The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• meow meow meowtherfuckers
    The only thing I remember liking about DiC is that they produced Liberty's Kids, which was originally broadcasted on PBS Kids anyway.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Joyeux said:

The only thing I remember liking about DiC is that they produced Liberty's Kids, which was originally broadcasted on PBS Kids anyway.

I have always hated that show
    I think a large part of me liking it was because little me wanted the blonde guy and redhead girl to kiss, tbh.
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Anonus said:

Joyeux said:

I have always hated that show
    I... I liked it.

-shameliroz-
    I always thought the things DIC put out in that time, unless they were Sabrina, were oppressively soulless and nasty

oppressive soulless nastiness was more or less DIC's stock-in-trade for their whole existence, barring a few things here and there (e.g. Inspector Gadget, AOSTH)
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    I thought it was OK, if nothing special. Liking it is not a reason for shame.

Why did you hate it, AU?
    See above
    also, Sabrina was the best they could do and it was still pretty subpar
  • edited 2014-09-17 21:53:19
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    Soullessness is really interesting, and actually quite rare.

But yeah, I know nothing of Dic except Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (Which I liked... -shameliroz-), Sabrina (which I liked), and Th Borrowers (Which I hated).

Never watched Inspector Gadget, dunno what Aosth is or how to pronounce it.

So, oppressive soulless nastiness?  Sounds like The Disney Tween Sitcom Jessie.
    AOSTH isn't soulless, it's one of the only good things DIC ever made

So is Gadget

Do you want me to unleash hell and post Mary-Kate and Ashley in Action?
    Liberty's Kids was an educational show that actually kept my attention as a kid, so there's that.

I never really cared about Sabrina, which is a feat considering I always wanted to be a witch.
    (2015 self)
    My family never had any notable channels except Fox Kids/4kids and PBS.  Nothing else.  No nikelodeon, Disney channel, Qubo, Jetix, Funimation, Cartoon Network, History or discovery channel.

I had to go next door and to my grandma's house to watch the cool shows like Samurai Jack, Avatar the last Airbender, Sailor Moon, etc.

Sabrina was basically the poor Rozzy's Sailor Moon.
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    I like Archie Comics more than I should, and even I'll admit that Sabrina is a character that's never really been properly executed. 

I've heard very good things about Tania Del Rio's comics, though, and I need to sit down and actually read them someday.
  • kill living beings
    i have strong feelings about nothing
  • edited 2014-09-17 22:03:37
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    (The scene: Princess Meredith behind the wheel of her pink convertible on a busy highway. Her protegee, Heiress Jeanette, sits in the passenger seat.)

PRINCESS MEREDITH: My word! What is this obstruction?

HEIRESS JEANETTE: It's called "rush hour".

MEREDITH: "It's called 'rush hour' what?"

JEANETTE: ...It's called "rush hour", your majesty.

MEREDITH: That's Doctor Your Majesty to you!

JEANETTE: ...I don't believe you have a doctorate, your majesty.

MEREDITH: The impudence! What makes you say this, child?

JEANETTE: Well, if you had that level of education, you'd probably know what a traffic jam was. Just sayin'.

MEREDITH: This is something you learned at that fancy school of yours, isn't it? I knew not homeschooling you was a bad idea.

JEANETTE: Can we talk about this when we get back to the palace?

MEREDITH: We won't be getting to the palace at this rate. I've had quite enough.

(Meredith begins honking the horn indiscriminately. The driver in front of her, seeing it's the Prirncess behind him, quietly pulls onto the shoulder to let her pass. After this continues for about four cars, Jeanette speaks up.)

JEANETTE: Uh, Princess? Can you, like, not do that?

MEREDITH: Why ever not, child?

JEANETTE: Well, you're always teaching me I should behave in a manner befitting of a princess. Wouldn't a true princess show humility by waiting in traffic like everyone else?

MEREDITH: ...Wise words from such a small child.

JEANETTE: Aww, you really think so?

MEREDITH: No.

(Meredith pulls onto the shoulder and begins accelerating to highway speeds. Jeanette sighs and resigns herself to her mentor's impatience until she spots something up ahead--a police cruiser stopped on the shoulder.)

JEANETTE: MEREDITH, STOP!

(Meredith slams on the brakes, but it's too late. Her pink convertible rams the back of the police car, startling the officer, who had been talking to a driver he'd pulled over.)

CONSTABLE: My car!

MEREDITH: Ooh. Sorry, constable!

JEANETTE: Next time remind me to have Uncle Ralph hide your keys.
  • Smee, Maiman, Doktar, Pavelier, Button-Lee, Juan Ovyu

Ebin :DDD
    localization never
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Also, back in th 1980s, Paul Dini wasn't tied to one place and wrote for a lot of stuff (including the Ewoks and Droids cartoons at one point).
    I think he's at Marvel Animation now...
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.

