The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I don't see why not.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Did anyone else, as a kid, have the problem where you would learn new words through reading, then have no idea how they were supposed to be pronounced?

When I saw "tyranny" as a 6-year-old I just assumed the first vowel was a long I sound...
  • Did anyone else, as a kid, have the problem where you would learn new words through reading, then have no idea how they were supposed to be pronounced?

When I saw "tyranny" as a 6-year-old I just assumed the first vowel was a long I sound...
    Absolutely. Quite possibly including that same one.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I've never stopped having that problem.
  • I mostly get it with names at this point.
    yeah, like, how do you pronounce "Gilles Deleuze"? I don't even know.
  • My dreams exceed my real life

yeah, like, how do you pronounce "Gilles Deleuze"? I don't even know.

It's french so you pronounce none of the letters and just kind of use too much saliva
    oh
  • kill living beings
    so often that my everybody i know mocks me for it

[The policemen] told her that all the nice people in town were making arrangements so that she could have a room in a children's home.

"But I already live in a children's home," said Pippi.

"What's that? Has it already been arranged?" asked one of the officers. "Where is this children's home?"

"Here," said Pippi proudly. "I'm a child, and this is my home, so it's a children's home. And I have room here, plenty of room."

I can't decide if I prefer to interpret this as Pippi being overly literal-minded or as Pippi intentionally sassing the cops.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch

Did anyone else, as a kid, have the problem where you would learn new words through reading, then have no idea how they were supposed to be pronounced?

I've never stopped having that problem.

• imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    "Oh you mean a 'pune', or play on words," said Tiffany*

*Tiffany had read lots of words in the dictionary that she'd never heard spoken, so she had to guess at how they were pronounced
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Jane said:

DYRE said:

"What a great person they're." does not satisfy any rules anybody would want to uphold.

y'all'n't've
    That loops around from being terrible to being awesome again because it actually stops being standard English and turns into some neat dialect stuff by sheer force of will.
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
  • Oh my God

I've found a guy

Who is cool with me being asexual

Because he prefers video games to sex
  • The sadness will last forever.
    good
    Nerd.
    You could play video games together as bonding!!
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Toolsie said:

Oh my God

I've found a guy

Who is cool with me being asexual

Because he prefers video games to sex

Yay!
  • I just bought 400 dollar headphones for 40 bucks from the pawn shop
    nice
    *sends the next person to Flagstaff*
  • So I'm talking to the boy and he seems like a total sweetheart, offering to squish spiders and give me hugs whenever I need them. 

But I'm not offering to meet him yet. A) I want to get to know him a bit better, and B) I have a job now. A voluntary job, but still a job.
    I'm fine with hugs but I dunno about squishing spiders
  • For FUCKS SAKE.

I knew it was too good to be true.
  • I want to stay friends, he doesn't.

We literally talked about how the friendzone is not a bad thing, and now he complaining about it.
  • "I want to take things steady" I said. "I trust you enough to know stuff about me" I said. "I see you as a friend, but my gut is telling me that I'm not ready."

"Your gut instinct can be wrong. Mine is saying go for it". He said. "You only have one life. Go for it."
  • Fucking hell.

I wish you could meet a man who isn't trash.
    that sucks
    :(
  • It wasn't even the asexuality that was the problem :/
  • Ugh, why can't I just meet a decent guy...
  • He was so nice...

Just, ugh...
  • FFS

Now he's guilt tripping me
  • edited 2017-10-01 22:58:00
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    So, the test in Linear Algebra was supposed to be Wednesday, September 27, but the teacher procrastinated on registering it for the Testing Lab, so instead it's going to be Tuesday, October 3, right after this General Conference Weekend.

You know, I'm sad enough that I had to miss Saturday's session due to work, but this guy makes it so I can't even have one weekend off, after I have had almost no free time since September 24th.

This is the same teacher who forgot to give the class half of the problems on the assignment, and then, said "I guess you'll have to do the other half of the assignment, so I'll give you two days to do that", when this was supposed to take a couple weeks.  So, thanks for wrecking the last week of September for me, prof _______

I mean, I'm trying to be in a good mood and focus on good spiritual things, but darn it if I'm not fantasizing about yelling at this professor.
  • edited 2017-10-01 23:06:50
    (2015 self)
    Toolsie said:

FFS

Now he's guilt tripping me

People who genuinely have your best interests in mind don't guilt trip you about being platonic friends instead of romantic, don't ask for more than you're comfortable physically giving.

This is manipulation, and it's sketchy as all get-out, and if you ever read one word I write, read this one:  run.
  • edited 2017-10-01 23:12:08
    (2015 self)
    Run from this, Toolsie.  Don't let this be an acceptable way to treat you.  Set boundaries, and keep to them, and don't feel guilty about having them.
  • I already have done, don't worry.

It's just... I had a good feeling about this one, purely for the fact he didn't care about my asexuality.

But was it a ruse? I don't even know.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Okay

Think of it this way

You're not failing, with every boy you meet, you learn more about relationships, other guys, what you and others WANT and NEED in a relationship, and becoming more skilled in navigating these things.
    Remember when I used to threaten to make people eat expired chocolate all the time? Good times.
  • does chocolate really even expire
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    yes
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Chocolate is fatty, and can go rancid over time.
    I am back from my cousin's wedding

it went on way too fucking long
  • edited 2017-10-02 03:15:54
    (2015 self)
    Wow, you really did go evil, Imipolex.

Er, more evil than usual.

• Die, monster!  You don't belong in this world!
    At least there was an owl
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    I think the longest wedding I've been to was my eldest stepsister's which went on for... uh... 16 hours? All day wedding receptions are a hell of a thing.