The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• Finally getting around to *cough* legally acquiring FL Studio

I'm feeling monumentally pessimistic about what it'll do for my producing ability, but it should be interesting, at least
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    FL Studio can be quite cool if you know how to use it
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    There is a suburb of Dayton called Clayton.

Rhyming!
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    Ash's phone was purchased from the Fantastic Deals! Fairy at an absurdly inflated price.
    It's Christmas Eve now, and there is a thunderstorm.

A thunderstorm.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

It's Christmas Eve now, and there is a thunderstorm.

A thunderstorm.

My sister and I got stuck in a particularly nasty storm on the way to Greenville this evening

We were heading west on I-70 near Dayton when we were suddenly pounded with absolute sheets of rain that made it almost impossible to see in front of me to the distance needed to drive safely

I figured it would be prudent to pull over until the rain let up a bit...but I was in a road work zone and the shoulder was blocked off with a concrete barrier

So I just put on the hazard flashers, slowed down to 25 mph, and hoped for the best
    That sounds like a great time!
    seriously though I am not used to thunderstorms on December 24th
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
  • I did it! I slept for over 8 hours!!!!
  • I slept even more!!! sleep hype!!!!!!
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Woohoo.
  • It's Christmas Eve now, and there is a thunderstorm.

A thunderstorm.

Oh hey, there's a thunderstorm down here too.
    i could swear we used to have a health/fitness thread, but for the life of me i can't find it
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Merry Christmas, everyone.
    Merry Christmas, Mach!
  • edited 2015-12-24 16:38:38
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    You know I'll bet FaeFone uses some weird proprietary charger and if it breaks you can only buy a replacement at fairy stores because mortal stores don't carry them
    Mortal chargers are strictly inferior anyway.  Most of them don't even sparkle pink while they're charging!

Anyway the FaeFone charger is Safety Fairy tested and approved for minimal fire risk . . . though, it does take 2 days to charge, that's a bit of a drawback.
    Who needs sparkles when you can warp your tech out of site with built-in mini pocket dimensions (or some junk, listen the exact definitions combined with legalese really make it a chore sometimes).
    Well!  I bet!  FaeFone!  Does some even cooler things that I just haven't figured out yet because I can't get it to work properly.

I'm NEVER switching back to Alicorn Systems and no gimmicky "special features" are going to change my mind!
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    more like vofaefone
  • Tachyon said:

Well!  I bet!  FaeFone!  Does some even cooler things that I just haven't figured out yet because I can't get it to work properly.

I'm NEVER switching back to Alicorn Systems and no gimmicky "special features" are going to change my mind!

> Alicorn Systems
    > Trevor Listman, Head of Design
    > gimmicks

Tachyon said:

I should clarify, I was speaking about the Handler's tech. Princess Alice refuses to help work it into the standardized systems within the Palace and universities because... reasons? I think it's partially an aesthetic difference, but she doesn't know what she's missing.
  • You know I'll bet FaeFone uses some weird proprietary charger and if it breaks you can only buy a replacement at fairy stores because mortal stores don't carry them

Classic fairy move. As long as I'm in charge, we're using the typical standards, though we'll always make sure there's a way to keep your old stuff around bundled with the new hardware in case those standards change.

The user always comes first at Alicorn. No gimmicks, no proprietary nonsense, just a great set of phones and an industry leading operating system.
  • edited 2015-12-24 18:01:56
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    Then I withdraw my remark about gimmicks, and convey my apologies to Mr. Listman.

Still! All fairy technology is made from 100% enchanted materials making it 100% better.  It even says so on the box, it has to be true.
    This discrimination against faeries shall not stand, you know. I am sure the OTPFFCMTTSTGNOOJ will be very interested in hearing about such vile and blatant remarks.
  • Tachyon said:

Most of them don't even sparkle pink while they're charging!

Anyway the FaeFone charger is Safety Fairy tested and approved for minimal fire risk . . . though, it does take 2 days to charge, that's a bit of a drawback.

We opted out of the sparkles because they were extraneous. Undeniably fancy, but ultimately unnecessary to keep one's phone alive.
    Tre said:

Tachyon said:

Most of them don't even sparkle pink while they're charging!

We opted out of the sparkles because they were extraneous. Undeniably fancy, but ultimately unnecessary to keep one's phone alive.
    I admit I rooted mine to add the sparkle functionality

We Asterians are kinda addicted to sparkles >_>
  • edited 2015-12-24 17:18:06
    ಠ_ಠ
    Having long nails is both a blessing and a curse >_>
  • Blessing: can scratch people to death

Curse: can scratch myself to death
  • Blessing: makes a nice sound when I tap my fingers on the desk

Curse: makes an awful sound when I tap my fingers on the desk
  • hsssssss

rich kids
    Acererak said:

hsssssss

rich kids
    Do I really count as a "rich kid" if I can change my age at will? Sometimes I can be a rich adult, if I want to!

Not that I ever want to.
  • kill living beings
    you'd be a rich kid even if you were ninety, central
    (Princess Alice walks into the entrance hall of the palace where the huge Royal Christmas Tree is, only to find Guardsman Payne and the Safety Fairy sitting around the tree with a bunch of open boxes and torn wrapping paper everywhere. As they see me approach, they scramble to shove things back in boxes before I see them.)

ME: Huh...?

PAYNE: Now, Your Highness, this isn't what it looks like.

ME:  You opened all my presents!

PAYNE: We're just making sure they're safe! You never know when a radical republican could send you a bomb or something!

SAFETY FAIRY: We're doing you a favor, really.

PAYNE: Quiet, S.F.

ME: You're going to wrap these all back up, right?

(Payne and Safety Fairy look at each other.)

ME: You're going to wrap these all back up.

PAYNE: But Your Highness...where are we going to get wrapping paper and tape at this hour on Christmas Eve?

ME: I think the 8-Twelve down on Mulberry Street is open till 6 o'clock tonight!

PAYNE: ...Are you serious, my lady?

ME: Look, just get out of here. (turns to Safety Fairy) Especially you.

(Safety Fairy flies off; Guardsman Payne hurries off on foot in the other direction.)

ME: Merry Christmas to me.
    no princess should have to put up with such incompetence
  • You can buy Checkers/Rally Fries in bulk.

And my sister just bought an entire bag of frozen ones

It really is Christmas
  • edited 2015-12-24 18:16:25
    image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Famous Seasoned Fries are secretly seasoned
    Not So Secretly Seasoned
    Yarrun, were you visited by the Fried Foods Fairy?

I was not

As punishment, you must come up with a detailed description of what the Fried Foods Fairy looks like
    She's surprisingly skinny for someone who eats fried foods 24/7

Her clothes are always so greasy though
  • Have I mentioned that Checkers/Rally Fries are the fries that all lesser fries aspire to in their most secret dreams?

Because they are.

Why does Woshua tell you to wosh u soul?

Spoiler:
    cuz it dark
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    blueberryhill.gif
  • My dreams exceed my real life

blueberryhill.gif

I don't get the joke, but I love how absurd that is.
    Give it a second.

Failing that, click here