The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• everyone on heapers hangout is a lesbian

especially you right
  • Tachyon said:

LW, you're right, and i'm sorry.

It's people's own business if they choose to answer a question like that.

It's okay, I'm just stating my opinion. I don't mean to say it's the only valid opinion out there, haha.
    Anonus said:

i'm being dumb again, sorry

Nah, I don't think you were being dumb. You just asked a question and I happened to remember that survey so I mentioned it.

especially you right
    im the not lesbian
  • edited 2016-05-04 01:01:12
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    There have been times when I thought I was a lesbian, but even when I wished I were a woman, I thought men were so hot
  • if everyone's a lesbian, no one is
  • Anonus said:

Are there any straight people here period?

if I were to engage in any relationships it would probably be with a lady, though I don't see that happening, like, ever

plus my parents would probably disown me if I were anything but straight so I figure it's best to just say I like women but I don't want anything romantic right now and just leave it at that
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.

if everyone's a lesbian, no one is

profound
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    You know, I admire Prince for having controlled the rights to his own music

But at the same time it seems like the "no YouTube or any online streaming service" approach could really only work for someone like him with a long, established career

If you're a new musician just starting out, and you limited your music to a select few distribution channels, how is anyone going to find out about it?
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    They wouldn't

Remember that Justin Bieber got his start on YouTube
    and we should therefore destroy YouTube
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Do people think it's weird that I use the term "traffic signal" and not "traffic light"?
  • I never noticed so probably not
  • Yeah, I'd usually say the latter but my mind treats those as interchangeable.
    "Traffic signal" is a more technical term, and transportation engineering is my field of study, so...
  • I assumed as much, but it still doesn't really register as a weird thing to say.
  • I'm wearing my fluffy hipster jumper even though the temperature is in the teens

I may regret this decision
  • I can't say I've ever played a game as intent on wasting my damn time as Dragon Age: Origins.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
  • Kexruct said:

I can't say I've ever played a game as intent on wasting my damn time as Dragon Age: Origins.

:sits back, takes hit off massive blunt:

when you think about it man, isn't life just a game that wastes your time
  • Whoa. There's a forest in here, an actual coniferous forest. The cave also seems to contain a whole cloud - I can barely see a thing. Little balls of light swerve through the mist with an eerie scraping noise, and somewhere below the earth groans. I wonder if I can somehow buy this place.
    I am reading an old PCGamer column about a person who is playing through Skyrim exclusively using Illusion magic, and it is wonderful.
  • I am sweating my tits off right now. The weather has suddenly gone from freezing cold to swelteringly hot.
  • Got an exam in twenty minutes...
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Rozzy is sad.

I want to be outside in this lovely morning, listening to the birds and the crickets. I want to watch the bees on the blooming trees cover their legs in yellow.

I want to lie down and be at peace.

But no. Finals.
    Aliroz said:

Rozzy is sad.

I want to be outside in this lovely morning, listening to the birds and the crickets. I want to watch the bees on the blooming trees cover their legs in yellow.

I want to lie down and be at peace.

But no. Finals.

I so feel you, friend
  • Just had my chemistry exam

I think I scraped a pass

I think

It was stupid because in one of the sections, one question was something we'd never covered, and the other question had half the fucking question missing.
    good things about not being in school anymore: no finals
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Finalice.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Bayesianism
    I wonder if Yudkowsky knows kung fu

(seriously, the Matrix REFRANCES just write themselves)
    People make fun of Yudkowsky's weird light novel and there's a good reason for that, but it is an infinitely better use of his time and other people's money than fake AI research.
  • ?? was bayesianism ever mentioned in the matrix films?
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    The Kinda Grumpy In The Mornings AI.

?? was bayesianism ever mentioned in the matrix films?

No.

Deepest Darkest Secret: When I watched the movies when I was like 14 or something, I thought the Architect's speech was really interesting.
  • you know

i never really understood the consensus that the first Matrix film was amazing and then the rest were horrible

they all seem about the same to me
    I've never seen the Matrix

is it some kind of intelligence test where, if you don't find it interesting, then you are smart
  • it's an action film with lots of slo-mo and goofy philosophy bits

the sequels were action films with lots of slo-mo and goofy philosophy bits

but apparently the goofy bits in the sequels were Too Goofy

(*shrug*)
  • So I just finished Brothers: a Tale of Two Sons

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to curl up in a ball and cry

you know

i never really understood the consensus that the first Matrix film was amazing and then the rest were horrible

they all seem about the same to me
    Same.

Also the third one had mech suits, which was kinda cool.
  • i liked the bit in i think the second film where he's on the subway and is talking with the program who has his program kids?

if they had played with that kinda thing more it would have been a better series i feel
    Yeah that was kinda cool.
    I feel like people don't actually remember the Matrix very well.

• now im watching The Man Who Saves The World
  • i like the fact that at least 70% of this movie so far is clips from Star Wars
  • kill living beings
    I think the third movie has squid robots? that's probably the best one.
  • then 10% is random stock footage

I think the third movie has squid robots? that's probably the best one.

All of the movies have squid robots
  • wikipedia said:

The film follows the adventures of Murat (Arkın) and Ali (Akkaya), whose spaceships crash on a desert planet following a battle, shown by using footage from Star Wars as well as Soviet and American space program newsreel clips. While hiking across the desert, they speculate that the planet is inhabited only by women. Ali does his wolf whistle, which he uses on attractive women. However, he blows the wrong whistle and they are attacked by skeletons on horseback, which they defeat in hand-to-hand combat.

• also all the music is taken from other films