The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    me too

oddly of all the Quality Television™, Orange is the New Black seems more interesting to me than most shows considered such
  • kill living beings
    i don't know how to get out
  • edited 2015-01-20 03:53:09
    We can do anything if we do it together.
    Anonus said:

me too

oddly of all the Quality Television™, Orange is the New Black seems more interesting to me than most shows considered such
    Breaking Bad is the one Quality Television™ show that I'm actually somewhat interested in myself.

i don't know how to get out

get out of what?
  • kill living beings
    this damn station
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.

I'm just wondering how deserving it is of its branding as Quality Television™

A lot of Quality Television™ shows don't really appeal to me, because they mostly seem to be about amoral douches and no that's not really my thing (I'm pretty sure of my favored characters, Ren Höek and Cadpig come closest to being such but they still have hearts)
    wasn't the Sopranos one of the first shows people talk about as being Quality Television™
    yes
  • edited 2015-01-20 04:28:11
    Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Breaking Bad, The Wire, and Orange does interest me but on the whole I'm not really interested in the lives of wealthy white people doing things (The Sopranos, Mad Men, The Good Wife, etcetera).

Maybe that's the thing. Maybe I'm only interested in crime.
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Good news: I no longer feel the need to complain about 'Royals'.

Now I feel compelled to complain about 'Blank Space'.
  • edited 2015-01-20 04:33:19

According to a 2002 survey conducted by the German market research institute Forsa, 95% of blue-collar workers, 88% of white-collar workers, 84% of public servants, and 80% of self-employed Germans shop at Aldi.
  • TreTre
    edited 2015-01-20 04:36:44
    I'm of the opinion that both are enjoyable, though from an objective standpoint I can understand their failings.

In Swift's case in particular, it's not a particularly masterful ditty but it's a marked improvement over her pre-1989 work (given the choice between "Blank Space" and, I dunno, "I Knew You Were Trouble.", I'd pick the former every time).
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    aldi owns trader joe's somehow
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    RESURGAM.
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Aw, who am I kidding? I love 'Blank Space'.
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    My money like my weed, yeah, I make it grow. I got everything you need, call me trader Joe.
  • Trader Joe's is owned by Aldi Nord, the Aldis in the US are owned by Aldi Sud
  • TreTre
    edited 2015-01-20 04:47:16
    MachSpeed said:

My main issue lies with the bridge. It's hard to tell whether or not she's talking about every guy in the world ever or just the guys she's had relationships with when she says "boys only want love if it's torture"; the latter's definitely implied given that the rest of the song is written about how her relationships are portrayed, but I feel like there may have been a better way to phrase it.

I know I just pulled the "not all men" card, but I feel like it might just be a necessity given how oblique the line is.
  • Tre said:

MachSpeed said:

My main issue lies with the bridge. It's hard to tell whether or not she's talking about every guy in the world ever or just the guys she's had relationships with when she says "boys only want love if it's torture"
    kinky
    Cream said:

My money like my weed, yeah, I make it grow. I got everything you need, call me trader Joe.

if you smoke this shit you'll be high for days

haha yeah January 2013 jam
  • TreTre
    edited 2015-01-20 04:49:22
    Other than that, though, it's a very self-aware take on the subject, and appreciably so.

Also "you know I love the players and YOU! LOVE! THE GAME!" is probably the best one-liner in pop music right now.
  • im listening to it now

it needs less percussion
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    moo
    Tre said:

Other than that, though, it's a very self-aware take on the subject, and appreciably so.

Also "you know I love the players and YOU! LOVE! THE GAME!" is probably the best one-liner in pop music right now.

'Blank Space' is just so quotable. "I'm a nightmare dressed as a daydream" is my second favorite.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch

I'm just wondering how deserving it is of its branding as Quality Television™

A lot of Quality Television™ shows don't really appeal to me, because they mostly seem to be about amoral douches and no that's not really my thing (I'm pretty sure of my favored characters, Ren Höek and Cadpig come closest to being such but they still have hearts)
    i think the real heartless bastards, people like Joffrey Baratheon, tend to be near-universally reviled.  Audiences like characters who are heavily flawed, but usually they have more depth than just being simply heartless.

There's an exception to this but it's not in 'serious' drama; the most amoral bastards i've seen on TV were comedy characters like Mandy or Eric Cartman.
  • kill living beings
    christing fuck i have no idea what is happeniing
    ?
    are you lost somewhere?
    hey randall, white hat comics suck, technically
  • kill living beings
    lost in persepolis
  • kill living beings
    indentin mah skin
  • This just in: Trevor Whatevr revealed as member of Greyson City's chapter of the Illuminati

More at 11
    dammit Tre, you know what will happen if you can't keep quiet about that

remember what happened to the idiot who let slip about the triangle?
    but Tre lives in the Triangle, home of ABC 11 Eyewitness News, part of ABC Warner
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    hypotenuse
    the eyewitness in the triangle
  • ILLUMINATUS
    'look out for the triangle guy'

the moral guardians have it all wrong, Gravity Falls is encoded with a WARNING
  • kill living beings
    illuminati
    self analyzing because it's easier than getting on with stuff

work will be procrastinated
  • edited 2015-01-20 09:30:00
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    last post before i do something else

it used to really bug me how i perceived everyone else as caring about celebrities pertaining to stuff they liked, and i didn't, i only cared about the content

this was particularly the case when people would call movie characters by the names of the actors playing them

to this day there are a lot of bands i listen to but couldn't name the individual musicians involved, and although i've picked up some stuff about VAs and writers for cartoons from talking to people online, i still feel unusual in the extent of my lack of interest in the individuals involved

i hope Anonus won't mind my saying this, but i think Anonus cares more about the people involved than is possibly typical, which would make us opposites in this respect and makes me think about this all the more
  • Ugh.

Bloody cramps.
  • Literally bloody cramps or metaphorically bloody cramps?  
  • waking up at 7:30 is

something I haven't had to do in years
  • 3 and one half hours of stats

ARE YE READY
  • edited 2015-01-20 14:16:48

three

and

one

half
  • kill living beings
    slob level slept in bed half filled with clothes because it was one am and I forgot I hadn't sorted them

also I'm an empty avoidant person incapable of meaningful emotion who keeps himself drugged to avoid introspection
  • stratified sampling

simple random sampling
  • kill living beings
    straight sampling

Adrien Sauvage