is it pronounced "gif" or "gif"

124»

Comments

• imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    . . . also, yes, 'gif' is not a word i say very often, and it probably wouldn't be that hard to change how i say that particular word, and i got kinda worked up and i'm sorry.

i still don't see why i needed to be insulted for it.
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    "Gif" doesn't belong to you. It isn't yours, and it's not your fight.

Your feelings matter, but they don't tell you everything.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

On the other side of the coin: Why should only your feelings matter?

1. Obviously I am going to only consider my feelings, the same way that any one person considers only their own feelings.

2. Even if we were considering everybody's feelings, I'm the only one who seems to feel strongly one way or the other.
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Why do you feel the need to fight for this? Why do you need for things to be this way?
  • edited 2015-12-02 19:34:48
    image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Glenn McCoy's interpretation of his work is that he's a comedic paragon who sees the world as it really is. Your interpretation of his work is that he's a raving asshole.

1. Obviously I am going to only consider my feelings, the same way that any one person considers only their own feelings.
    ...You know what? Forget it.

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    MachSpeed said:

Why do you feel the need to fight for this? Why do you need for things to be this way?

Because I pronounce it with a soft g, and I need to show people I'm right.

I have the creator of the format on my side, but people are willing to disregard him and go with whichever pronunciation is more popular.

I can't support descriptivism if it means my favored pronunciation loses.
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    Once again, your entire argument is based around what the creators want, yet you fully admit that you don't care about what the creators want if it's not what you want.

These thoughts do not go together.

Even if we were considering everybody's feelings, I'm the only one who seems to feel strongly one way or the other.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

alright, i'm done too

Oh, come on! What's wrong with that?
  • kill living beings
    94 new
    you don't

fucking

you were the one talking about basic respect

just

argh

i said i was done, i'm done

94 new

I saw 48 new when I peeked back in after doing some schoolwork, myself.
  • kill living beings

Oh, come on! What's wrong with that?
    people are not uniformly sociopathic

I don't like talking to you like this because these are things I refuse to believe you don't already know

well maybe we'd be better off if they were
  • edited 2015-12-02 19:42:00
    Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    One, you can't accept our arguments, and ignore them. Fine, whatever. These things take time.

Two, you assume everyone only considers only for themselves.

Three, 94 new means that yes, people other than you feel strongly about it. Honestly, can you read tone at all, or do you just not want to today?

Four, you don't get to play that card. That card right there, the post right above me. Not now.

I'm done too. It's the stupid hours of the morning, and I should sleep.

• Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.

i think that's called libertarianism, centie
  • meow meow meowtherfuckers
    Calica said:

i think that's called libertarianism, centie
    eeeeeey
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    that or ayn rand
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Central you're digging yourself into a hole again.
    ...Am I seriously expected to believe that people genuinely care about other people's feelings instead of just pretending to care about other people's feelings to make themselves look good?

...Am I seriously expected to believe that people genuinely care about other people's feelings instead of just pretending to care about other people's feelings to make themselves look good?

Yes!
    Very much yes!

When I make people feel bad I feel bad!
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.

What the fuck is wrong with you?

the line gets blurry sometimes and i think a lot of people have this conflict within themselves but

yes? yes. this is a thing that happens. 
  • kill living beings
    yea

come on I am the most raytheistic person I know, I think of everyone as skin puppets and talked about Nazi psychology this morning, and I still think empathy is real. jeez
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    this thread has gone into strange places

strange, scary places
  • kill living beings
    just what a skin puppet would say
    I don't have skin, motherfucker.
    Epitome said:

the line gets blurry sometimes and i think a lot of people have this conflict within themselves but

for example, right now i feel bad for Jane, who is going to sign in and gets notifications for this thread >_>
  • kill living beings

then how do you explain tits #truth #owned
  • empathy is definitely real, i can tell because i run out of it sometimes and turn into a really nasty horrible thing

(*shudders*)

empathy is definitely real, i can tell because i run out of it sometimes and turn into a really nasty horrible thing

(*shudders*)
    yeah when you put it that way...that seems to be where i am right now >_<

sorry
    Tachyon said:

Epitome said:

for example, right now i feel bad for Jane, who is going to sign in and gets notifications for this thread >_>
    ...shit

then how do you explain tits #truth #owned
    damn, you're good

anyway, everybody needs to chill out, yo
  • i dont know if there's a word for that, its probably some specific disorder but i dont like self-diagnosis or trawling through wikipedia reading about psychological problems
    Tachyon said:

Epitome said:

tbh if this were anyone else i would have closed the thread by now but I worried that since I was the one doing the arguing it would come off as me trying to shut down people telling me I'm wrong
    imo lock it

but kinda ditto at this point
This discussion has been closed.