenly, FN-2187.