The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• I'm surviving on less than six hours sleep and I'm not getting home from uni until about 5 today because of my job interview. FML.
  • On the plus side, I had a job interview with the University.

On the negative side, I'm tired as fuck and have a four hour lab session to get through followed by a meeting with my mentor, then quickly home to drop stuff off and straight back out again for the job interview.
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    I love public domain superheroes.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Haha, Fantomah has the same creator as Stardust
  • kill living beings
    Seek medical attention.
  • Wiseau plays dual roles: Charlie, the main protagonist of the series, and (with a blonde wig) Ricky Rick, a petty criminal who serves as the series' primary antagonist. Wiseau said "I want to show people that I have range."[7]

I'm pretty sure Tommy Wiseau is a space alien at this point
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    I tried to watch that and I couldn't.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I guess that's what happens when you install Wandows

This movie looks fun.
    Also every line is a quip, which should make Content Consumers happy, though it won't.
    image021.jpg
  • Was using a computer in the forensic lab today that was Windows 98
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    It's why DC is better than Marvel (abc)(\\')
    Toolsie said:

Was using a computer in the forensic lab today that was Windows 98

That is...something. An operating system old enough to vote!
  • edited 2016-01-20 13:31:11
    ಠ_ಠ

Toolsie said:

Was using a computer in the forensic lab today that was Windows 98

That is...something. An operating system old enough to vote!
    It was attached to the Raman spectrometer, and it was working quite well.

The printer attached to the machine was old, too.

Considering that the science lab is less than four years old... They must be left over from the old science centre building.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it, I suppose.

That said, in retrospect, the Windows (Wandows?) 9x series was never that reliable, compared to the much more solid Windows NT.
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Jane said:

image021.jpg

this will never stop being funny

• Is it weird that I don't have an online persona?
  • Not being rude, but if I arrange to meet someone at 2pm and they are still talking to someone at twenty five past and I have places to be and things to do, it pisses me off.
  • I go away, do some stuff, come back ten minutes later and they're gone.

Unbelievable.
  • Had something that had grease from melted cheese and now the bottom of my bag is covered in grease and ewww
    (2015 self)
    My parents have an irrational fear of being late to things.

I have an irrational fear that my dad will friggin' die from driving without his seatbelt, but no, I'm irrational.
  • They always say "Be yourself" before an interview.

What if your usual self has a case of foot-in-mouth syndrome?
    (2015 self)
    And, for the record, anything you do while sitting down in a car counts as driving, whether or not the car is parked.  

Also dangit mom, REAL people button up all the buttons on their shirts and zip up their coats all the way.  Why would God have given shirts buttons that were never intended to be used?

Also yes, I know I am irrational today.  I didn't sleep last night.  I need to find the guy who determines what is rational and what is not so I can kill him and take his place.
    They mean "Be the version of yourself that is you when you are at your most confident, regardless of whether you are actually a confident person, actually, don't be yourself, be the version of yourself an employer would like"
    (2015 self)
    Also, when I kill that guy, everyone will realize that Odradek and Centie were right in being upset at things that were, to them, extremely upsetting, and everyone will realize how much of a jerk move it is to tell people to calm down when the time is right for a good table-flipping rampage.

It will be great, and anyone who thinks otherwise will be disbelieved in all they say.
  • There are times when my words just escape my mouth and I just spew out word vomit.

Hopefully it won't happen here... It does seem to be an informal interview to be a representative for the University at UCAS fairs around the country during the next couple of months.
    Aliroz said:

And, for the record, anything you do while sitting down in a car counts as driving, whether or not the car is parked.  

Also dangit mom, REAL people button up all the buttons on their shirts and zip up their coats all the way.  Why would God have given shirts buttons that were never intended to be used?

Also yes, I know I am irrational today.  I didn't sleep last night.  I need to find the guy who determines what is rational and what is not so I can kill him and take his place.
    *Aliroz reaches the command center, the chair dramatically turns around and we see ROBO-DESCARTES, the RATIO-MASTER*
  • edited 2016-01-20 15:52:45
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    You!  I should have known!

It ends here, 'Scarty!  

-draws quauhololli and charges-

-end credits roll-

WHAT NEXT FOR OUR BRAVE... HERO... HEROINE... HEROZIGABATH.. tune in next year, faithful listeners, as we enter the next act of our dramatic radio MASTERPIECE!
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch

You wouldn't really die of anything, in the traditional sense. You would just stop being biology and start being physics.

i know not everyone here likes Randall Munroe, but he can turn a phrase.
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    You spin it around and if it spins entertainingly, you win.
    You write a thing and it's a good thing
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    It's really foggy. "Can't see the hills" foggy. Haven't seen any zombie dogs or heard any air raid sirens yet, though.
    it's also pretty cold out
  • It's really foggy. "Can't see the hills" foggy. Haven't seen any zombie dogs or heard any air raid sirens yet, though.

Walked home from Uni and was half expecting someone in a cheap Halloween costume to pop out from behind a building.
  • kill living beings
    hate money, hate money
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Thinking about Utena again, and just how effective and insidious a villain Akio is.
    It's snowing here.

I wouldn't call it light snow, but it's not exactly a blizzard either. It's...typical Central Ohio snow.
    ugJK9bW.png
    Good news: my car is fixed!

And it only cost me $50.
  • edited 2016-01-20 19:23:24

for breakfast I had

a 1 inch square of peppermint bark

a 22 ounces of water
  • I am incapable of doing anything
    Why do the developers of ebook reading apps think I want a separate brightness control for my ebook app?

Use the system-wide brightness level please. I set it the way it is for a reason.
  • I saw a barge in the ice