The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Haven said:

Looks like I'm doing a thing that is a bad idea probably because I have no self respect or friends

woo-oo
    CentralAvenue'sEntireLife.txt

Heh heh.
  • No this is better:

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    You know, my mental image of you is still John Egbert after all these years

Despite knowing what you look like IRL
  • So I just posted a couple pics of myself getting a door in the face and then dying.

Sounds about right.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    moo
    Haven said:

So I just posted a couple pics of myself getting a door in the face and then dying.

Sounds about right.
    It's your own fault for all the John avatars. u_u

The pony one in particular stands out in my memory for some reason.
    not to put too fine a point on it, say i'm the only bee in your bonnet
  • c'mooooon i haven't been able to read the upd8s yet!!!
    At this point I'm immune to Homestuck spoilers because I'm far enough behind that I don't know the context for anything anyway. >_<
    Sweet Bro & Hella Jeff
  • kill living beings
    naney said:

c'mooooon i haven't been able to read the upd8s yet!!!

spoiler: john gets wasted
    TEENAGE WASTELAND
    goffik
  • Haven said:

No this is better:

my life in one image tbh
    cartoon violence
  • kill living beings
    there's a comic i find really annoying (while still reading it) because it's half about a voracious reader but they have the opposite attitude to books that i do

i feel so nerdy
  • Too tiered
    two-tiered?
  • Tre said:

Moto's recent work is also kinda pretty, tbh

The 360 and Moto X are like, perf

my moto g is pretty
  • The lines were reasonably quick for me too, which was impressive because, well, Chicago O'Hare at Christmastime, I expected a long wait, you know?

huge line at Customs at FLL today (or yesterday, technically)
  • Social Security cards have to be one of the dumbest things America does.

You're supposed to carry this card around with you your entire life, but it's made of paper flimsier than the average business card and you're not allowed to laminate it.

Was there a shortage of actual, you know, plastic cards at some point??
    I just don't get why you're not allowed to laminate it
  • Social Security cards have to be one of the dumbest things America does.

You're supposed to carry this card around with you your entire life, but it's made of paper flimsier than the average business card and you're not allowed to laminate it.

Was there a shortage of actual, you know, plastic cards at some point??
    I just don't get why you're not allowed to laminate it
  • naney said:

particleboard

particleboard, particleboard
    doin the things, a particle bored
  • i really don't like how the youtube app on android forces screen to remain focused and forces screen on

worse, dolphin (and also the default browser, i think) just invoke the app rather than having actual youtube playing capability on their own
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.

I have also never seen much case of transmen talking over transwomen.

Indeed I do see a lot of self-proclaimed "trans feminists" talking about transmen as though they're the scum of the Earth.
    yeah i've seen much more of this tbh.  this and "FAAB" as a sort of slur, which, uh, yeah

The lines were reasonably quick for me too, which was impressive because, well, Chicago O'Hare at Christmastime, I expected a long wait, you know?

huge line at Customs at FLL today (or yesterday, technically)
    Mine was a domestic flight, so no Customs for me.

i really don't like how the youtube app on android forces screen to remain focused and forces screen on

worse, dolphin (and also the default browser, i think) just invoke the app rather than having actual youtube playing capability on their own

Does anyone even still use the default Android browser? I switched to Chrome as soon as I got a 4.x phone...

Calica said:

I have also never seen much case of transmen talking over transwomen.

Indeed I do see a lot of self-proclaimed "trans feminists" talking about transmen as though they're the scum of the Earth.
    yeah i've seen much more of this tbh.  this and "FAAB" as a sort of slur, which, uh, yeah
    I can't tell if this is a Tumblr-specific problem or something larger.
  • i still haven't used chrome on my phone because i haven't agreed to its terms of use
  • instead i use default browser and dolphin
    Android's stock browser isn't very good, from what I remember of it

Its WebKit renders things in a less polished way than Blink
    GUARDSMAN PAYNE: Um, Your Highness?

ME: Yes?

PAYNE: Can you...please tell the Safety Fairy to give my assault rifle back?

ME: Why does the Safety Fairy have your assault rifle?

PAYNE: She, uh, confiscated it for being "grossly unsafe", milady.

ME: So let me get this straight. The unarmed fairy asked you, a heavily armed guard sworn to protect the princess, to relieve yourself of your weapon, and you willingly complied?

PAYNE: ...I'm not getting my rifle back, am I?

ME: Luckily for you, I don't actually trust the Safety Fairy with that thing. So I'll get it back. But try to, you know, stick to your guns next time. Literally.

PAYNE: Understood, Your Highness.

ME: Now get out of my office.
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    I should hardly need to point out that Tumblr is a bad representation of... well, anything ever. Except what happens if you get a lot of teenagers in the same space.
  • Still, it's treated like a haven for trans people when it's giving a lot of shit to one particular group.
  • edited 2015-01-08 15:24:33
    We can do anything if we do it together.
    There's also the fact that in most of the southern U.S., Tumblr and similar places are the only realistic access that LGBT people, particularly teenagers, have to any sort of likeminded community.

Trans men on Tumblr shouldn't have to pay for crimes that they didn't commit.
    Android 5.0.2 seems legit less laggy on my Nexus 7 than 5.0 did

I approve
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.

I should hardly need to point out that Tumblr is a bad representation of... well, anything ever. Except what happens if you get a lot of teenagers in the same space.

it wasn't just tumblr and it wasn't just teens
    (Also, Tumblr cannot, and should not, be considered a safe space in any sense of the phrase. There are just as many bigots there as most other public blogging sites, it's just easier to block them out.)
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    It's not a safe space, no.

There is definitely a tumblr community that presents itself as inclusive but which engages in bullying, sometimes with transphobic, misogynistic or otherwise bigoted overtones.

It sounds as though Calica is talking about something slightly different, though.
  • Android 5.0.2 seems legit less laggy on my Nexus 7 than 5.0 did

I approve
    meanwhile, the phone I got specifically because it was announced as being upgraded to Lollipop is STILL ON KITKAT

>:\
  • It wouldn't bother me so much if Verizon and the unlocked versions of the phone were still on KK but they're not

I don't know what the deal is with the AT&T variant but whatever's keeping them from being able to push the update out is a bugbear that needs to go awau
  • wait, android versions are alphabetical, yes

so kitkat comes after jellybean

so somehow my phone, which is a good 9 months older than my boyfriend's, has a newer version of android

huh
  • i suppose i got kitkat pretty much immediately after it was released, and i have got a moto from that weirdly brief period when google owned them, but still. wtf fairphone
    Here's a post that can phrase things far more eloquently than me, from a transman's perspective. (It's about transmen in women's spaces, in this case specifically women's colleges, but it touches on the nature of male privilege as it applies to them.)

http://trans-fusion.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/who-belongs-in-womens-spaces-again.html?m=1
    moo
  • sunn wolf said:

i suppose i got kitkat pretty much immediately after it was released, and i have got a moto from that weirdly brief period when google owned them, but still. wtf fairphone

I honestly thought kitkat here was supposed to refer to some homestuck pairing.

Kitrezi and Katkar.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    @Fossilmaiden i don't disagree that transmen are men and that they can receive male privilege.

Just so we're clear on that.

i don't disagree with anything in the article that you linked.
    and if I say to you tomorrow
  • kill living beings
    the way women's colleges deal with trans people is so frickin weird