oh hey, Oryx and Crake!

be interested in seeing what you make of that one
  • books i got for christmas:

* A Single Man

* The Best American Short Stories 2012, 2013 & 2014
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Kexruct said:

Tachyon said:

Good!  i had dinner with my family and i got a bunch of CDs and a copy of 999 from my brother.  And lots of socks.

and now i am chilling/digesting

*nods*
    are you secretly link
  • i also got

* a backrest

* a giant houdstooth scarf

* a cool shirt:

• edited 2015-12-25 18:38:10

oh and also some soap and an electric toothbrush and clothes hangers
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    I used to read "Years best SF" complilations, and then one year every story was singulariwank and I stopped.
  • the singularity has already happened
    Also "Democritus's Violin" which is the worst short story I have ever read.
  • kill living beings

I used to read "Years best SF" complilations, and then one year every story was singulariwank and I stopped.

when i was a kid i flipped through old Analogs a few times and was convinced not to do that any more

there were some good ones but also ones featuring Texibucks or... something
    Embedded image permalink
  • kill living beings
    I actually can't read pages or exceprts like that any more. I just get all grossed out and stop. Not that I'm trying very hard.
  • I actually can't read pages or exceprts like that any more. I just get all grossed out and stop. Not that I'm trying very hard.

• ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    I actually don't see anything wrong with them.  Maybe I'm just not as cool as y'all.
  • kill living beings
    Do you actually believe that the ending of some Sonic game is an anti-Christian polemic
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    it's not a game, it's some fanfic

so yeah i can well believe that's what it is
  • edited 2015-12-25 19:51:38
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    Anyways, Today for Christmas I did not get a hydrogen bomb to destroy the World, nor did I get adminship over Heapers Hangout, I also did not receive the mind-controll ray I wanted so as to cure other people of their opinions.

I am still in a nation so foolish as to give her precious natural coals to europe in return for naught but money, worldly gain, and filthy lucre.  No divinely-blessed dynasty rules my land, nor can I join a monastery or convent because mormonism doesn't even have equivalent institutions.  Additionally, America did not annex Canada and Mexico today, combining into sombrero-malpleleaftartan-baldeagle-topia.

Also, Pope Francis did not issue an official statement that I am cool and not stupid (I would explode with vindication should Thomas S. Monson issue such a statement, so I will not wish for such).

All I got was a loving family and several beautiful and fantastic books and a tongue-scraper and a replica of the Queen from the Lewis Chess set and shiny stretchy pants and a collection of photoes from when I was a toddler and some drawings by my little sister.
    hi Toolsie

how's your Christmas?
  • Hi Tach

My Christmas was okay. I didn't eat much, but no surprises there. Instead I just ate what I could, and played board games with the family and worked on my Sims 3 legacy blog.

How about you?
  • edited 2015-12-25 19:54:21
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    The dinosaurs did not come back to life, nor did the Holocene megafauna return to stomp out the sinners.  I also did not gain the ability to shoot lightning out of my toes.

The moon did not hatch into a fantastic leviathan, the trees did not start walking on octopus-tentacle-like roots, and Bill Gates did not give me all of his moneys.

An inverse Pompeii did not happen so as to create a new city with thousands of new people, the stock market did not uncrash, and the iceberg that sank the titanic is still out there escaping justice.
  • edited 2015-12-25 19:49:15
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    ^^ Pretty good, thanks!  i ate lots.  We didn't play any board games, but we had a round of charades.
  • I got a new phone for Christmas (finally! Something that is technically sort of a smartphone!), a book on piano chords, and, the big haul, a MIDI keyboard that I have named Pickle.
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    So, yeah, my dreams did not come true today.

Which is a pretty good thing, I guess.
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Jane said:

I got a new phone for Christmas (finally! Something that is technically sort of a smartphone!), a book on piano chords, and, the big haul, a MIDI keyboard that I have named Pickle.

What book? Nice to hear about all of them.

I'm glad you're having a good Christmas, Aliroz. And for you, an okay one, Tools.
  • Aliroz said:

Anyways, Today for Christmas I did not get a hydrogen bomb to destroy the World, nor did I get adminship over Heapers Hangout, I also did not receive the mind-controll ray I wanted so as to cure other people of their opinions.

