The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• dangit, Anonus, where's the mythos

the lamb in the basement was mysterious and inexplicable and red teeth and bloodlust. it was something wonderful. you shouldn't just forget about that.
  • A man driven to royal delusions, a child who both obeys and foils him out of duty and resignation, a dark secret kept beneath the house.

These are the ingredients of greatness! Splendor! The mainstays of great tragedy!
  • We can do anything if we do it together.

Basically yeah

I thought they were funnier being ambigiously gay, but you do you.
  • Dae miss the time when we built epics? Ludicrous ones, yes, but works of size and scale?

We used to have a world, with colonies and outposts! We used to have gods, great and mysterious and unknowable. There were facts we could not explain but were, things that simply were because they were, and yet so ineffable that we could not ignore them!

WHERE IS FANTASY
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Oh wow, Jesu Otaku/formerly Hope Chapman, now apparently Jacob Chapman just outed himself as a trans person.
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)

Dae miss the time when we built epics? Ludicrous ones, yes, but works of size and scale?

We used to have a world, with colonies and outposts! We used to have gods, great and mysterious and unknowable. There were facts we could not explain but were, things that simply were because they were, and yet so ineffable that we could not ignore them!

WHERE IS FANTASY
    Remember that one bit in Sandman where the guy kidnapped the muse Calliope so as to get ideas and... other things.

Maybe someone kidnapped the muse of epics.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

Oh wow, Jesu Otaku/formerly Hope Chapman, now apparently Jacob Chapman just outed himself as a trans person.

Awesome.

Good luck to him.
    Aliroz said:

Dae miss the time when we built epics? Ludicrous ones, yes, but works of size and scale?

WHERE IS FANTASY
    Remember that one bit in Sandman where the guy kidnapped the muse Calliope so as to get ideas and... other things.

Maybe someone kidnapped the muse of epics.
    Calliope is the muse of Epic Poetry, I just checked
    The Greeks had a Muse of Astronomy, shows how different they were.
    Also the French word for "Summer" is the same as the past participle of "to be", "été".

I can only imagine how big of a poetic cliche playing on that is.
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    It's not every day my cold, stony heart feels something.
  • Things I need but don't know how to get: Health care.
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    Kexruct said:

Things I need but don't know how to get: Health care.

if you're at a university they might have plans
  • I am not. Because I am a failure.
  • yeah same

anyway you might be able to find out on healthcare.gov if you haven't tried that yet.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.

That looks too cool to be from the 80s

*smack*
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    > calling yourself a failure for not going to college

Yeah...that's not how that works.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    i am back from work

a coworker damaged a pipe next to where i was working and it started spraying carbon dioxide everywhere

i wasn't allowed to keep working there because they were worried it might freeze and explode but they didn't know how to turn it off.  but i had to stick around until i'd finished the job, so i got out more than 2 hours later than i was meant to

i'm not complaining cuz i need the money, but i'm kinda exhausted
    CA is right
    your day was better than mine
    Tachyon said:

i am back from work

a coworker damaged a pipe next to where i was working and it started spraying carbon dioxide everywhere

i wasn't allowed to keep working there because they were worried it might freeze and explode but they didn't know how to turn it off.  but i had to stick around until i'd finished the job, so i got out more than 2 hours later than i was meant to

Jeez, that sucks.

your day was better than mine

D:

What happened?

Tachyon said:

i am back from work

Jeez, that sucks.
    It kinda does, yeah, because until it's fixed we can't serve fizzy drinks >_<
    Nothing in particular happened except for hours and hours of pointless interaction with annoying people I couldn't care less about.

Honestly, I would take damaged pipes spraying carbon dioxide over that any day
    Now I'm reminded of the time I was working the yard gate out at the Gatorade warehouse and both of my printers broke.

I had to send truck drivers around to the shipping office to get their paperwork because I couldn't print them, which pissed off the shipping guys because they were too busy with their own jobs to be doing mine for me. This lasted pretty much an entire day before they got someone from PepsiCo to come bring us a replacement printer.
    ^^ Sorry you had a bad day, in that case.

^ that sounds incredibly annoying.
    Sometimes I worry I'll never be a good blogger.

That people will never want to read what I write about...
    If I did a multi-part Powerpuff Girls retrospective, would anybody actually read it?
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I worry my own creative works are shit so I empathize
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Yep.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    I didn't even like that show much and I would still be moderately interested.
    I dunno, my biggest problem with long-form blogging is that 90% of the time I don't have anything to write about, and when I do, they tend to be disparate topics that don't make for a themed blog.

Is there really an audience for a blog with posts about cartoons, road traffic control, mood disorders, and transgender rights all in one place? 
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Sure.
    ...What blogging platform should I use? I like WordPress but I wonder if there's anything more modern/popular I should know about.
  • I hear tumblr is pretty popular
  • edited 2016-01-31 05:25:17

> calling yourself a failure for not going to college

Yeah...that's not how that works.

I don't know how tone works

Are you mad
    Not mad, just frustrated.

I don't like to see good people beating up on themselves for not living up to some arbitrary standard of how they think other people think their lives should have gone.

I know this is hypocritical of me, but I claim princess privilege.
    She's saying you're not a failure, mate

nobody is mad
    meanwhile other people keep informing me that i have made the wrong choices in life

which is just lovely, y'know, really great
  • ...What blogging platform should I use? I like WordPress but I wonder if there's anything more modern/popular I should know about.

I'm pretty sure all the blogs I read are either using WordPress or static-site-generator type things. The latter are nice if you want to host it yourself because you don't need PHP or anything on your server, it just generates HTML which you upload.
    Haven said:

I hear tumblr is pretty popular

Tumblr's really not ideal for long-form blogging, though I intend to crosspost since I know I at least have an audience on Tumblr with however many followers I have.

...What blogging platform should I use? I like WordPress but I wonder if there's anything more modern/popular I should know about.

I'm pretty sure all the blogs I read are either using WordPress or static-site-generator type things. The latter are nice if you want to host it yourself because you don't need PHP or anything on your server, it just generates HTML which you upload.
    I can't be bothered with that, so WordPress it is.

Haven said:

I hear tumblr is pretty popular

Tumblr's really not ideal for long-form blogging, though I intend to crosspost since I know I at least have an audience on Tumblr with however many followers I have.
    My long-form blog is on Tumblr because that's easier for me.

(Speaking of which, I should get back to updating that soon. >_>)
    I come home in the morning light
    My handler says "when you gonna live your life right"
    Oh birdy dear we're not the fortunate ones
    But princesses, they wanna have fun
    Oh princesses just wanna have fun~
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I haven't touched my long-form blog in ages
    my personal thread is essentially my blog, even if most of it is shitposting