The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• edited 2014-09-13 23:33:26
    image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Super Family Computer

(Also, the American SNES was really really ugly.)
  • fight. dream. horse. love.
    finished Orange is the New Black about 1000 years after everybody else
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Kexruct said:

...I can't believe this.
    I've been following it, but I need to catch up.

It's actually not a bad show, all things considered (although to be fair 75% of the reason why I watch the show is Jessica and the Wasp)
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.

Super Family Computer

(Also, the American SNES was really really ugly.)

I dunno about really ugly, but I do prefer the Japanese design.
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    It's like a plastic breeze block.
  • (*trent reznor voice*) i don't feel anything at all
  • Kexruct said:

...I can't believe this.
    I've been following it, but I need to catch up.

It's actually not a bad show, all things considered (although to be fair 75% of the reason why I watch the show is Jessica and the Wasp)
    So, Digimon Frontier but with the Avengers?

That's...enjoyable.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Odradek said:

I have now watched both Twin Peaks the series and Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me.

Man that was a depressing conclusion to a series that had hilarious hijinx as a weasel escapes in a stuffy dinner party
    Lynchiana, in its splendour.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    I have to wonder what would have happened to animation in general, had Disney been essentially auctioned off back in 1984. I'm sure no good would have come of giving them the MGM treatment, but I also suspect that the shift to Japan and Canada that was already in place would have happened a lot faster.
    And Korea.

They aren't the creators of a lot of exported content, but they do a lot of the technical work.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I'm goddamn bored

I haven't done much today besides studying

I feel like roleplaying but I don't really have anyone to play with
  • Dimension Mages:

Magic Jane / Me
    Yuuko from xxxHolic
    Yukari from Touhou
    Prismo from Adventure Time
    probably Princess Alice, let's be honest
    ???
  • edited 2014-09-14 02:01:44
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    lee4hmz said:

I have to wonder what would have happened to animation in general, had Disney been essentially auctioned off back in 1984. I'm sure no good would have come of giving them the MGM treatment, but I also suspect that the shift to Japan and Canada that was already in place would have happened a lot faster.

I came up with a scenario a while back in which Disney's intellectual property (the back catalog, the rights to the Walt Disney brand, and the company's characters) and the Disney Channel were bought by Turner Broadcasting, who would after a time revive Disney's animation studio. Not much came of this idea...

Dimension Mages:

Magic Jane / Me
    Yuuko from xxxHolic
    Yukari from Touhou
    ???

There is at least one character in the thing that I am sort of writing who could reasonably qualify.

Also: Jade Harley as the Witch of Space from Homestuck. She's basically one step below God... and still a complete dork.
  • you know Jade is the only character specifically identified as a furry in a non-furry oriented work that i can think of
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    What's a Dimension Mage?
  • edited 2014-09-14 02:09:54
    “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    ^^ There are a handful of others, but they are on the rare side.

And there are two if we count Nepeta, but that's a slightly different context, I suppose?
  • What's a Dimension Mage?

a being with

A) the ability to easily travel between all the different dimensions of the multiverse (notably this does not necessarily include any MtG Planeswalker, as they are ordinarily restricted to the MtG universe cluster)

B) an interest in exerting some sort of influence across multiple universes, and the power to do so.

I mostly put you in there because it just seemed appropriate.
  • Dimension Mages:

Magic Jane / Me
    Yuuko from xxxHolic
    Yukari from Touhou
    ???

There is at least one character in the thing that I am sort of writing who could reasonably qualify.

Also: Jade Harley as the Witch of Space from Homestuck. She's basically one step below God... and still a complete dork.

Dimension Mages:

Magic Jane / Me
    Yuuko from xxxHolic
    Yukari from Touhou
    Jade from Homestuck
    somebody from a thing Sredni is writing
    ???

• also being attractive is not a requirement as Prismo's inclusion on the list shows, but it does help

as Yuuko demonstrates here

What's a Dimension Mage?

a being with

A) the ability to easily travel between all the different dimensions of the multiverse (notably this does not necessarily include any MtG Planeswalker, as they are ordinarily restricted to the MtG universe cluster)

B) an interest in exerting some sort of influence across multiple universes, and the power to do so.

