The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• and now FL is doing the thing where the playback skips every 20 seconds

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh
  • http://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/samplers/kontakt-5-player/

this is the one i have and it never does that

im not sure why the free version of the complete bundle would do that while this one would not but (*shrug*)
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    FL is pretty kickass, rarely gives me any trouble

yntkt
  • anyways, i am back from goodwill and i got

* a denim jacket as seen here

* das efx - generation efx cuz it was 2 bucks so why not
  • Das EFX are good.

Anyway I'm just using Sytrus right now, everyone tells me it sucks but idk.
  • sytrus is fine idk why people would say that it sucks

i mean, it is pretty much exactly a strictly worse version of FM8 but that's ok because not everything can be as good as FM8
  • it's the only default FL synth i use besides fruity granulizer and 3xosc
  • naney said:

sytrus is fine idk why people would say that it sucks

Something about the presets idk.

I do use those though I usually fiddle with them. Making my own synth sounds in Sytrus is still more than a little beyond me.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I guess this is what it sounds like to other people when I talk about highways
  • uh

sorry, I guess? :s

I'm mostly just mad about Kontakt being a dick.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    no need to apologize
  • yeah it has a fuckton of presets and a lot of them are bad

good sytrus presets:

* one of the brass ones

* the pads "distant (maybe it's called distance idk)" "oort cloud" and "warm (not good at first but if you stick a big reverb on it and turn the dry level down it gives really nice spacey autechre vibes)"

* the 8-bar organ

* some other ones im forgetting right now
  • so not the bass then

tbf I still have no idea what seperates a good bassline from a bad one other than volume (very loud, overpowering bass is annoying to me)
  • for bass i just like plain sine waves or samples of old analog synths
  • naney said:

for bass i just like plain sine waves or samples of old analog synths

where would one find the ladder
  • legowelt (a very good musician that you would like a lot actually here is an album of his) has a bunch of them on his website

naney said:

for bass i just like plain sine waves or samples of old analog synths

where would one find the ladder
    Level 4 (the Snake)
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    fuck "Warner Bros." is still my title

I know it fits Bugs Bunny but somehow it just looks even more idiotic next to him with like no qualifier
    Anonus said:

fuck "Warner Bros." is still my title

I know it fits Bugs Bunny but somehow it just looks even more idiotic next to him with like no qualifier
    for some reason this post made me burst out giggling
  • at least I managed to make a rap beat out of background music from Rurouni Kenshin.
  • at least I managed to make a rap beat out of background music from Rurouni Kenshin.

and it's done

there's another sample in there too but good luck picking it out
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    You know, I didn't think about it this way at the time, but around the time you are literaly writing a webcomic about how much someone you don't like on the internet sucks, you are officially pretty pathetic.
  • Panurge said:

You know, I didn't think about it this way at the time, but around the time you are literaly writing a webcomic about how much someone you don't like on the internet sucks, you are officially pretty pathetic.

I should have been clearer.

I mean a webcomic that is entirely about a single person who annoys you on the internet, not a single strip of that webcomic that is dedicated to an annoying person.
  • kill living beings
    sometimes I get stuck thinking about how dumb Dr Breen's statements were
  • What webcomic are you referring to
    What webcomic are you referring to
    Here, see this theme created for a webcomic about a single internet dweller,  the creation of which is a morally correct and healthy thing to do.

Chris-chan trolling was like Gamergate, except against a target that was even less capable of defending himself, and with the gaslighting turned up 500 notches.
    Panurge said:

Chris-chan trolling was like Gamergate, except against a target that was even less capable of defending himself, and with the gaslighting turned up 500 notches.

You forget that Chris was literally worse than Hitler, though!
  • edited 2015-05-15 00:28:15
    We can do anything if we do it together.
    Panurge said:

I don't even get what you're trying to say here. You're literally just stringing together a bunch of words.
  • Panurge said:

I don't even get what you're trying to say here. You're literally just stringing together a bunch of words.
    it seems pretty comprehensible to me.

unless you don't know what gaslighting is.
  • it is an understandable and fairly correct statement
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    Gaslighting wasn’t what happened to Chris, though.

Many people repeatedly tried to tell Chris he was in that situation, but he refused literally everything that didn't fit his narrow views of events.

That’s not to fully excuse the people who fed him stuff that did fit those views, of course, but Chris still had access to views that weren’t from those people. He just refused to listen to them.
  • ok but there is an enormous difference between "I don't agree with what you're saying" and "you are literally not making sense", which is what you said to Panurge just now.
  • edited 2015-05-15 00:37:00
    Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Looks easy enough to understand, and like a fair enough approximation, if with Myrmidon's standard form of exaggeration.

Edit: Shrug and plus one the post above.

Gaslighting wasn’t what happened to Chris, though.

Many people repeatedly tried to tell Chris he was in that situation, but he refused literally everything that didn't fit his narrow views of events.

That’s not to fully excuse the people who fed him stuff that did fit those views, of course, but Chris still had access to views that weren’t from those people. He just refused to listen to them.

If a battered wife doesn't listen to people telling her that her husband is abusive, is she fully responsible for her being battered?
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    Let me try to see if I can walk this back.

I admit I jumped at Myrm using such a serious term in his post, and I probably shouldn’t have told him that he didn’t make any sense. I’ve gotten sick of the decay of serious terms into hollow emotional appeals, and I’ll admit that I wrongly conflated Myrm’s post with that. I sometimes don’t read posts carefully before I post, and I apologize for that.

I still stand by what I said in my last post, though. I will concede that it is likely that Chris would’ve ended up an actual abuse victim had he actually consummated a relationship. His behaviour with his girlfriends (all of which were imagined, whether they were trolls or not, but try telling him that) is enough demonstration of that.
    Well tbf, I don't think there's a single person here who is a huge fan of Chris-chan trolling.
    BEING AND TIME: THE MOVIE

Starring KEANU REEVES as DASEIN

SHIA LABEOUF as DAS MAN

And TOMMY WISEAU as DEATH
    freakin' Nazis
  • Centy you may be interested to know that that "St. Elmo's Fire" flip I posted yesterday is now closer to becoming an actual song on its own.
  • why does death grips attract so many pretentious reddit people
  • Because it has all of the trappings of hip-hop, industrial, and punk without requiring any deeper devotion or digging on the part of the listener to understand, is outwardly strange without requiring much effort on the audience's part to decipher, and is thus easily rendered the sort of album people say "I don't listen to such and such a genre except this band" about.
    Since coming back from college, I feel this deep need to take walks. It's like my body is making up for not needing to walk back and forth from class.

It's almost a basic physical feeling, like needing to sleep, or drink.
  • it definitely does reward digging deeper but yeah that makes sense
    I used to take a lot of walks.

Then I got lazy.
  • Yeah but you don't need to understand the genre to enjoy it, which you do with a lot of other underground rap acts.
    Why does Black Metal attract so many pretentious people
  • has panurge been perusing the metal archives lately or something?
  • what does understanding a genre entail exactly?