The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• kill living beings
    iys pretty good when shinmyourerszh eats like a squirrel
  • kill living beings
    the sad realization that no matter how interesting a conversation a stranger strikes up with you is, it's going to end with being invited to their church
  • kill living beings
  • the sad realization that no matter how interesting a conversation a stranger strikes up with you is, it's going to end with being invited to their church

this has never happened to me except for the time I ended up chatting with that Jehovah's Witness
  • though he invited me to Bible study not church persay
  • kill living beings
    it happened to me just now (obviously)

i was wondering how he knew i wasn't christian, before remembering that he asked me if i was doing anything for easter and i said i didn't know when it was
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...

it happened to me just now (obviously)

i was wondering how he knew i wasn't christian, before remembering that he asked me if i was doing anything for easter and i said i didn't know when it was

I chuckled.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    it's Sunday
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Aya What-A-Shammy Tengu
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat

driving snow should not be a thing in March

just an imo

neither should shoveling the snow
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I suppose I'm rather lucky that my corner of the Great Lakes seems to have been having decent springlike weather lately...
    we have been having decent springlike weather but this isn't the Great Lakes

also it's supposed to snow again on Saturday

"so much for spring", said a neighbor, as if we were about to enter eternal winter
    It's been getting warmer here lately.

I'm ok with this
  • the sad realization that no matter how interesting a conversation a stranger strikes up with you is, it's going to end with being invited to their church

The only time someone did the "but what if a bus hits you and you go to hell" routine on me, I actually responded by telling them my name...my real name, before I had legally changed it. They were the first person I introduced myself that way to, actually.

It was a disorienting experience for both of us, but I felt really good afterwards.
    The Washington Post has a metered paywall now

:(
    I would be sad, if I had any interest in reading The Washington Post.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    GIRLS RULE
    ESPECIALLY THE COW KIND
    How do you non-royalty types survive without maidservants waiting on you? The mere thought is maddening!
  • edited 2016-03-24 02:43:09
    THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Anonus said:

I rarely read the Post anymore anyway, and subscribing is shocking!y expensive, even more so than the New York Times. It's almost like they want to just cede DC news to the AP and the radio and TV stations. (No one reads the Washington Times, so they don't count)
  • kill living beings
    you could, like, ask one of your maidservants
  • lee4hmz said:

Anonus said:

I rarely read the Post anymore anyway, and subscribing is shocking!y expensive, even more so than the New York Times. It's almost like they want to just cede DC news to the AP and the radio and TV stations. (No one reads the Washington Times, so they don't count)
    i think it's kinda funny that they do the whole "physical + digital is cheaper than just digital" ploy
    lee4hmz said:

Anonus said:

i rarely even read my local news because the Denver Post is markedly better than the TV stations here are
    and I think they have a paywall? maybe not anymore
  • why did caesar invade gaul? to draw dicks on their stuff. why did sir edmund hillary climb everest? snowdicks.
    I thought boobs were the motivation for everything. I stand corrected.
  • Haven said:

the sad realization that no matter how interesting a conversation a stranger strikes up with you is, it's going to end with being invited to their church

The only time someone did the "but what if a bus hits you and you go to hell" routine on me, I actually responded by telling them my name...my real name, before I had legally changed it. They were the first person I introduced myself that way to, actually.

It was a disorienting experience for both of us, but I felt really good afterwards.
    Is knowing your name necessary context

• kill living beings
    nobody ever messed with me, Hellfuck Deadmanson, again
  • Kexruct said:

Haven said:

Nah. I dunno, maybe I'd have to tell my whole life story up to that point for it to really make sense.
    Haven said:

Kexruct said:

Haven said:

Nah. I dunno, maybe I'd have to tell my whole life story up to that point for it to really make sense.
    I choose to assume that the context is that you're a superspy and you formed such a bond with this person that you told them your real name instead of your spy name.
  • edited 2016-03-24 03:11:10
    Let me tell you. About Fallen London.
    The princess is on to me! Abort! Abort!

*hits ejector seat button, gets head embedded in ceiling*
    helicopter with an ejection seat
  • it turns out that haven's birthname is Hitler Von Antichrist
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Haven's name is a killing word
    why the fuck am i not a cute preteen girl in real life right now
    the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune
    *steps out of a fancy closet, magical mist pouring out from behind me*

Have you ever tried exploring alternate timelines for fun?

The one with "Normal Al" Yankovic was pretty boring, to be honest.
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.

why the fuck am i not a cute preteen girl in real life right now

the inexorable march of time
  • I have my Atlanta Falcons tshirt on.

All is well.
    Why do you have one of those? Just curious...
  • My Dad went skiing in America with his school, and brought me back the Atlanta Falcons tshirt.
  • I either need to stop buying music or be start deleting music I don't listen to any more. 
    OP9uX.gif
    Armani are going to stop using fur, on the grounds that there's no real reason for them to actually do so.

why would you ever make a legitimate download button look like this
    It's so weird when the ancients struggle to express concepts we can express easily.

Pausanias, a Greek traveller, geographer, and proto-archaeologist describing Greece for a Roman audience, records going to the temple of Apollo at Delphi and seeing an offering reportedly brought by Hippocrates, the father of Greek medicine. The offering is a statue of "a man's body in an advanced state of decay, with all the flesh already fallen off and nothing left but the bones"

Now of course we'd just call it a bronze skeleton
  • til the ancient Greeks had no word for skeleton?