I am still in a nation so foolish as to give her precious natural coals to europe in return for naught but money, worldly gain, and filthy lucre.  No divinely-blessed dynasty rules my land, nor can I join a monastery or convent because mormonism doesn't even have equivalent institutions.  Additionally, America did not annex Canada and Mexico today, combining into sombrero-malpleleaftartan-baldeagle-topia.

Also, Pope Francis did not issue an official statement that I am cool and not stupid (I would explode with vindication should Thomas S. Monson issue such a statement, so I will not wish for such).

All I got was a loving family and several beautiful and fantastic books and a tongue-scraper and a replica of the Queen from the Lewis Chess set and shiny stretchy pants and a collection of photoes from when I was a toddler and some drawings by my little sister.
    Stretchy pants, huh?

Truly, you're living the life

(not being sarcastic)
  • kill living beings
    I should spend the money I got on a Powell's trip.
    i am . . . frustrated

my DS has been missing for weeks, and for a long time i didn't give it that much thought because this place is a mess so i figured it'd turn up

but now i've looked everywhere for it, i can't think of anywhere in the house i haven't checked yet

the charger's missing too, which makes me worry i left it somewhere out of home :/
    Blah

i don't wanna be getting worked up over something dumb like this on a holiday

i'm going to give up looking for now.  but, irritated.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I slept through Christmas
    but I got new slippers at least
    looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool i'm an idiot

minutes after posting about my missing DS i found it

it's a christmas miracle
  • edited 2015-12-25 20:51:32
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    it's out of power
    I wonder what's in the literary atlas
  • I am embracing my (sort of) hipsterness.
    HIPSTERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
  • Overly baggy ironic tshirt and maroon and black long checked shirt and black skinny jeans
    but are you listening to music no one's ever heard of?
  • Of Monsters And Men
    also mice
    Attention: Beneficiary,

We sincerely apologize for sending you this sensitive information via e-mail instead of a certified mail, post-mail, phone or face to face conversation, it's due to the urgency and importance of the security information of our citizens. I am Special Agent Mark Giuliano from the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Field Intelligence Groups (FIGs). We intercepted two consignment boxes at JFK Airport, New York. The boxes were scanned and they contained large sum of money ($4.1 million) also some backup documents that bears your name as the Beneficiary / Receiver. Investigation was carried out on the diplomat that accompanied the boxes into the United States and he stated that he was to deliver the funds at your residence as an overdue payment owed to you by the Federal Republic of Nigeria through the security company in United Kingdom.

After cross-checking all legal documents in the boxes, we found out that your consignment was lacking an important document and we can't release the boxes to the diplomat until the document is found, we have no other option than to confiscate your consignment.

According to Internal Revenue Code (IRC) in Title 26 also contain reporting requirement on a Form 8300, Report of Cash Payment Over $10,000 Received in a Trade or Business, money laundering activity may violate 18 USC §1956, 18 USC 1957, 18 USC 1960, and provision of Title 31, and 26 USC 6050I of the United States Code (USC), this section will discuss only those money laundering and currency violation under the jurisdiction of IRS, your consignment lacks proof of ownership certificate from the joint team of IRS and IRC, therefore you need to reply back immediately for direction on how to procure this certificate to enable us relieved the charge of evading the law on you, which is a punishable offense in the United States.

You are required to reply back within 72hours or you will be prosecuted in a court of law for money laundering, also you are instructed to desist from further contact with any bank(s) or person(s) in Nigeria or the United Kingdom or any part of the world regarding your payment because your consignment has been confiscated by the Federal Bureau of Investigation here in the United States.

Yours In Service,
    Special Agent Mark Giuliano
    Regional Deputy Director
    Field Intelligence Groups (FIGs)
    really now
  • kill living beings
    "yours in service" is a pretty good sign-off that I can't imagine anyone in the FBI ever using
    CWrdCtfWIAEOS9A.png
    dormousesaidfeedyourhead:    A manly tuber plant wishes you Merry Christmas.  Victorian christmas card.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat

CWrdCtfWIAEOS9A.png

if true then thank god
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Some people don't know what "reboot" means I guess
  • kill living beings

dormousesaidfeedyourhead:    A manly tuber plant wishes you Merry Christmas.  Victorian christmas card.

this is good