Who gave Wright a katana?

That's his Meiji era ancestor, who is a wannabe samurai.
  • kill living beings
    hhhhhhhhhhhhhh
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

*Sharp-Dressed Man playing in the distance*
  • kill living beings
    you look
    (2015 self)
    As sick as I am of how overhyped Batman is, Batman The Animated Series is still a fantastic show.
  • Oh no 

just found my super embarrassing ninth grade crush *destroys self*
  • edited 2014-09-17 23:42:51
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    Kexruct said:

Oh no 

just found my super embarrassing ninth grade crush *destroys self*
    nOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

-OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOn

Kexruct said:

*fles syortsed* hsurc egard htnin gnissarrabme repus ym dnouf tsuj

on hO
    (2015 self)
    ?taht saw tahW
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    .oot ,etouq eht ni eman sih desrever evah dluohs uoY
  • .oot ,etouq eht ni eman sih desrever evah dluohs uoY

?siht ekiL
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Bah, I am a very important and respected goddess and have no time for such tomfoolery as reversing my writing.
  • edited 2014-09-18 01:06:04

Today he has no means, he's alone and anonymous
    But written in his cells he has got the marks of the genius
    I'm looking for this man to sell him to other men
    To sell him to other men, to make us rich and famous
    I'm looking for this man to sell him to other men
    To sell him to other men, for ten times his price at least
    I'm looking for a man who's able to forget them to realize my aim
    syrup
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.

Bah, I am a very important and respected goddess and have no time for such tomfoolery as reversing my writing.

just stick an RTL marker in it
  • edited 2014-09-18 03:11:12
    kill living beings
    this plan has no downside‏
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.

this plan has no downside‏

of course not.  i mean, you've seen twitter recently, right
  • I really hate regionally targeted ads on Youtube.

THERE'S AN ENERGY IN EASTON THAT YOU DON'T WANNA MISS
    http://hanna-barbera-land.tumblr.com/post/90130460623/sixpathsofbased-i-watched-this-over-10-timea

this is basically what happened to the Scooby franchise

kind of strange how it became this big loud flamboyant thing when it was originally kind of low-key and atmospheric
  • edited 2014-09-18 07:49:09
    I can't help but feel a little offended when a the story of characters people I've come to know and care about is dismissed by others as "shit" (or terms of similar meaning).
  • edited 2014-09-18 07:51:41
    Also, ninth-drage crushes are great, aren't they?
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    I haven't had a crush since my second-drage. You're doing something wrong.
  • edited 2014-09-18 10:47:12
    THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Mo: I get one for a glass fitter in Dulles sometimes. It's weird as hell because I'm a good hour's drive from there. 

Also, I was listening to WTOP earlier, and I remembered why I stopped: The commercials are annoying, especially the damn shill spots for various laissez-faire causes. I counted NCTA (fuck you too, Comcast) and the US Chamber of Commerce (same to you, Exxon and Walmart) in just 20 minutes of listening. (WTOP gets a lot of advocacy ads, since a large chunk of the government—from Executive Branch worker bees to staffers on the Hill—listen to it).
  • edited 2014-09-18 10:30:45
    THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    I could write an entire blog entry about 9th grade, and the transition it represented (you could easily say that the 1980s ended for me in April of 1991 and the 1990s began in August of 1992), but I have to get to work!
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    What is it with math departments and multiple "midterm" exams?

Not quite getting the concept of "midterm", are you?
    math teachers cannot do math
  • kill living beings
    i have one tomorrow

or maybe it's just an exam

i don't know honestly
    lee4hmz said:

Mo: I get one for a glass fitter in Dulles sometimes. It's weird as hell because I'm a good hour's drive from there. 

Also, I was listening to WTOP earlier, and I remembered why I stopped: The commercials are annoying, especially the damn shill spots for various laissez-faire causes. I counted NCTA (fuck you too, Comcast) and the US Chamber of Commerce (same to you, Exxon and Walmart) in just 20 minutes of listening. (WTOP gets a lot of advocacy ads, since a large chunk of the government—from Executive Branch worker bees to staffers on the Hill—listen to it).
    I read that WTOP is one of the few all-news radio stations in America that's actually done well, in terms of format and ratings.

I'm kind of surprised that Bonneville was willing to sell it to anyone; seems like Hubbard really got themselves a cash cow.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    They're a good station, but you really, really don't want to listen during the run-up to an election or when a contentious issue is under consideration in Congress, because that's where all the shill ads go.