The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    seeing people slaver over Funko figures of characters from Marvel and such, it makes me wonder who exactly buys the H-B/other cartoon-related figures

someone must, they keep selling them
    Jane said:

Funko-Pop is ugly as sin

I have Pops of Huck and Quick Draw and other cartoon characters and their designs translate way better to Pops than most of the characters they make Pops of
    superheroes, Game of Thrones characters, real people

they don't translate as well
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    No, it would give away my alt accou-oooh, you're probably an undercover mod, aren'cha!
    Not me, I more or less left TV Tropes five years ago
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    I lurk a lot, and post only very rarely.  The site is dear to me.
  • edited 2017-07-07 01:40:04
    “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    I mostly half-troll the metal thread.

I'm also on the P5 but that's not especially demanding.
  • edited 2017-07-07 01:43:22
    kill living beings
    Hey

Chrome asked me if I wanted to translate this page, and I said yes, and now you are Average Vashtar.
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    What language
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Polish.

It's more like "mid-sized."
  • kill living beings
    no idea and the option's gone now

rip

but polish średni can mean average, apparently
  • My dreams exceed my real life

no idea and the option's gone now

rip

but polish średni can mean average, apparently

• my vashtar is not average!!! he is very above average
  • kill living beings
    google science disagrees
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I haven't been on the TVT fora in years
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    sent to the undead, presumably
  • For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.

Hey

Chrome asked me if I wanted to translate this page, and I said yes, and now you are Average Vashtar.
    Chrome does the same to me on some of these pages. Vietnamese, IIRC. I blame Viani's signature.
  • The true purpose of Funko Pop is to troll the shit out of Woolie and hide them all over his house. :v
    remember when my name was Megszentségteleníthetetlenségeskedéseitekért and it offered to translate the page because it was supposedly in....uh...I forget...Hungarian?
  • i

cannot function when it's over 90 degrees
  • the past two days have been 90+ and ive been utterly useless outside of work

gonna be good for the next week tho
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    I have to say, I'm glad that the right-wing has claimed "snowflake" as the right-wing contrarian insult it always was so I don't have to hear people who should know better using it.
  • Unrelated, but

Now that I'm going walking more often, I keep seeing this cat who's being teased by a bird.

The *same* cat. The *same* bird.
    Okay

I have a question

How do I express my frustrations with nerd/geek culture without accidentally stepping on people's toes?
    Because if I use "nerd" people get upset

What word do I use then?
    "dork"
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    @Anonus I think you should try to more meaningfully articulate your issues instead of making generalizations. Because you tend to say things like "nerds are boring", which is pretty broad and throws a lot of people who consider themselves "nerds" under the bus.
  • edited 2017-07-07 07:54:16
    Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Focus on the specific behaviors or characteristics or whatever, instead of some malformed, adaptable to whatever you're angry at this time, generalized hodgepodge of sources and viewpoints. The core issues are typically a lack of nuance and specificity and generally understanding what you're even going on about besides the fact that you're angry at people for some reason.

It's not dissimilar to how you've made (many) threads that are ostensibly about one localized complaint or theme, but whose meanings are difficult to immediately decipher and/or take earnestly from those that aren't CA or Section, because the point is just so vague. Like, that's what I think would help with a lot of stuff, specificity. Start from one place, then gradually layer it and contextualize it into the broader personal, social, etc. narratives that are on your mind and can really be talked about. A decent enough chunk of the time your complaints aren't actually that weird or unreasonable, in my opinion, just stated in such a roundabout or opaque way that it's difficult to get a read on.
  • yyyyeah they can get really cornball sometimes.
  • I will never not be amused and offended by people saying the Joker's non-inclusion in the Dark Knight Rises was part of how he's a super deep metaphor for chaos and all that crap.

I am fairly certain Nolan did not assassinate Heath Ledger to make an artistic statement.
  • For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.
    Anonus said:

What word do I use then?
    Don't use any label. Identify what behaviors get on your nerves, then talk about those, without reference to some nebulous group.

DON'T: I hate nerds because they all praise X to the heavens and mock Y, even though X and Y are exactly the same.

DO: Have you ever seen people praising X to the heavens, then mocking Y in the same breath? I sure have. It pisses me off to no end.
  • kill living beings
    When i was a kid i lived on the east coast, then i moved west and stayed there for most of my life so far. Most notable thing about moving back? This subway station has TWO dunkin donutses, in sight of one another
    Dunkin Donuxen
  • kill living beings
    Donupodes
  • I've been here an hour and a half, have done approximately 5 minutes worth of work, so basically I'm making

10.50 + 5.25 = 15.75

15.75 / 5 = 3.15

3.15 * 60 = 189 dollars per hour

who the fuck needs a college degree???
    ah, the joys of not being a chronophobe
  • kill living beings
    Flight got delayed so i won't be there until practically midnight

So mad that i can't cross like a million miles of states in less than eight hours smh
    Crystal said:

Focus on the specific behaviors or characteristics or whatever, instead of some malformed, adaptable to whatever you're angry at this time, generalized hodgepodge of sources and viewpoints. The core issues are typically a lack of nuance and specificity and generally understanding what you're even going on about besides the fact that you're angry at people for some reason.

It's not dissimilar to how you've made (many) threads that are ostensibly about one localized complaint or theme, but whose meanings are difficult to immediately decipher and/or take earnestly from those that aren't CA or Section, because the point is just so vague. Like, that's what I think would help with a lot of stuff, specificity. Start from one place, then gradually layer it and contextualize it into the broader personal, social, etc. narratives that are on your mind and can really be talked about. A decent enough chunk of the time your complaints aren't actually that weird or unreasonable, in my opinion, just stated in such a roundabout or opaque way that it's difficult to get a read on.
    Well, I'll make sure to be more articulate then...
    MetaFour said:

Anonus said:

What word do I use then?
    Don't use any label. Identify what behaviors get on your nerves, then talk about those, without reference to some nebulous group.

DON'T: I hate nerds because they all praise X to the heavens and mock Y, even though X and Y are exactly the same.

DO: Have you ever seen people praising X to the heavens, then mocking Y in the same breath? I sure have. It pisses me off to no end.
    I don't usually have those sort of complaints but I will keep this in mind when I do
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...

Flight got delayed so i won't be there until practically midnight

So mad that i can't cross like a million miles of states in less than eight hours smh

'eeeeeeey. Shame, though.

w h a t
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Chirp.
    You have my attention
  • kill living beings
    Is the chick thing referring to an actual bird be cause I'm having trouble with any vagina=chicken simile
    no it's apparently a metaphor

somehow
  • kill living beings
    Yep delayed

Now i just gotta survive in this arcology for three hours and avoid natural air as much as possible because oh god, why Texas