If you consider the multiple Centralia continuities as different universes, it makes sense

(Even though I tried to unify those to an extent)
  • at the very least Princess Alice seems like someone who would know a Dimension Magus.
  • Commodore Guff might count as a Dimension Mage planeswalker. Theoretically. He's one of the pre-Mending planeswalkers, which make the current planeswalkers look like children playing with toys, and he's known for being able to break the fourth wall.
  • Dimension Mages:

Magic Jane / Me
    Yuuko from xxxHolic
    Yukari from Touhou
    Jade from Homestuck
    Commodore Guff
    ???

• edited 2014-09-14 02:50:27

What's a Dimension Mage?

a being with

Actually, Lord English probably fits this criteria better than Jade. She can warp space to the point that she can keep planets in her pockets and pilot spaceships literally out of her own story, but she doesn't really have the ambition or ruthlessness to, say, punch holes in space-time or take over whole planes. Lord English can and does. He also double-murders people. It's rather alarming.
    The Anchorite and the Passenger in my own whatsit do qualify, however. Possibly Baraqiel as well, but he's... stuck at the moment.
  • well Dimension Magi need not necessarily be evil, or even ambitious, there is a scale of being for whom enacting deeply involved long-term plans spanning centuries over multiple dimensions is more a matter of mild mischief.
  • edited 2014-09-14 03:17:26
    I'm well aware. I'm just pointing out that the more aggressive example is actually closer to the definition. Jade can do some fairly astonishing things, but in the narrative she mainly affects individual universes and doesn't do much dimension-hopping per se save for the spaceship through the void thing. Lord English actively moves between levels of reality and wreaks havoc. Neither are much like Yuuko, however. Two others are closer: Calliope has some weird powers like that (and a plan), but they're little seen, and she's sort of stuck in one place because reasons; and Aranea is a long-game player, but she doesn't have time/space powers (she is literally a luck wizard) and she screws her own plans by being incredibly arrogant.
  • edited 2014-09-14 03:19:52
    Actually, scratch that, Calliope brings other people to her like a magnet, so she's actually a perfect example. She's just way more low-key than most other characters of that type. (She's also Lord English's... mirror? It's hard to explain.)
  • very well.

Dimension Mages:

Magic Jane / Me
    Yuuko from xxxHolic
    Yukari from Touhou
    Calliope from Homestuck
    Commodore Guff
    ???

• edited 2014-09-14 03:31:28

My cat scrambles was never much of a lap cat, but for the past few days, he's really taken to sitting on my lap. On one hand it's nice to have him there, but on the other hand he can sit there for hours at a time.

I kind of wonder why he's become so much of a lap cat after 4 years on not being one.
  • edited 2014-09-14 03:34:02
    ^^ That works.

The manipulation of time and space is a recurring theme in that comic, especially later on. There are several characters for whom basic physics is a mere plaything. Jade and Lord English are particularly unafraid of flipping relativity the bird, but Calliope is... sort of like Anthy in Revolutionary Girl Utena, minus a few awkward details.

My cat scrambles was never much of a lap cat, but for the past few days, he's really taken to sitting on my lap. On one hand it's nice to have him there, but on the other hand he can sit there for hours at a time.

I kind of wonder why he's become so much of a lap cat after 4 years on not being one.

It happens. One of our cats became very amenable to petting and lap-sitting when she got old after years of running and hiding from nearly everyone.
  • kill living beings
    i think i lost a usb cord, tragic
  • im watching star trek

i took a bunch of naps this afternoon so my sleep schedule is officially Out of Whacktm
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    -ponders how we can have multi-gigabit data lines without having to use expensive microwave-rated coax-
  • naney said:

im watching star trek

i took a bunch of naps this afternoon so my sleep schedule is officially Out of Whacktm

Same here. Gonna try and wake up by 10 and force myself to get back into a semi normal sleep schedule.
  • Guh

I don't even know how to begin tackling my lines in The Man Who Came To Dinner
  • nine-banded armadillo hype
  • the sanju kayvon saul foundation
  • STRESSED-unstressed
    STRESSED-unstressed
    STRESSED-unstressed
    STRESSED-unstressed
    STRESSED-unstressed
    STRESSED-unstressed
    STRESSED-unstressed
    STRESSED-unstressed
  • OOvertherooftops step in time
    OOvertherooftops step in time
    UP ONE HALF STEP
  • glennmagusharveyglennmagusharvey
    extends five arms and points in the general directions of Yarrun, Central Avenue, Jumping Zombie, Sr...
    /me extends five arms and points in the general directions of Yarrun, Central Avenue, Jumping Zombie, Sredni Vashtar, and Lilly

"Yee"
  • edited 2014-09-14 09:23:31
    MoralCompass.exe has stopped responding